I had to downgrade my os and wad able to recover all my apps except I found that the games bejeweled and the Sims 3 were not in any of my back up files, nor are they in 'my world' or anywhere else. Has anyone had success or does anyone have advice to give about how I can get these back without paying for them again? I'd also like tips on how to avoid losing them when I change my os. Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-09 08:26 PM
    I had to downgrade my os and wad able to recover all my apps except I found that the games bejeweled and the Sims 3 were not in any of my back up files, nor are they in 'my world' or anywhere else. Has anyone had success or does anyone have advice to give about how I can get these back without paying for them again? I'd also like tips on how to avoid losing them when I change my os. Thanks!

not sure how you can get them back but I suggest you use BBSAK to backup all your apps in the future, then all you have to do after a wipe is locate the backup folder with DM and reinstall.
    09-11-09 08:53 PM
    Thanks. I located my backup folder and for some reson these were nowhere to be found. Then I realised they haven't been in any backups I have made, any clues why?

I also figured out last night that my world in app world had decided to configure itself to my second email address that I have associated with my blackberry, so when I signed out of that and signed in using the right one it worked. I got Sims 3 through a Verizon link, though, and haven't had any luck so far.

09-12-09 06:28 AM
    You need to back up your third party apps separately either by using BBSAK or DM. Most people are now doing it with BBSAK and are reporting good results, I've only done it through DM. If you want further information on how to do this so it doesn't happen again, go to the thread go to the Storm Tip's Faqs and How to Page and click on the thread that says ALL RESOURCES.
    09-12-09 07:14 AM
    My BBSAK 3rd party app backup file was corrupted. I tried to reload it through DM and it couldn't.

The best thing is to keep the COD's on your computer in your own back up folder. Everytime you install a new app, locate the modules with BBSAK and copy them onto your ocmputer for backup...
    09-12-09 03:19 PM
    My BBSAK 3rd party app backup file was corrupted. I tried to reload it through DM and it couldn't.

The best thing is to keep the COD's on your computer in your own back up folder. Everytime you install a new app, locate the modules with BBSAK and copy them onto your ocmputer for backup...
    Ya know I've never had a corrupted file using trusty old DM and backing up with these instructions:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...-4-7-a-125449/

Had to use it today as a matter of fact. Worked fine. Works with DM 5.0 also.
    09-12-09 03:33 PM
    I'm moving this thread to 3rd Party Apps
    09-12-09 04:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD