many people bash the storm..I wonder what the percentage is of human error.in simple words..how many people are clueless on how to use this device and blame the device because they do not know how to use it ...I bet its at least 25% or more.i am running .167 and my phone is almost perfect.i am happy
    09-09-09 05:01 PM
    far more than 25%
    09-09-09 05:09 PM
    Drop back to the OS .075 and Think about all the people who bought a phone and were unhappy Storm customers
    09-09-09 05:15 PM
    I think the storm has great potential but its still net here yet when compared to other mobile devices... I have used my unlocked storm on and off for 2 months and somedays I like it somedays I dont.
    09-09-09 05:18 PM
    I would guess over half of the issues are user error related.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-09 05:18 PM
    maybe my problem is human error but maybe some one can help. my storm will not unlock in time to answer a call when i press answer it pops up the little clock in the center of the screen any ideas?
    09-09-09 05:26 PM
    I think around 33% of users that are truly unhappy are user error. Either running an old os or just expected a flawless device.

09-09-09 05:32 PM
    i agree with howarmat...i really wanted to say more than 25% when i made the post.i doubt its 50%.
    09-09-09 06:18 PM
    48% easy. Some ppl are never happy
    09-09-09 06:43 PM
    Yes user error forsure. Most people simply dont have the patience to learn the device they have and instead get mad and complain. I love saying USER ERROR! lol
    09-09-09 06:48 PM
    Oh yeah, lots of user error. But this is true for almost all BB devices.
    09-09-09 06:54 PM
    i heard one guy complain the clicking was too loud..if my biggest problem is clicking too loud, i am in good shape \m/
    09-09-09 08:04 PM
    That's been my contention all along.... Quite honestly its not a good phone to just go buy without some attention. Keeping up with updates are crucial and make the storm a kick azz toy....

09-09-09 09:25 PM
    I'm gonna say prolly 60% or more, I work with computers, repairing, building ect. 99% of the time the stuff I end up fixing is because someone installed something without realizing the reprocussions or they got a little violent with their PC when it did not do what they felt it should ect ect ect. I have no doubt this same issue is present in storm users. There have been times when I wanted to throw it out the window. You figure that there is literally 10's of thousands of people using leaked OS's and prolly 25-30% of them slightly skim the installation instructions and then try to do it on their own. This is where half of our "tryed to install .1xx and got a...." Come from. It is even more of a pain because we have to deal with the iPHONE people rubbing it in, the sad thing about them is that they DO NOT HAVE THE OPTION to do all the upgrades, battery pulls and such with their phone, If they did I guarantee there would be forums full of people complaining just as much as there is here
    09-09-09 09:32 PM
    Definately 50% FTW!!!

Its funny when you say its user error and they get all bent out of shape and blame the device.

"Help, my storm is running really slow. I dont know what to do"

And lo and behold they installed some app or theme that has a memory leak and inturn blame the storm and not themselves for installing it. If you add something to the device that didnt come with it in the first place your running the chance and having problems. I just dont understand why its so hard for people to understand.
    09-09-09 11:11 PM
    yeah 60 % sounds right.

10% Never Happy
    20% Impatience
    30% Plain User Error

40% Technologically Advanced Humans
    09-09-09 11:17 PM
    The storm is KING! Any one who uses the terms laggy and buggy needs to have their head checked for lame-itis, the disease is advanced when they start putting these two terms in the same sentence's! Their isn't much hope for them except to just laugh, laugh at their idiocy, and remember, they were probably born with the condition and there is no cure!
    09-09-09 11:24 PM
    The storm is KING! Any one who uses the terms laggy and buggy needs to have their head checked for lame-itis, the disease is advanced when they start putting these two terms in the same sentence's! Their isn't much hope for them except to just laugh, laugh at their idiocy, and remember, they were probably born with the condition and there is no cure!
    Im suRe I Could come up with a little list with some of the users that like to use those words all over the place.
    09-09-09 11:47 PM
    Im suRe I Could come up with a little list with some of the users that like to use those words all over the place.
    I hate scorpions.....

09-09-09 11:54 PM
    Drop back to the OS .075 and Think about all the people who bought a phone and were unhappy Storm customers
    With .148 and screens that did not click in the corners at all Verizon was 24 hours away from having two Storms handed back to them and asked to trade for Tours. Laggy, lockups, impossible to type on, etc, etc. Instead of returning them I came here, found the torx fix and first the .151 OS then the .167. Now we're both quite happy with them. I'm beyond happy, I'm still giddy with all the things the Storm can do that my Treo 700 couldn't do, or didn't do well. Now if it would only handle contacts as well as the Treo.
    Last edited by 3rdpig; 09-10-09 at 12:12 AM.
    09-10-09 12:06 AM
    With .148 and a screens that did not click in the corners at all Verizon was 24 hours away from having two Storms handed back to them and asked to trade for Tours. Laggy, lockups, impossible to type on, etc, etc. Instead of returning them I came here, found the torx fix and first the .151 OS then the .167. Now we're both quite happy with them. I'm beyond happy, I'm still giddy with all the things the Storm can do that my Treo 700 couldn't do, or didn't do well. Now if it would only handle contacts as well as the Treo.

would you look at that. Another happy storm owner! WooHoo! And all it took was a little reading on this little ol website.
    09-10-09 12:08 AM
    With .148 and screens that did not click in the corners at all Verizon was 24 hours away from having two Storms handed back to them and asked to trade for Tours. Laggy, lockups, impossible to type on, etc, etc. Instead of returning them I came here, found the torx fix and first the .151 OS then the .167. Now we're both quite happy with them. I'm beyond happy, I'm still giddy with all the things the Storm can do that my Treo 700 couldn't do, or didn't do well. Now if it would only handle contacts as well as the Treo.
    +1 - If I wouldn't have found this website, I would've been a frustrated, first time BB user. I also was a Treo 755P user and used Palm products for over 10 years but wanted to see what the Storm could do. Didn't hurt that it was free either. Now I can't wait for Storm 2 to be released and grow my collection of BB's.
    09-10-09 12:19 AM
    +1 - If I wouldn't have found this website, I would've been a frustrated, first time BB user. I also was a Treo 755P user and used Palm products for over 10 years but wanted to see what the Storm could do. Didn't hurt that it was free either. Now I can't wait for Storm 2 to be released and grow my collection of BB's.
    woot woot! There goes another satisifed crackberrian!
    09-10-09 12:23 AM
    It is so typical .. person comes in store ..

"my storm is running slow .. freezing up. I hate this phone. It's a piece of *&^%. I heard BB has recalled them. I want a Tour."

You look at the phone. a zillion apps .. several themes.. memory is 0.0. You ask how often they pull their battery.

"huh? do what?"

I honestly think many people do not try to help themselves. They want to gripe about the phone. Thank goodness some come here and read and learn.

I love my storm!
    09-10-09 12:59 AM
    I loved this this phone when it was running .75. Now with .151 and yeah torx fix(did the torx fix two days ago because of concerns). I've tested .191, and it got better by 100%.
    Great device. I can't wait to see the storm 2 but won't upgrade till its available to and by then the storm three might be available.
    Good job RIM.

09-10-09 01:00 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD