I did a quick search, couldn't find anything on this. Can it/has it been done?
    09-09-09 06:42 PM
    No... Not possible. The Bold/Onyx 9700 will have the trackpad
    09-09-09 06:43 PM
    ^^ agreed.
    09-09-09 06:57 PM
    This seems like the type of thing that people say will never happen/is impossible, then 6 months down the line its the new rage. I wouldn't be surprised either way, but I especially wouldn't be surprised to see a retrofit kit on CNN before you know it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-09 08:19 PM
    This seems like the type of thing that people say will never happen/is impossible, then 6 months down the line its the new rage. I wouldn't be surprised either way, but I especially wouldn't be surprised to see a retrofit kit on CNN before you know it.

I'm almost 99% sure they had to redesign the entire chip setup for the 9700. Trackballs work with a magnetic system. I highly doubt the trackpad is designed the same way.
    09-09-09 08:47 PM
    problem is people are saying is the hardware might not be compatible. The older boards might not be able to fit the trackpad nor read a trackpad (connection to the board different). No one knows yet, but Id doubt it.
    09-09-09 09:05 PM
    I did a quick search, couldn't find anything on this. Can it/has it been done?
    you're not serious are you?
    09-09-09 09:18 PM

It's NOT gonna happen. It's not as simple as a "retrofit kit" as you say. There's way more to it, going to the very make up of a device to accommodate such a drastic modification. I repeat.........NEVER NEVER NEVER
    09-09-09 09:24 PM
    It's NOT gonna happen. It's not as simple as a "retrofit kit" as you say. There's way more to it, going to the very make up of a device to accommodate such a drastic modification. I repeat.........NEVER NEVER NEVER
    You may be right. We'll see.

09-10-09 03:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD