I got sick of having a loose battery door and having the screen edges ripple, so I called VZW today (went in store before, but they said those were normal and there was nothing they could do). They're sending me a new Tour, which should be here on Monday! Also, the person that helped me said they got a memo from August 19 about a new batch of Tours to fix the problems of the first batch, so to anyone with any problems, I'd swap it out!
    09-10-09 02:16 PM
    I went to the store about a week ago, and gave me a brand new one in exchange for my old one. The main problems I was having are the ones documented in this forum in such details - bluetooth and lose battery door.

The battery door problem is 100% gone with the new unit, but there are new issues that I didn't have with the original. There is an unpleasant action to the menu and escape keys, and I sometimes here a loud "click" noise when I press the buttons.
    09-10-09 02:28 PM
    yeah dont ever go into a store thinking there going to swap out your phone. they never do and always say the problems are normal.

always call *611 and they always fed-ex your phone in 2 days
    09-10-09 02:49 PM
    I got sick of having a loose battery door and having the screen edges ripple, so I called VZW today (went in store before, but they said those were normal and there was nothing they could do). They're sending me a new Tour, which should be here on Monday! Also, the person that helped me said they got a memo from August 19 about a new batch of Tours to fix the problems of the first batch, so to anyone with any problems, I'd swap it out!
    How do you send back the old phone? Do they give you a return shipping label with the new one?
    09-10-09 02:50 PM
    Yes they will send you a fedex label, inside the box, the new Tour will come in.
    09-10-09 03:02 PM
    yeah dont ever go into a store thinking there going to swap out your phone. they never do and always say the problems are normal.

always call *611 and they always fed-ex your phone in 2 days
    I have always had the complete opposite.
    09-10-09 03:36 PM
    I got mine change in the store last night. I never had major problems. My gf got her first tour yesterday after having a curve. And her tb felt different so I asked about it, they gave me a new one. Now my new one will not plau a sound when the phone rings, but it will if I get a text or bbm or what ever. So I will be going back after work tonight.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-09 04:08 PM
    me too. swapped my phone for a 'green dot' tour and now all is good!!!!
    09-10-09 04:10 PM
    Not another thread...

09-10-09 04:25 PM
    I just did this yesterday with my pearl...fed ex box and all, but I had to keep my old battery and door...just a heads up, maybe since it is a known issue with the tour policy is different....wish I had one...

09-10-09 04:32 PM
    this is getting to be a bit ridiculous...guys there are 1,000 threads on this topic...
    09-10-09 05:19 PM
    How long have ya'll had your Tours? i have had mine since the day they came out and am passed the 30 day mark and don't know if i should keep it or not. I have a loose battery door, minor muffle, blue tooth i have not tried yet, and possible track ball issues. I want to keep it since it was new and am afraid of getting a refurbished one.
    09-10-09 09:45 PM
    Question: What does the DTM not backup?

When the replacement arrives, I assume I'll have to reinstall apps, themes, etc. Correct?

Anyone have an inventory of what is (and what is not) backed up by the DTM switch utility?
    09-10-09 10:03 PM
    My first tour had the creaky battery door and the trackball couldnt go left to right for anything. Up and down worked perfectly though.

My 2nd one is perfect though. COuldnt be happier!
    09-10-09 10:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD