Quite a few people are having trouble with their Bluetooth profiles in OS .191. Some issues are the inability to modify the profiles, inability to delete profiles, and losing Bluetooth functions. This is either due to an incompatibility between the old O.S. and new O.S. or corruption of the Bluetooth profiles during the upgrade process. Before you throw the phone against the wall, follow these instructions.

The easiest thing to do is not run into this problem. To avoid it, delete your Bluetooth profiles from your current O.S. BEFORE upgrading to .191 or possibly any 5.0 O.S. release. Make sure that you create a data backup that does not have Bluetooth profiles in it. This will ensure that .191 is installed without any profiles set-up, and then NEVER restore data using a backup that includes Bluetooth profiles; only restore the data from your BT "clean" backup.

If it's too late, you've already installed the shiny new 5.0 O.S., and now you're having Bluetooth problems, don't fret! You're going to need to have some spare time on hand, but it can (most likely) be fixed.

Using the upgrade and downgrade instructions found in this forum, downgrade your O.S. to the previous version where you had working Bluetooth, and make sure your data is restored so your phone is just the way it was before you upgraded. NOW, delete ALL your Bluetooth profiles and reboot your phone. After the reboot verify that your Bluetooth list is free from any profiles. If they are still there, delete and reboot again. Repeat until they are gone for sure. I know, sounds funny, but I had mine reappear once after rebooting.

Now your phone should be setup the way you want it except without any Bluetooth profiles. At this point you need to do a data backup. Make sure you make some sort of a mental (or otherwise) note that this backup is completely free of Bluetooth profiles.

Now follow the upgrade instructions to upgrade back to .191. For good measure (and to make sure your apps transfer), make sure you select the option to backup your apps and data during the upgrade. Then upgrade the OS and restore the data either using the backup that was done during the install or the backup you did just before that was clean of Bluetooth profiles. DO NOT EVER restore data with any other backup you have done in the past. Restoring with a previous backup will reinstall your old Bluetooth profiles and you will have to start this process all over!

Now you should have the new O.S. installed and all your data and apps should be installed the way things were before. Check your Bluetooth list and make sure there are no profiles. If there are profiles then you did something wrong and somehow ended up restoring them from the previous O.S. Sorry, you will have to start over if that's the case! however, if you followed the directions correctly (or I made them easy enough to follow), you should have an empty Bluetooth list. If it's empty you are GOOD TO GO!

Now, re-create your Bluetooth profiles within the new O.S. and pair up your devices. Everything should work as well or better than it did before!

Good luck! Any questions, PM me (ChuckH0308) and I will do my best to help get things all straightened out!
    09-10-09 09:26 PM
    Nice post! This should be stickied
    09-10-09 09:28 PM
    How do we vote to sticky, I will happily do it This is a great write up. I didn't even know mine were acting weird lol
    09-10-09 09:35 PM
    good post

i have always deleted mine before new OS loads. On older phones connecting my phone to my AVIC nav system was a pain and i was always deleting and recreating them. The practice has carried over with the storm.

Now with my new Z110BT, i create profile once and it has always been fine. i get stereo bluetooth music from slacker or the built in media player just fine.
    09-10-09 09:36 PM
    Thanks guys! PK will be moving it to the "tips and How to" forum shortly. Like I told him though, I just hope I'm right about this or I'm going to end up feeling like an id1ot...lol!
    09-10-09 09:39 PM
    lol It's ok chuck, we'll still love you even if you are an id1ot!
    09-10-09 09:43 PM
    Gang,

Moved to the Tips Forum. I think if we keep up with it we can refine this thread as the different 5.0 versions come out, plus we can provide other BT help.
    09-10-09 09:46 PM
    I was having a similar issue with one of my 3 profiles unable to delete or even get menu options on it. I was able to delete the profile right below it and then the trouble profile became accessible. I don't know if this trick will work for others but worth a try before full rebuild.

Thanks for the helpful post.

-Ron
    09-10-09 10:41 PM
    I was having a similar issue with one of my 3 profiles unable to delete or even get menu options on it. I was able to delete the profile right below it and then the trouble profile became accessible. I don't know if this trick will work for others but worth a try before full rebuild.

Thanks for the helpful post.

-Ron
    Interesting, that did not work for me. I had one device that worked and even when I deleted it first I got nowhere with the others. Good thought though...try this before going through the whole O.S. change thing!
    09-11-09 01:12 AM
    Hi I had this problem after upgrading to .230 so I did as mentioned above downgraded deleted my bluetooth wiped etc. My only issue now is everything works but no one can hear me. I've checked all my settings re did da pairing process I have the plantronics bt .if anyone knows of a something else I should do let me kno thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-09 04:53 AM
    my BT works, but after getting out of my car the blue light keeps flashing. I have to turn the phone off and back on to get it to stop. not to big of a deal, but an annoyance. I tried to load back to 151 and delete the profiles, but there was no option to do so on two of the three I have loaded, any idea how to get them off in this case?
    09-24-09 06:32 PM
    use this files and put it on ur fone this will wipe ur current bluetooth setting then i suggest u pair ur device with anouther fone laying around that it has never been pared to then once uve done that pair it with the origanal device that wasnt working and it should work perfect
    09-25-09 12:37 AM
    Tomy,
    When you say "put this file on your phone" what do you mean? Does this blutooth.ipd file get installed? Do you copy it to \system?

A little help. I've been through hours of downgrades, wipe, remove bt, upgrade, restore, etc. The damn bt with issues showed up again because of BES activation. Pain in the A$$!!

Thanks!
    09-25-09 09:53 AM
    I think I got it. The .ipd is a backup and you just saved the empty bluetooth config, right? I tried it & it didn't work. I reset my storm after the restore as well.

Any other suggestions?

Do I need to shut off BT first?

Thanks again.
    09-25-09 10:06 AM
    Just to clear it up in my head...when you say delete BT profiles do you mean deleting the paired devices in the BT options?

09-25-09 10:16 AM
    Just to clear it up in my head...when you say delete BT profiles do you mean deleting the paired devices in the BT options?

Gil - If you figure this out, please post. This is my original problem. With .230, you cannot delete "some" BT devices from the profile list. Example, my Toyota connection cannot be removed. My Acura & Plantronics connections can be deleted. Very strange.
    09-25-09 10:18 AM
    Gil - If you figure this out, please post. This is my original problem. With .230, you cannot delete "some" BT devices from the profile list. Example, my Toyota connection cannot be removed. My Acura & Plantronics connections can be deleted. Very strange.
    Unfortunately I am not running .230 or have issues with BT on .167, nor did I have problems with BT when I was testing .230. Hopefully someone clears it up, or writes up more detailed instructions.

09-25-09 11:57 AM
    I'm surprised my method isn't working for everyone...it worked on both my Storms, and I think a few others too. Sorry to those who are still having problems! I'm glad to see others are coming up with other methods though. It's always good to have options if possible, and anything that is easier than starting over is a good thing! Good luck everyone!

Oh yeah, I would be interested in knowing more about these files that were posted too. What they do, where they came from, etc.
    09-25-09 02:43 PM
    I'm surprised my method isn't working for everyone...it worked on both my Storms, and I think a few others too. Sorry to those who are still having problems! I'm glad to see others are coming up with other methods though. It's always good to have options if possible, and anything that is easier than starting over is a good thing! Good luck everyone!

Oh yeah, I would be interested in knowing more about these files that were posted too. What they do, where they came from, etc.
    Chuck - Do you sync to a BES server? The .ipd file is a cut down version of the backup in this case. I tried to create my own bluetooth.ipd file that was OS specific and that didn't work either. Still can't delete my old BT Pairing.

Bummer.
    09-25-09 02:45 PM
    Chuck - Do you sync to a BES server? The .ipd file is a cut down version of the backup in this case. I tried to create my own bluetooth.ipd file that was OS specific and that didn't work either. Still can't delete my old BT Pairing.

Bummer.
    No, I do not sync to a BES server. I'm halfway tempted to say that another OS should come down the line soon, but I'm also afraid that if the profiles got corrupted going to .191 or .230 then there's a possibility the problem may continue to any OS change and it would be best to have everything all fixed up before then. I think from now on I'm just going to delete my profiles every time I upgrade.

Unfortunately I just sold my spare Storm, so I don't have a "test" unit anymore that I feel comfortable with trying crazy things with. I suppose if I get bored enough I could start playing around with the one I still have, but the BT is working well on it now and I don't want to mess it up. Certainly if I come up with any other ideas I will post them.
    09-25-09 02:52 PM
    I was able to figure out how to edit/ delete your existing Bluetooth devices. Go to Options>Bluetooth>BBMenu>Options>Scroll down to Services>UnCheck the type of service that bluetooth devices uses. This will then allow you to right click on the device, and get the menu to edit/ delete the bluetooth device.

I did that and it worked like a charm. Except i disabled ALL of the services and then deleted the profile.
    09-25-09 03:04 PM
    I did that and it worked like a charm. Except i disabled ALL of the services and then deleted the profile.
    Damn! I wish I saw this earlier! I just did what you said (disable Bluetooth Services in BT setup) and I delete my bad pairing.

Thanks much!!! I appreciate it!
    09-25-09 03:18 PM
    This isn't working for me. One of my BT profiles that I had fixed and working fine decided to self corrupt (for lack of a better thought) and now I can't get rid of the stupid thing. This OS is really starting to pi$$ me off!

Edit: NVM, I figured it out. Didn't have bluetooth turned off the first time I tried! Thanks for this!
    Last edited by ChuckH0308; 09-27-09 at 04:24 PM. Reason: edit
    09-27-09 04:20 PM
    This isn't working for me. One of my BT profiles that I had fixed and working fine decided to self corrupt (for lack of a better thought) and now I can't get rid of the stupid thing. This OS is really starting to pi$$ me off!

Edit: NVM, I figured it out. Didn't have bluetooth turned off the first time I tried! Thanks for this!

For starters, I'm going to have to mention I didnt try this whole downgrading/upgrading method....
    but I also dont have the issue of not being able to delete BT profiles....
    I did with the original .230 'leak' but not the installer Lyricidal made or the one BBCrackman made......
    Right now I'm running the FULL .230 that leaked the other day...

Anyways...this is all for my car BT-enabled deck..I can pair my phone for calls, transfer the phone book fine, however BT Stereo Audio doesn't work...
    on Monday I deleted the profile, on both the deck and the phone, and tried to re-add, it worked fine and I got the green checkmark (for 5 seconds) for "stereo audio" when the phone was pairing...
    However, subsequently, I cant get the audio to work.....the pairing works for calls (tested already too), but the audio fails to connect for that service....and I do not see Stereo Audio in the list of services when I go into my bluetooth options......

Any thoughts?
    09-30-09 02:11 PM
    For starters, I'm going to have to mention I didnt try this whole downgrading/upgrading method....
    but I also dont have the issue of not being able to delete BT profiles....
    I did with the original .230 'leak' but not the installer Lyricidal made or the one BBCrackman made......
    Right now I'm running the FULL .230 that leaked the other day...

Anyways...this is all for my car BT-enabled deck..I can pair my phone for calls, transfer the phone book fine, however BT Stereo Audio doesn't work...
    on Monday I deleted the profile, on both the deck and the phone, and tried to re-add, it worked fine and I got the green checkmark (for 5 seconds) for "stereo audio" when the phone was pairing...
    However, subsequently, I cant get the audio to work.....the pairing works for calls (tested already too), but the audio fails to connect for that service....and I do not see Stereo Audio in the list of services when I go into my bluetooth options......

Any thoughts?
    Bluetooth services are really FUBAR in this build. I'm finding now that my stereo BT headphones and my mono BT seem to be working fine consistently, but the connection with my Pioneer head unit in the car keeps getting corrupted. It worked fine for a few days and then did what you describe except it would work long enough to get through one or two songs. Then I found that I couldn't access the options or delete the profile again without using the method mentioned in this thread where you turn off all the services and delete. Then I re-paird the head unit and it was fine again for a day or so and then stopped working. So I deleted it again and re-paired it, it worked for a day or so and then went bad. I have no idea what the deal is, but I hope the next build doesn't have these issues...I'm getting tired of deleting and re-pairing the stereo...lol!
    09-30-09 06:49 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD