mine seemed alright from the start and i am feeling like there are little issues here and there with the trackball. nothing as bad as any of the videos i have seen on youtube.

if you have a bad trackball was it bad right from the get go or did it progressively get worse?
    09-09-09 01:42 PM
    mine seemed alright from the start and i am feeling like there are little issues here and there with the trackball. nothing as bad as any of the videos i have seen on youtube.

if you have a bad trackball was it bad right from the get go or did it progressively get worse?
    Mine started out good and then went bad.
    09-09-09 01:51 PM
    My trackball was fine until yesterday. It is my original Tour that I got in late July.

Time to hit the Sprint store for a replacement...
    09-09-09 02:05 PM
    my first one started off good then went bad. The 2nd one is the same as well. I am thinking of exchanging this as well or just getting the trackball replaced. Apparently stores are fixing that with a new trackball replacement. According to Sprint, tours built after August 2nd are good and will no longer have any issues.
    09-09-09 02:08 PM
    Mine started out good and then went bad.
    Yep same hear..... Mine was Awesome at 1st now it sucks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-09 02:11 PM
    Mine only acts up every now and then. I have got my tour the second day they came out.

09-09-09 02:13 PM
    mine was **** right from the start. got a replacement, now it works amazingly
    09-09-09 02:16 PM
    Mine is pretty good from the get-go, except when playing Word Mole. Track ball sucks when playing that game!
    09-09-09 02:57 PM
    thanks everyone...i read somewhere that someone thought the issue was a software issue so i was waiting til the new os is official but i just can't imagine it being that. i don't have any problems with it in the browser though. my trackball works fine but in emails or bbm if i try scroll back to edit something it is funny and in the Klondike solitaire game it acts really funny as well.
    09-09-09 02:57 PM
    Started good and went bad. They all do. Even store reps who claim to have ones that work well will fail on the scrolling test.
    09-09-09 03:00 PM
    my trackball from the beginning had minor hiccups going from side to side. I noticed it on the 2nd day i had it, i assume i was too excited the first day. Its been perfect ever since i move the 5...191 OS. Seems that the ones that start fine and then go bad arent software related, but mine started bad and has certainly been fixed by new software.
    09-09-09 03:01 PM
    mine is getting to that point honestly. when i scroll to the right, it takes about 2 scrolls to move. when i try to skip thru a video, and i scroll to the right to skip, it takes a while t o scroll. i scroll hard to see how far i can get, but it only went to .02 seconds. ridiculous. verizon told me that they stopped replacing tours bcus of the trackball issues, and was said like tskeltonpga said a software issue. bull**** -_-
    09-09-09 03:03 PM
    most of you just have dirty trackballs from dirty fingers. just do a quick search on cleaning your trackball. this fixes half the problem. the other half is software reated. go to bbhybrids to fix that.
    09-09-09 03:06 PM
    most of you just have dirty trackballs from dirty fingers. just do a quick search on cleaning your trackball. this fixes half the problem. the other half is software reated. go to bbhybrids to fix that.
    Both of mine started out fine at first, then crapped out on me. Don't you find it rather suspicious that most of the complaints are about horizontal usage and not vertical? I'm not sure about most other CB users but I find I scroll up and down more often, typically going through emails from top to bottom and that doesn't show any issues of wear/problems.
    09-09-09 03:10 PM
    Garbage post. Sounds like someone's been drinking RIM's Koolaid. ^^^
    09-09-09 03:18 PM
    Garbage post. Sounds like someone's been drinking RIM's Koolaid. ^^^
    Im not so sure about that. I dont have other tours to try it on, but my problems certainly were fixed with software.
    09-09-09 03:44 PM
    most of you just have dirty trackballs
    Hey! I resent you talking about my trackballs that way!

Anywhoo, been on the hybrid for a while, and got the trackball spiffy clean. So gonna try to see if any of those newfangled tours built after 08/02 work any better...
    Other than that it's void the warranty with the business card fix.

09-09-09 04:06 PM
    Mine is pretty good from the get-go, except when playing Word Mole. Track ball sucks when playing that game!
    if it doesn't work in the game you prob have a problem with it. That was what prompted me to do the thorough test on it. Mine was not smooth in wordmole or brickbreaker.
    09-09-09 04:08 PM
    I have had 2 tours.

Tour 1: trackball worked great for 2 weeks, then it did not want to scroll right it felt like the ball was slipping. Every other direction worked great.

tour2 current: Trackball worked great for 2 weeks, now its starting to not want to scroll left... feels like the ball is slipping i have to put pressure on the ball to get it to work. i cleaned it and it seemed good for an hour and now its back to not working properly.... I might exchange this unit if it gets worse but am reluctant since its a pain in the ***
    09-09-09 05:10 PM
    Mine seems to have gotten worse, but it was never that great.

Tour 1: Among other issues, bad trackball.

Tour 2: Trackball wasn't perfect out of the box (my dad has a Tour with a great trackball, so it was easy to compare), but it was better than my first tour. It has gotten progressively worse (I've had it a little over a month). And now it's becoming unbearable. Instead of enjoying my awesome Tour, I'm constantly frustrated.

And it's not dirt - I'm extremely clean. When I had my curve, my trackball was always bright white. Never cleaned it.
    09-09-09 05:17 PM
    On my first Tour the trackball started out fine then went bad. However since I've gotten my replacement I'm wondering if the original wasn't just bad to begin with because my replacement is amazing. Better than the original ever was.

09-09-09 05:17 PM
    My trackball started out fine, then turned to ****. I'm going to have to call Customer Service here in a few days to get a replacement.
    09-09-09 05:25 PM
    Not sure why anyone still persists in thinking that it's a software issue. Replacing the trackball with a curve or 8830 trackball fixes the problem forever. Swapping Tours fixes the problem only temporarily.
    09-09-09 05:38 PM
    Not sure why anyone still persists in thinking that it's a software issue. Replacing the trackball with a curve or 8830 trackball fixes the problem forever. Swapping Tours fixes the problem only temporarily.
    I too find it annoying that people still believe the trackball issues on the Tour is a software issue. WRONG. The trackball issues found on the Tour are indeed a hardware issue.
    09-09-09 05:40 PM
    Yup, afraid so. Im going to go home and try to clean with alcohol to do trick.
    09-09-09 05:43 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD