Hi!

When I connect my BB to my laptop it will charge but I don't see it plugged into the usb icon on the side. and when I load BB manager it says disconnected. How can I fix this?
    09-09-09 02:19 AM
    1). whith Desktop Manager running and your phone connected to the PC, click the word None: to the right of the words Device connected (PIN): and select USB from the drop down menu. Hopefully this will display USB: and your device's PIN number. If so, you are home and dry.

2). If 1). fails, you should reboot your phine (battery pull) and try again. Likewise re-boot yor PC and start over.

3). Uninstall Desktop Manager via control panel and remove all profiles. Reboot your PC and re-install Desktop Manager.

If these 3 steps do not cure your problem, then please come back here and we will see what else can be done.

You could also try installing Desktop Manager on another PC and seeing if your phone connects correctly. This will help isolate the problem.
    09-09-09 03:38 AM
    First, I'd do a battery pull... leave your device on, pull the battery for 20 seconds, put your battery back in and wait for your device to boot up... then try to connect your device again.

Next, if that does not work reboot your PC.... try it again... still nothing, try another USB port... the USB port might be bad... still nothing, then think about buying a new USB cable... they are fairly cheap.
    09-09-09 05:52 AM
    Also I know this is stupid but I have too ask... Is your phone password protectede... Because you have too unlock it then put your password in again so your pc can detect it,

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-09 06:40 AM
    Also I know this is stupid but I have too ask... Is your phone password protectede... Because you have too unlock it then put your password in again so your pc can detect it,

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    The device will still charge from the USB port even without entering your password.
    09-09-09 10:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD