Hey -

I have changed out my bold bezel to the blacked out one, and lately I been thinking maybe the OEM one looks better. What are your guys opinions on the black bezel vs the original one
    09-10-09 03:21 PM
    i actually like the black bezel just slightly more than the oem one.
    09-10-09 03:29 PM
    I'm in the same pickle that you are; can't decide which looks best to me. I can't decide if I want to black out the entire device or keep the OEM bezel and get a black trackball and unbranded bottom plate.

Where did you get your parts from...CNN, Ebay?? You like the quality??
    09-10-09 03:32 PM
    The black one looks nice, but I actually like the OEM one better.
    09-10-09 03:34 PM
    I'm afraid to change out the bezel. I've read a lot of ppl complaining about the poor quality.
    09-10-09 03:38 PM
    I installed a new black bezel and black trackball a few days ago. So far I really like it, but there are a few minor disadvantages. The battery door isn't quite as secure and my phone won't charge in the standup charger pod. I like the black though for sure.

I bought my parts from dealsishop.com. I bought my first frame from cnn.cn and they didn't come with buttons and didn't really match-up with the oem silver buttons. Wasted my money there.
    Last edited by pepsijunky; 09-10-09 at 04:00 PM. Reason: add on
    09-10-09 03:48 PM
    I got my black bezel, red number keypad and black trackball from CNN. I also, kept all the side buttons chrome to match the chrome bar on the keypad. As far as the backpack, yes mine was loose too but i just added some black electric tape and its nice and snug now

pepsijunky - i think your phone doesnt charge in the pod now cus from what i can see, your charging pods are painted too

***ALSO*** that was my first keypad i got, for some reason I had a "3R" where there should be a "4S" Key

Last edited by imemikey; 09-10-09 at 03:57 PM.
    09-10-09 03:54 PM
    I really like the Black Bezel!! With black buttons and trackball and if your lucky enough to have a phone service other than ATT you have the red buttons which looks sick!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-09 04:57 PM
    LOL!!! I just changed it back to the original bezel but kept the black trackball and red number keyboard ..................

I want it black again.........
    09-10-09 05:01 PM
    has anyone got their keyboards from cnn? i want to order the one with red numbers and an unbranded bottom. how is the quality?
    09-10-09 06:35 PM
    has anyone got their keyboards from cnn? i want to order the one with red numbers and an unbranded bottom. how is the quality?

I ordered the red numbered keyboard at the same time I ordered the black bezel, black side keys, unbranded black bottom plate; black rear cover latch and black G1 trackball. Everything went together very easily; fit is OEM; and it is sold black. Everything came from CNN: I've been buying from them for about the last 4 or five years and have never had a problem.
    09-10-09 06:57 PM
    I ordered the red numbered keyboard at the same time I ordered the black bezel, black side keys, unbranded black bottom plate; black rear cover latch and black G1 trackball. Everything went together very easily; fit is OEM; and it is sold black. Everything came from CNN: I've been buying from them for about the last 4 or five years and have never had a problem.
    ok thanks ima order the keyboard then and unbranded bottom with a full housing for my fiance's curve. i have a wobbly enter key so i want to swap it out.
    09-10-09 07:08 PM
    Ive always meant to black mine out but I have one question that Ive never seen answered.

What happens if the bezel gets scratched? Its it black under minimizing the visibility of the scratch, or is it a different color (like painted over silver).

Also how hard is installing the battery latch? Ive seen some that came with the black buttons and battery latch, but if its not hard to to i can myself. Ive never seen a tutorial of that part of the install.

Finally, does anyone know a place (rather have a US seller not do cnn.cn for shipping speed/ease) that has current stock of the matte black bezel with the black buttons and mesh? Dealsishop is out of stock, and id rather not use ebay, never know the quality or if theyre knock offs.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 09-11-09 at 12:44 AM.
    09-11-09 12:12 AM
    I do like the black bezel, but I'm too lazy to change it back now, I can sell mine if you want it, has no scatches

09-11-09 12:25 AM
    quick question..... Does anyone make a black chrome bezel?

09-11-09 12:30 AM
    I'm thinking about making my own colored bezel
    09-11-09 12:55 AM
    black bezel is hot but you'll miss the OEM one ...

but its better to use the black bezel and keep the OEM clean
    09-11-09 02:56 AM
    I just changed to the Black Bezel today because the oem one was a little scuffed up. Had to change the charge contacts to silver because the black ones wouldnt charge in the dock, but all is well now. Definitely looks better black.
    09-11-09 03:14 AM
    black bezel is hot but you'll miss the OEM one ...

but its better to use the black bezel and keep the OEM clean
    Well the thing is I got a used Bold (went from a new Bold, sold it a few months ago, got a 3GS, and back to a Bold) so the OEM bezel is the one part thats decently scuffed on the corners and Im a little OCD with any scuffs on my phones. Of course I got it cheap so I cant complain to fix it for $15 so...

Figure I can put the scuffed one back on if I ever need to swap it. Just concerned about the durability of the black finish is all. i know the OEM one is pretty durable to everyday small bumps and rubbing against things.
    09-11-09 03:19 AM
    I installed a new black bezel and black trackball a few days ago. So far I really like it, but there are a few minor disadvantages. The battery door isn't quite as secure and my phone won't charge in the standup charger pod. I like the black though for sure.

I bought my parts from dealsishop.com. I bought my first frame from cnn.cn and they didn't come with buttons and didn't really match-up with the oem silver buttons. Wasted my money there.
    The reason why it wont charge in the stand up charging pod is because the 2 silver buttons on the bottom left and the bottom right are for charging while on the pod if removed or replaced with black ones it will not charge on the pod anymore.
    09-11-09 03:37 AM

Yeah, like said above if you just swap the OEM charging contacts that are with the Original Bezel you will get charging through the pod back. Its an easy mod. Just remove the tape holding them in and pop them out from the outside in. I just pushed the black ones out that came with my black bezel and threw them away as they don't do anything. I put the silver OEM ones back in and it charges through the pod again. Plus I like the little hint of silver at the bottom of phone on both sides.
    09-11-09 07:27 AM
    nice Black Bezel
    its Looking Good
    09-11-09 07:28 AM
    I like the original bezel too over the black one.
    09-11-09 11:26 AM
    The black bezel looks sweet.
    09-11-09 11:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD