Sorry for another thread so soon, but I was listening to Slacker the other day when I recieved a phone call so I talked on the phone using my headphones. I later took them out, but now when I recieve calls it shows the "phone symbol" in the left corner and a pair of headphones over it, and I can only hear people on the phone if I am using headphones. I tried a battery pull and it's still like that. I'm sure there is a simple answer out there, I just haven't had any luck finding it. Thanks for all future advice.
    09-09-09 07:43 PM
    Hands free is on.
    09-09-09 07:46 PM
    Alright, but how do I turn it off?
    09-09-09 07:47 PM
    Sounds like you got my old phone. Although it might be a problem that a few phones have. The VZW store rep couldn't figure out how to fix it so I would suggest to you to return it for a "green dot" Tour. It took me 3 returns to get a green dot Tour and I couldn't be happier with the phone now.
    09-10-09 12:21 AM
    Alright, but how do I turn it off?
    Press the Blackberry Symbol/Menu button when in a call. The option will be on the list. It'll say "Activate Handset" if you're in speakerphone mode and "Activate Speakerphone" when you're in normal/Handset mode.
    09-10-09 12:46 AM
    Alright, well I pressed the blackberry button and that option didn't help so...

does this mean I'm S.O.L?
    09-10-09 08:29 PM
    TcTitan32

I was using Pandora today and had the same problem as you described. I used QuickPull Lite to reboot and everything returned to normal. I didn't know how to get out of it either, but then again, I'm new to Blackberries.
    09-10-09 08:36 PM
    Gah, I tried Quickpull lite and the problem still persists...I'm going into Verizon saturday to get a new tour while I'm still within the 30 Day period. It still urks me though not knowing why this won't change.
    09-10-09 08:59 PM
    I had the same problem with my Tour. It's an easy fix. The tour still thinks you're in headset mode (obviously). What you should do is make a call (to voice mail or something) and take your headset and put it in and out of the headset jack repeatedly until the headset symbol is gone. this will trigger the sensor to tell it that the headset has been taken out.

Hope this helps.
    09-10-09 09:19 PM
    This happened to mine and I tried a battery pull as well as the pulling the headset out several times. After calling it in, we hard wiped the phone and it was still an issue, meaning it was the jack. I ended up swapping it out and it sounds like you'll need to too. It wasn't unheard of.

Good luck!
    09-11-09 12:39 AM
    I had the same problem with my Tour. It's an easy fix. The tour still thinks you're in headset mode (obviously). What you should do is make a call (to voice mail or something) and take your headset and put it in and out of the headset jack repeatedly until the headset symbol is gone. this will trigger the sensor to tell it that the headset has been taken out.

Hope this helps.
    This is the easiest solution, although one insertion and removal should do it.
    09-11-09 12:49 AM
    I hope this isn't going to be an issue with the Tour....

my sister just had to exchange her Storm because of the same problem
    09-11-09 07:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD