Hi,

I just got a new Tour and noticed that the the screen has moves/shakes. Has anyone else experienced this? FYI sorry if this has been posted already.
    09-11-09 02:35 AM
    The problem you refer to is called screen ripple, I believe, and is a rather common complaint with the Tour. Just search in the toolbar for that term to find the threads pertaining to this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-09 03:09 AM
    And questions to answers is why the site exists, so welcome to CrackBerry!

09-11-09 03:12 AM
    Generally, the screen ripple is not a big issue for most users, but if it does bother you, a trip to a VZW store for a better built phone maybe in order. Thank God for the 30 return policy.

09-11-09 05:11 AM
    Hi,

I just got a new Tour and noticed that the the screen has moves/shakes. Has anyone else experienced this? FYI sorry if this has been posted already.
    welcome to crackberry!

like the others have said, this is known as screen ripple. many here had that on there phones and got them replaced with a new Tour that did not have that screen ripple effect.
    09-11-09 07:55 AM
    welcome to crackberry!

like the others have said, this is known as screen ripple. many here had that on there phones and got them replaced with a new Tour that did not have that screen ripple effect.
    Is it worth replacing? The phone I got is unlocked. Do all sprint tours come that way? Is there long term damage to the rippling?
    09-11-09 02:27 PM
    That doesn't sound like the screen ripple... The screen ripple is something that happens to LCD screens when you push your finger on it. Some phones came that when the clear/cancel button or the BB button was pressed the screen would ripple. This doesn't sound like what is happening with your phone.

What I imagine from your description, and I haven't seen anything about this yet, so please specify, but it sounds like there is actually some play in your screen, meaning you can actually move your screen up/down or side to side? If your screen is loose, then yes, you need to get that fixed. That's a pretty big deal. Is this what your describing? For a better example of the screen ripple, touch your screen with medium pressure, and you should see a ripple effect on the screen similar to touching water, with mixing/blurring of colors.
    09-11-09 02:32 PM
    Spierce7 is spot on. If the screen is movin, go get another, if it's a ripple when ya touch it's not that big a deal.
    09-11-09 03:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD