As stated, it works when I manually add my home network. When I scan, I don't pick up ANY networks at all. Also when I am connected to my home network, I do get the UMA, but if i walk away from my router, i automatically lose the wifi connection due to a weak signal...This is confusing me. Anyone have this issue? I used to have an 8320 that picked up signals like crazy. A t-mo rep said to get a new sim card, but do we know if that'll help? Any feedback is appreciated.
    09-11-09 07:59 AM
    Try moving the router and see if that helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-09 08:36 AM
    What kind/model of Wireless Router do you have??? I have a T-Mobile @home router and it works great... but mine is located in the middle of the house in the living room... but I pick up my signal out in the garage, and even in the yard.
    09-11-09 08:53 AM
    it's a dynex, but my issue is that my 8900 doesn't even pick up any networks when scanning. Is this model known to have weak wifi capability?
    09-11-09 09:25 AM
    Nope. Could just be yours potentially. Is it under warranty?

09-11-09 09:29 AM
    it's a dynex, but my issue is that my 8900 doesn't even pick up any networks when scanning. Is this model known to have weak wifi capability?
    I have not heard of any issues like this... so are you saying that you can go to other wifi location and still have problems trying to scan for networks and that is why you believe it MUST be the device, or have you only found this issue in your house???
    09-11-09 10:12 AM
    I would try to change your router's wireless channel from what it is currently to either 1, 6, or 11. If that doesn't help then check the UMA Guide link in my signature.
    09-11-09 10:29 AM
    I used to have the same problem, and a friend had a similar problem, too.

I have a 2wire AT&T modem. It would constantly drop the connection, especially in our bedroom, which was odd because we never had a problem with either of our ps3s. My phone used to cycle on and off trying to reset the connection, I guess.

It doesn't do that anymore, but I'm not sure what fixed the problem. The day it started working correctly, the only thing I'd done was accidentally unplug our modem. Once I plugged it back up and it powered back up, my connection between my modem and phone was fine. Haven't had the cycling problem or the connection problem since.

09-11-09 06:36 PM
    everything above is what I recommend as well.
    I have a DLINK dir 655, with wi-fi protected setup. ( google this ) My connection is great.

1. reboot router and modem. ( 1 at a time )
    2. change the "wireless channel" to one that is not used by the other devices that your phone picks up. This is a solid method and helps to reduce drops. I use channel 6, but like I said, just look at the other devices your laptop/pc/and phone pickup and choose a channel that is not used. Many home users never change this so their channel is often set on 1. Don't be like them
    09-12-09 10:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD