Ok, Ill start by saying Seidio is completely accurate in saying the 2600mAh battery lasts up to 90% longer then the stock, OEM battery. I did some testing with too many variables and found this to be true. And I also tested it 4 days straight without variables, giving me nearly the same result. The testing went as follows.

Days 1 and 2:

Started the stock 1400 mAh battery at 100%. I ran IHeartRadio on RealRadio 104.1 out of Orlando, at full volume, on a specific talk radio show that lasts 5 hours. No other apps running, no use of browser, no texting, nothing. Just running IHeartRadio. Phone died at approximately 4 hours, almost on the nose. On day 2, did the same thing, batter made it to about 4 hours and 10 minutes, then shut off. This is a 25% per our rate of depletion for the OEM battery, with this testing.

Days 3 and 4:

Started the Seidio 2600 mAh battery at 100%. Ran IHeartRadio on the exact same station, max volume, with no other apps running, and receiving no texts. (This show is on from 6 am to 11 pm, no one really texts me at these times). The phone was able to make it through the full 5 hour talk radio show. Day one I was left with 65% battery life, day to 60%. Well just call it 60% average to make the math easy on me. Running for the 5 hour show, losing 40%, means a depletion of 12% battery life per hour.

Result:

During my testing, the OEM 1400 mAh battery lost 25% battery life per hour
    During my testing, the Seidio 2600 mAh battery lost 12% battery life per hour.

This proves, under these conditions anyway, that the Seidio battery, which is 90% larger, claims to add 90% more life, does indeed have about double the life. The added size and weight due to the door and battery, feels absolutely fantastic in hand, and actually makes typing and browsing, considerably more comfortable in my opinion.

I give the Seidio 2600 mAh battery, 5 out of 5 Berries.
    Last edited by mhock86; 09-25-09 at 10:19 PM.
    09-10-09 04:14 PM
    I ordered mine today, we shall see how it does with 5.0
    09-10-09 05:28 PM
    Your running 5.0 leak now? If so you already have better battery life dont you? I imagine the combo of 5.0 OS and the 2600mAh battery will give amazing battery life.
    09-10-09 05:42 PM
    Awesome...Thanks mhock! I'm looking forward to it.
    09-10-09 05:50 PM
    Ill try and do my best job reviewing it, as professional as I can, and comparing it to the original battery. Ill post pictures as soon as it arrives, and a mini review after day one. Ill do a FULL review once Ive had it for a week, and if it arrives when fedex says (9/15), that means I should be able to get a nice review up for you guys with a week of experience buy the 22nd.

And this is just a random side note, but Im so stoked for whenever the Essex comes out. Im still not sure if Im going to drop the large non contract renewal amount of money for it, or if Ill just buy the trackpad/keyboard and put it in my Tour.
    09-10-09 05:55 PM
    i look forward to your pics and review...

lets hope that battery door is not loose lol
    09-10-09 07:33 PM
    Lol don't even get me started! I know it won't be though. I'm told by experienced blackberry users that Seidio makes nothing but top quality products.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-09 12:07 AM
    I'm looking forward to this review. More power is always better.

09-11-09 01:06 AM
    I have one for my curve and the battery door is not perfect but gets the job done.
    I have had mine on my curve for months now and let's just say I'm a superuser with bbm,twitter and randomly and constantly checking the web and after 3days I finally plugged it in, lol

I am sure you guys will love the battery
    Can't wait to read the review

09-11-09 01:20 AM
    I already have the extended battery from the Storm. I'm pretty sure it's the same one. My question is, do u think we can purchase the door separately? I'm using the Seidio extended slim battery rite now in the Tour and it be much better then stock but I would like more power. I can't see purchasing another battery with a different door when I just need the door.
    09-11-09 01:27 AM
    I would imagine you could. Just shoot seidio an email or a call. They have to have spares incase someone breaks their back and saves the battery.
    They just prob don't list it on the site

09-11-09 02:31 AM
    i just wish Seidio would hurry up and push there cases out for this extended battery.

sucks having there battery and cover with you cant even put any kind of case o nthe phone anymore...

I was told by them it might take another 2 or 3 weeks to get a case out

P.S...I know you cant overcharge a the Blackberry battery we have in our phones now, but what about Seidios? do we have to worry about over charging them?
    09-11-09 07:26 AM
    Nope the phone and batterys both have an overload protection feature if I remember correctly.

09-11-09 07:37 AM
    Just checked out the FexEx tracking on my battery, it will definitely be here at some point tomorrow.
    09-14-09 02:59 PM
    Just checked out the FexEx tracking on my battery, it will definitely be here at some point tomorrow.
    nice! make sure to snap some pics.. I know what the website pics are, but I'd like to see real pictures with it on
    09-14-09 04:42 PM
    nice! make sure to snap some pics.. I know what the website pics are, but I'd like to see real pictures with it on
    That will be the first thing I do! I dont have a digitial camera, so Ill have to wait until about 6:30 pm (East coast time) for my dad to get home so I can use his phone to take some pictures!
    09-14-09 04:45 PM
    i so love the seidio extended batteries, but if its not going to allow the phone to fit in the pod that might be a deal breaker... ive already invested in two pods and i have the 1600 seidio extended battery so i may just pass and just get the extended battery for the Touch PRO2 when they make one....
    09-14-09 06:19 PM
    You can use the OEM charging pod with the Seidio Extended battery with door.
    09-14-09 07:09 PM
    Ok guys, I got it today. Im on a weird scedule so I sleep all day and am up all night. I caqnt get pictures up at the moment, but I will tomorrow. But what I can tell you is, the added weight feels really good (Ive always liked heavier feeling electronic devices that are still small). Also, it fits in the hand very well, and woohoo, dooor fits very snug, no jiggle.

So anyways, pix tomorrow, official review will be up in a week or so, so I can get some use out of it.
    09-15-09 08:33 PM
    I posted a few images of my 2600 battery installed and also mounted with the Seidio Spring Lock Holster on my thread this afternoon.

If you're interested, the images are here (on page 5).

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/se...st-pls-310913/

09-15-09 09:00 PM
    I posted a few images of my 2600 battery installed and also mounted with the Seidio Spring Lock Holster on my thread this afternoon.

If you're interested, the images are here (on page 5).

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/se...st-pls-310913/

Ahh cool, it looks good. Hey, doesnt this thing just feel better in hand with the extended battery too? I love the added weight and slight add to size.
    09-15-09 09:34 PM
    Looks very nice. Gonna contact Seidio and see if they will just sell the door since I already have the 2600 battery from the Storm.
    09-15-09 11:26 PM
    Ahh cool, it looks good. Hey, doesnt this thing just feel better in hand with the extended battery too? I love the added weight and slight add to size.
    Yes, operation feel is much improved with the added weight and updated back profile. The stock Tour felt too clumsy for me, in it's thin and light form factor.
    09-15-09 11:31 PM
    Yes, operation feel is much improved with the added weight and updated back profile. The stock Tour felt too clumsy for me, in it's thin and light form factor.
    Yeah I even have small hands, but I feel better typing even with the added bulk. ****, I would have bought just the door if I didnt want the extended battery itself. So that Seidio spring lock works good with the extended door even I see? May I ask you how much you paid? Im still using the stock pleather holster that came with the Tour, it actually works well but Im afraid putting it in and out will press my trackball and mess it up. And seeing as how Im on an OG Tour and have zero trackball problems, I dont want to risk anything.
    09-15-09 11:34 PM
    Looks very nice. Gonna contact Seidio and see if they will just sell the door since I already have the 2600 battery from the Storm.
    Let us know if they do it for you. Because I bet there are people out there who would want even just the door, because it really makes holding the Tour more comfortable imho.
    09-15-09 11:37 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD