i am using .282 and not vvm. i apparently received a voicemail not too long ago, but the notification wont go away. it says i dont have a voicemail when i call it and i tried a battery pull. any ideas?
    09-08-09 11:03 PM
    i know i cant be the only one that has had this problem
    09-09-09 01:13 PM
    I had the same problem!
    You can try two things.....
    First you can do a battery pull and see if it goes away or Second, call your phone from another line and leave yourself a message. Then access the message with your phone and delete it. Once you hang up, it should go away.
    09-09-09 01:51 PM
    try a battery pull
    09-10-09 10:39 AM
    Call customer support, and ask them to reset your MWI to zero, then to one, then to zero again.

Odds are, the rep won't know what you are trying to do, and you may need to go to technical support to have it done.

Basically, it's having the network tell your phone that you have zero new messages, then one, then zero again, just to clear everything, and make sure it still works properly.
    09-10-09 12:07 PM
    I had the same problem on Rogers, the customer service person called my phone, and left me a voicemail, and she said to press * after I listened to voicemail, and then it went away, but mine was like that for about a week
    09-10-09 12:51 PM
    the easiest solution other than a battery pull is to leave yourself a voicemail and re-delete it. that takes care of it 99.999821% of the time.
    09-10-09 08:45 PM
    Delete VVM from your OS. This was the solution I found and it worked great when I was on .237!! I had the same problem until I remove VVM, problem went away!
    09-10-09 09:46 PM
    i've always just done what was mentioned above.. leave yourself a new vmail, then go in and delete it. works every time.
    09-10-09 09:52 PM
    Delete VVM from your OS. This was the solution I found and it worked great when I was on .237!! I had the same problem until I remove VVM, problem went away!
    that was only because VVM wasnt provisioned at the time. now that it is, and you have it on your account, its unecessary to do that. the problem they were having was just a simple VM indicator hang up.
    09-11-09 12:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD