Switched to .167 from .148 last week and have noticed that Pandora rarely works. I have excellent signal but Pandora will only play about 30 seconds of a song then stop. Twenty minutes later it will come back with a different song. I am used to streaming for several hours at a time and haven't been able to go more than a couple songs since switching to .167. Anything I can do or should I just go back to .148?
    09-08-09 10:57 PM
    How many times did you do a battery pull after the upgrade? It took about 4 times for my Storm to finally be happy with .167. You can also try deleting the app and installing it again. There was an updated version released a month ago or so that you may not have.

Pandora has been working fine with .167 for me playing for multiple hours straight. The only time I ever had any issues with Pandora was .151 which was a bug with that OS.
    09-08-09 11:01 PM
    I have done a battery pull probably 10+ times. Its frozen on me several times. And I am running the latest version but I will try uninstalling it and re-installing it. Thanks.
    09-08-09 11:07 PM
    Pandora has been working well for me on .167. Only had a problem with it once so far, and I don't think it was Pandora's fault. My phone sometimes gets in this weird mode where it will recognize clicks but not taps, perhaps humidity related, and the one time it's done that to me since I loaded .167, Pandora just stopped.. Seemed to still be downloading data, just no audio out. Had to batt pull to recover from the more serious error, and everythings fine since.
    09-09-09 04:57 AM
    Uninstalled and reinstalled last night, did a battery pull and it worked fine for a few songs. Tried again this morning and played a song and a half. Haven't tried it again since, just been using the media player.
    09-09-09 11:20 AM
    Uninstalled and reinstalled last night, did a battery pull and it worked fine for a few songs. Tried again this morning and played a song and a half. Haven't tried it again since, just been using the media player.
    very weird. I have only heard good things about 167 and streaming audio. It might be a longshot, but I say wipe and re-install the OS and Pandora. I ran Pandora for like 4-5 hours straight yesterday on 167 with no issues.
    09-09-09 11:26 AM
    Thanks, I will probably give that a try this weekend when I have more time.
    09-09-09 11:29 AM
    Pandora doesn't work well for me either. I am however on .191, but it kinda seems like we have a similar problem.

For me, a song will play to just about the end then lock up once there is 27 seconds left 100% of the time since I've had the app. I can only skip the track to go to the next song which of course is not only inconvenient, but uses up all 6 skips and then I'm stuck for the rest of the hour.

Not sure if this is exclusive to my OS, similar to both of ours or across all OS's.

Does anyone know of any fix for this?
    Last edited by Shadax; 09-09-09 at 02:50 PM.
    09-09-09 02:48 PM
    it's been working fine for me for like hours. weird.
    09-09-09 02:49 PM
    I'm running slacker now. MUCH better application than pandora. It works, it's faster, cleaner, has a much better variety, I love the cached stations and the .191 flick scrolling compliments Slacker, but does not work in Pandora (small gripe, but hey I like it.)
    09-09-09 05:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD