Hello there...I have searched but haven't found many threads on the different calendars that people are using so I thought I would start a thread.

My question is what is the best Calendar App out there that gives a better visual experience that the calendar that comes on the BB Storm. I work 24 hour shifts at the fire department which I like to color code (because that is how our different shifts are on our calendars here at work) and I work crazy shifts at the hospital...so I am wondering if there is a better calendar that offers a more visual format to more easily identify what is what on the calendar monthly views?

Thanks in advance for the help...
    C. J.
    09-08-09 07:46 PM
    I hate to say this but a long while ago i posted something similar here and never got an answer... i have never found anything either... sorry man
    09-08-09 08:14 PM
    Well I started using PocketInformant (get here). When I was a Palm user (excuse the terms) I used a program called Agendus. It has appeared here recently but does not work well.

PocketInformant (PI) uses the information from the BB data bases. I will combine, calendar, Todo, and contacts. It has several views and you can set colors as well.
    there is a free trial period so you can evaluate the program
    Any other question contact me directly.
    09-08-09 08:37 PM
    Sorry brother. There just hasn't been anything like that as of yet. I used to have the Palm 700p before I jumped over to the Blackberry. The Palm had that feature. However, with your Blackberry Storm, If you have an email address you use for FD buisness and an email address you use for personal use , you can assign a different color to those email accounts. That way when you make calander entries you can choose the appropiate email address for that calander entry. For example, I use red for my FD email address. Blue for personal. Green for my other email account for my side job. When I view the calander in all views except the month view, My FD shift is highlighted red and so on.
    Last edited by fyrman49; 09-08-09 at 09:07 PM.
    09-08-09 08:48 PM
    I have been happy with pocketinformant. It is much better then the BB calendar.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-09 09:02 PM
    stock calendar + google sync + subscribing to other calendars online = all kinds of awesome...and it saves your stuff to your google account so you don't lose your contacts/calendar/etc if you crash your phone
    09-08-09 10:21 PM
    Could you please give some examples of online calendars that you can subscribe to? I am desparate to find a way to use my calendar on my BB that will tie contacts to calendar and give a history. PI and Agendus are just not there yet.
    09-24-09 09:29 AM
    My wife lives in Pocket Informant on her WinMo phone but I've read not so great things about the Blackberry version.

I recently read about a program called Nice Office for BB which seems to get pretty good reviews and seems to do a **** of a lot.
    09-24-09 10:02 AM
    Could you please give some examples of online calendars that you can subscribe to? I am desparate to find a way to use my calendar on my BB that will tie contacts to calendar and give a history. PI and Agendus are just not there yet.
    yahoo, gmail, etc...they all supply an online calendar, and you can use DM to sync that calendar to your device...some are more convoluted than others, but you can get it to work...i suggest gmail and the google sync app...register a gmail account, then you can subscribe to different calendars online, for example i get things like "phases of the moon" and "fisherman's almanac" (both for fishing) as well as pro and college sports schedules...and they auto-update online via the subscription, then google sync sends the updated info to my phone...
    09-24-09 01:46 PM
    I use my yahoo calender
    09-26-09 10:27 AM
    I use PocketInformant on my Storm. Not only can it be color coded but you can use icons as well. I really like it and there is a free trial to see if it works for you
    09-27-09 04:53 AM
    HI i just looked into google calandars and think it might be just what i wanted..however..when i sync it doesnt bring over any of the "specialty" calandar entries to my blackberry calander ..i.e sport calandar...moon phases? did i do something wrong?? miss a step?
    09-27-09 09:59 AM
    HI i just looked into google calandars and think it might be just what i wanted..however..when i sync it doesnt bring over any of the "specialty" calandar entries to my blackberry calander ..i.e sport calandar...moon phases? did i do something wrong?? miss a step?
    Same for me. Couldn't get the specialty calendars to import.
    09-27-09 04:19 PM
    I am trying pocketday trial, the calander and to do list works, but the new text message indicator does not, so it is a pain to exit the app look to see if you have text messages, then reply and then reopen the pocketday app. If this was fixed I would probably purchase the full version.
    09-27-09 04:22 PM
    try pocket informant...a little tweaking and it should be good
    09-27-09 07:43 PM
    Same for me. Couldn't get the specialty calendars to import.
    Go in to your Google Sync "Options" folder. You can choose which calendars to sync. That will solve your problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-09 12:52 AM
    The native IMO =)
    09-28-09 02:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD