Hi all,
    I'm subscribed to a fairly busy listserv in which I receive 50-100 emails a day. For a while, I was filtering them through BIS so that I only received them on the computer (gmail) but they weren't forwarded to my BB. However, I do want to receive them on my phone, I just don't want it to vibrate or ring everytime a message comes in.
    The problem is, I can't set a custom ringer for the list serv becuase the "from" field is populated by the actual sender. It's the "to" field which is the listserve address.
    Does anybody have any solutions?

Thanks
    09-11-09 01:51 PM
    Hi all,
    I'm subscribed to a fairly busy listserv in which I receive 50-100 emails a day. For a while, I was filtering them through BIS so that I only received them on the computer (gmail) but they weren't forwarded to my BB. However, I do want to receive them on my phone, I just don't want it to vibrate or ring everytime a message comes in.
    The problem is, I can't set a custom ringer for the list serv becuase the "from" field is populated by the actual sender. It's the "to" field which is the listserve address.
    Does anybody have any solutions?

Thanks
    I would set up an additional email account for listserv and other similar services. Then you can assign different notifications to that email address alone.

I'm sure there's other solutions, but I like that solution for myself because it keeps those unnecessary updates away from my more important emails, both in my phone and my email client.
    09-11-09 06:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD