Just wondering if anyone took the plunge w/the 4.7.1.42, or is everyone waiting for (or moving to) the 5.0.

If you d/l .142, please let me know if you ran into any problems.

Thanks.
    09-09-09 09:26 AM
    I am running .42 I don't really see much of a difference. I have also used 5.0.0.191 I love it, but did not like losing face book or bbm 5.0

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-09 09:32 AM
    I am running the .42 build. I notice improvement with EVDO signal. No problems installing.

09-09-09 09:41 AM
    .42 only fixes some little bugs some people had.

5.0 is a very nice OS but not yet ready just because some apps dont work on it right now
    09-09-09 09:45 AM
    Running the .42 OS and it seems stable. Still trying to figure out what QUINCY app is used for (reporting troubles maybe ?) That and the BATTERY LOG. Interesting.

09-09-09 09:48 AM
    Where can I get the .42 leak please?
    09-09-09 09:56 AM
    Thanks for your responses. Question - It seems that, on the CB main page, you can d/l from CB website directly to your phone. Or does it have to be d/l via DM??
    09-09-09 09:58 AM
    I have been running .42 since yesterday; no issues.
    Memory improved a bit, BBM 5.0 and Facebook work fine.
    Quincy was automatically installed, it can be disabled.
    EVDO signal improved.
    09-09-09 10:17 AM
    If you have the Quincy app and the batt log, I think you may have not deleted the Rim reporting app (I think its called that) from your control panel/add remove programs.

I forgot, loaded 42 and noticed these running, I ended up downgrading to .40, then reinstalling up to .42 again.
    09-09-09 10:30 AM
    between 5.0 and .42, i'm sticking with .42 now until some of the apps i use a lot become compatible with 5.0
    09-09-09 10:32 AM
    i'm running a 5.0. It was pretty buggy, but i added irtehun's hybrid to it and now my tour is smokin fast.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/tour-hybrid-273397/
    09-09-09 10:35 AM
    Does anyone know when Facebook and BBM 5 is going to be working on .191? I am using .191 now and I really like it. Seems very stable and there are numerous improvements over .40. I dont want to revert to .42 but I sure do like having BBM 5 and Facebook. What version of BBM works on .191 and how the heck to I install it?
    09-09-09 10:37 AM
    Does anyone know when Facebook and BBM 5 is going to be working on .191? I am using .191 now and I really like it. Seems very stable and there are numerous improvements over .40. I dont want to revert to .42 but I sure do like having BBM 5 and Facebook. What version of BBM works on .191 and how the heck to I install it?
    the version of bbm that comes with it works....4.7 is the version...

and no, facebook does not work
    09-09-09 10:44 AM
    Thanks Don. How the heck do I get it installed? I have downloaded BBM 4.7 but I cant get it installed. Thanks.
    09-09-09 10:47 AM
    Thanks Don. How the heck do I get it installed? I have downloaded BBM 4.7 but I cant get it installed. Thanks.
    there is an ota link on bbhybrids. make sure you pick for os 4.7. there is "talk" that a .191 compatible release of bbm is on the way. i'll believe it when i can dl.
    09-09-09 10:56 AM
    I have heard the same thing driphter. I too will believe it when I see it.
    09-09-09 11:01 AM
    should have been loaded with the OS...
    09-09-09 11:06 AM
    I ran .42 on my Tour for all of two hours. i noticed that the video player crashed with every video i tried on it. (all of which are .mp4 which worked fine on the stock OS). I use the video player a lot while i'm at work to catch up on Warehouse 13 and family guy episodes. so i installed .191 on it and so far all is well.

First time owning a blackberry and i've only had it 5 days and i've already tried two different OS's for it lol

what is the big deal with BBM 5? i haven't tried it yet but so far have no issues with BBM 4.7

i was more excited to get threaded SMS with 5.0 then anything
    09-09-09 11:22 AM
    Ok I am confused. I found an OTA download labeled "BBM 5 for OS 5.0.0" I did the OTA download and received a confirmation message saying that it installed correctly but cant find it anywhere except in SetUp in the Apps list and it says it is unavailable? What the heck is going on? I couldnt find BBM 4.7 anywhere on bbhybrids.net
    09-09-09 11:27 AM
    4.7.1.42 is running rock solid on my device and brings many improvements (over .40) to the table. I really liked the look and feel of 5.0, but I needed something more functional. Whats the use of having a flashy OS if you can't use half your apps and your signal goes crazy all day?

Oh BTW...anyone running .42 who has the "Quincy" app installed on their device needs to wipe the device and re-install the OS the right away (reinstall OS to your computer, then remove "RIM Internal Apps" from Add/Remove Programs, wipe device and reinstall OS). That Quincy app is RIM malware and it sends a detailed report to RIM that you have installed an unsupported OS on your device (among other information).

I mean seriously....that can't be good.
    09-09-09 12:37 PM
    Many..... Is it possible to elaborate on the fixes you have noticed with .42 . I am waiting for the official release but would like to know what exaclty has improved.

09-09-09 01:03 PM
    4.7.1.42 is running rock solid on my device and brings many improvements (over .40) to the table. I really liked the look and feel of 5.0, but I needed something more functional. Whats the use of having a flashy OS if you can't use half your apps and your signal goes crazy all day?

Oh BTW...anyone running .42 who has the "Quincy" app installed on their device needs to wipe the device and re-install the OS the right away (reinstall OS to your computer, then remove "RIM Internal Apps" from Add/Remove Programs, wipe device and reinstall OS). That Quincy app is RIM malware and it sends a detailed report to RIM that you have installed an unsupported OS on your device (among other information).

I mean seriously....that can't be good.
    Do you actually need to wipe the handheld though? I installed it before removing RIM Internal Apps at first but then I uninstalled the RIM Internal Apps from Add/Remove then ran the loader and it removed Quincy and the Battery Log.
    09-09-09 01:09 PM
    Many..... Is it possible to elaborate on the fixes you have noticed with .42 . I am waiting for the official release but would like to know what exaclty has improved.
    Pros:

Improved signal strength/stablity
    Snappier UI
    Better trackball responsiveness
    No messaging lags
    Way better call/sound quality
    Improved battery life
    Slightly more memory (roughly 2MB)
    Re-boots way faster

Cons:

None so far...

Do you actually need to wipe the handheld though? I installed it before removing RIM Internal Apps at first but then I uninstalled the RIM Internal Apps from Add/Remove then ran the loader and it removed Quincy and the Battery Log.
    Yes...you should be wiping the device (using JL_Cmndr, BBSAK...etc.) when you upgrade/downgrade your OS....period. If you don't wipe, you're most likely going to have some characteristics from the last OS carry over to the upgrade (including bugs). You want to get rid of all reminants of the previous OS and start with a clean slate.

Most people who report bugs in a solid OS build, or who say "This build didn't fix anything on my device and I'm still having issues"" still have glitches from their previous software. A simple wipe will ensure that this doesnt happen.
    09-09-09 02:24 PM
    I will chime in on 142. Solid, not a single hiccup yet. Running just over 36 hrs with ZERO problems. Definitely quicker in app to app switching than .40 was. And to be honest I haven't seen the little "working" clock since I installed it. I couldn't load .191 on my Tour so i can't compare it to that OS but it works exactly as it should! Very well, very fast. Battery for sure seems to be lasting a bit longer as well. I haven't even considered a hybrid at this point because I'm not sure it will be of benefit.
    09-09-09 03:14 PM
    i wish i could let each of you try mine. running .191 with 50v3 irtehun hybrid. I have tried every available os and hybrid and I guarantee that .191 with 50v3 is rediculously quicker and more stable than any stock os or any of the leaks without a hybrid.

I'd sacrifice a few apps all day long just to have the raw speed and power my tour posesses now. So I don't have FB . . . no biggie for me. A hybrid takes something good and just makes it better. Just my experience anyways.
    09-11-09 02:36 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD