I saw this on the main page and for some crazy reason I thought I saw a Sprint emblem in the top right corner. Can this be? Looks like a cool phone, if this had came out instead of the Pre, I might have got this (keys to small for my big hands), but so far I am happy with my Tour

09-09-09 10:02 PM
    Yes this is a Sprint Device. It's the smaller newer Pre. But it's far from a bb Killer.
    09-09-09 10:04 PM
    Really far from a BB killer. You'd think that someone would have copied the BB keyboard by now. No WIFI!!!! That would have been a small advantage for the CDMA carriers. Oh and wait, only available at Sprint for now. D'oh!!!!
    09-09-09 10:42 PM
    This is by far NOT a blackberry killer. Other than the WebOs, there's nothing that makes me want to run out and trade in my curve for it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-09 11:28 PM
    yea this will b an upgrade for us that still have have the treo 755p or centro. but i would rather upgrade my curve to a tour then this phone. looks hot though
    09-11-09 05:23 PM

I saw this on the main page and for some crazy reason I thought I saw a Sprint emblem in the top right corner. Can this be? Looks like a cool phone, if this had came out instead of the Pre, I might have got this (keys to small for my big hands), but so far I am happy with my Tour

why would u honestly post this... pre is better then this ... this is a downgrade...
    09-11-09 05:55 PM
    I read about the Pixi in the NYTimes. They had a little article about it.

This device is actually marketed towards teens and texters. It's a downgrade from the Pre itself. It's supposed to be less expensive and should appeal to a younger demograhic.

Def not a Blackberry Killer.
    09-11-09 06:16 PM
    I read about the Pixi in the NYTimes. They had a little article about it.

This device is actually marketed towards teens and texters. It's a downgrade from the Pre itself. It's supposed to be less expensive and should appeal to a younger demograhic.

Def not a Blackberry Killer.
    yup..... agree 100%
    09-11-09 06:21 PM
    I don't know why Palm wasted their time making this phone. It'll barely sell.
    09-11-09 06:40 PM
    I don't know why Palm wasted their time making this phone. It'll barely sell.
    No kidding. And, they continue the horrid keyboard that we first saw with the Centro. What an awful design
    09-11-09 06:55 PM

Maybe killer is the wrong word to use here, but I will say that the Palm Web OS is stunning. I have gone to the Sprint store countless times to play with the Pre and am impressed every time. The browser is actually better and faster than the Iphone's. It actually stands toe to toe with the iphine in regards to multimedia. It delivers multo-tasking better than the BB and the OS is just plain attractive. The downside is that the hardware isn't good all. The keyboard on the Pre is almost laughable. The Pixi seems to have the same keyboard as the Cebtro - they are about the same size. Its just too small and too cheap looking right now to be a true contender, but if the hardware gets better, look out. The WebOS is probably the best OS that I have seen in a long time. If you took BBs hardware with a Web OS, you may have a perfect device.

09-11-09 07:28 PM
    The Palm OS is far & away better than the BlackBerry OS - and in the areas it isn't stronger, it will be soon. Palm is scalable, while BlackBerry is enslaved to the current legacy model.

This device is a lower-cost option. It is nice, but it definitely isn't anything to trade in a Pre for.

Regardless, it should be a good seller & a nice addition to the Sprint lineup.

09-11-09 08:24 PM
    The Palm OS is far & away better than the BlackBerry OS - and in the areas it isn't stronger, it will be soon. Palm is scalable, while BlackBerry is enslaved to the current legacy model.

This device is a lower-cost option. It is nice, but it definitely isn't anything to trade in a Pre for.

It should be a good seller for Sprint, regardless.

09-11-09 08:27 PM

It should be a good seller for Sprint, regardless.

just out of curiosity what phone do you use twins?
    09-11-09 08:59 PM
    Maybe killer is the wrong word to use here, but I will say that the Palm Web OS is stunning. I have gone to the Sprint store countless times to play with the Pre and am impressed every time. The browser is actually better and faster than the Iphone's. It actually stands toe to toe with the iphine in regards to multimedia. It delivers multo-tasking better than the BB and the OS is just plain attractive. The downside is that the hardware isn't good all. The keyboard on the Pre is almost laughable. The Pixi seems to have the same keyboard as the Cebtro - they are about the same size. Its just too small and too cheap looking right now to be a true contender, but if the hardware gets better, look out. The WebOS is probably the best OS that I have seen in a long time. If you took BBs hardware with a Web OS, you may have a perfect device.

Hmmm, maybe RIM should buy Palm and start using Web OS in some of their devices. Sounds like the best of both worlds, since RIM makes really good handsets, but the OS is definitely starting to show it's age.
    09-11-09 09:03 PM
    No way! This is very far from a BB killer lol....nice phone tho!
    09-11-09 09:14 PM
    So far, all of the newer Palm devices' keyboards have sucked like a Gigli/Glitter/Shanghai Surprise marathon without the benefit of serious hallucinogens.

This doesn't look like much of an improvement. Pass.

09-11-09 09:19 PM
    Is the Palm Pixi a Blackberry killer? No.
    Is it a Blackberry competitor? No.
    Is it a mild blackberry look-alike? Maybe.

Palm has poised WebOS to take on Apple, not Blackberry.

This is taken from an interview with Dan Hesse. Even he knows that Palm is biting off more than they can chew.

In response to Rose asking how Sprint uses the Palm Pre to take on Apple and RIM: "It was really kind of Palm's decision to take on Apple. And Palm has had [a] long standing relationship with Sprint." It's interesting to hear Hesse seemingly back away from a fight with Apple and chalk up the situation to happenstance -- RIM not as much, considering that Sprint carries a number of BlackBerrys in its lineup and will certainly continue to do so. Talking more about pitting the Pre against the iPhone, he goes on to say that Palm's handset is "doing well. But you've got to almost put the iPhone, to be fair, in a separate category. The Apple brand and that device has done so well. It's like comparing someone to Michael Jordan."
    Hesse dismisses the Palm/RIM competition. You may read it as him protecting another of "his brands" I read it as him dismissing that Palm and RIM are competing.
    Last edited by humphrind; 09-12-09 at 08:02 PM.
    09-12-09 08:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD