After 6 weeks of accepting the problem trackball and setting the sensitivity level to 80 and then to 90, just to have it jump all over the place on different applications and websites...I took it back to Sprint today and without question or hastle they gave me a new phone. Perfect out of the box with default settings, and no Screen Ripple and for some very strange reason it feels lighter, but that could be my imagination. But if anyone is tired of playing with the default settings to make your trackball work...STOP, AND TAKE IT BACK!!!!
    09-08-09 07:04 PM
    Couldn't agree more. You should be able to set your sensitivity to 20 and still operate smoothly. Slow, but smoothly.
    09-08-09 07:35 PM
    Lol i got mine the first day and two weeks ago i started getting problems. Went into verizon store and they ordered me a green dot. Will be here in two days. I have no insurance on it and and got i all for free.
    09-08-09 08:10 PM
    Impossible with Bell Mobilty after 30 days.
    Infact Bell's new policy for a return on BB's is 15 days or 15 minutes of use. How dumb is that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-09 08:25 PM
    yes i'm having the trackball issue with my tour on sprint network. i think i have it for 5 weeks already. Do they give you the brand new set (brand new box) and you have to return the old box with accessories or is it phone only?

Thanks
    09-08-09 08:38 PM
    yeah theres no reason to hold onto a phone with a bad trackball. I mean the trackballs have been fixed already, so why would you want to hold onto a tour knowing the problems have been fixed on the newer ones
    09-08-09 08:41 PM
    Actually, the first thing I noticed after the trackball working was it did seem lighter.
    09-08-09 09:15 PM
    Can't wait to get my replacement tomorrow and see the difference.
    09-08-09 09:36 PM
    Mine has been skipping a bit lately, but it's a pain to get another phone and set it back up...I have a ton of paid and free apps too.
    09-08-09 09:58 PM
    If you get a new one, do you have to reset all of your settings and redownload all aps? I sync wirelessly -- no plugging into computer ever
    09-08-09 10:43 PM
    I juste exchanged my 7/30/09 built to a 8/11/09 build and boy what a difference, the build quality is soooo much better ;-)
    09-08-09 10:45 PM
    After 6 weeks of accepting the problem trackball and setting the sensitivity level to 80 and then to 90, just to have it jump all over the place on different applications and websites...I took it back to Sprint today and without question or hastle they gave me a new phone. Perfect out of the box with default settings, and no Screen Ripple and for some very strange reason it feels lighter, but that could be my imagination. But if anyone is tired of playing with the default settings to make your trackball work...STOP, AND TAKE IT BACK!!!!
    did you just walk into any store and explain you problems?
    09-08-09 10:49 PM
    According to Sprint, all the Tours that had issues had a manufacture date somewhere around Aug 12th and before. Can remember the exact date for sure but the 12th is ringing a bell to me. Seems the later ones are doing much better.
    09-08-09 10:54 PM
    my build date is 7-14-09. i guess i may swing by a store and see what they'll do for me.
    09-08-09 11:07 PM
    You get a 1 year warranty with the first one, and then a 90 day for the second/third/etc one, right?
    09-08-09 11:32 PM
    With Verizon, you get 1 year on all devices for mfg defect return. Just my experience. I'm getting my 3rd Tour Friday btw

09-08-09 11:41 PM
    You get a 1 year warranty with the first one, and then a 90 day for the second/third/etc one, right?
    You have a 1 year warranty from original purchase date. Even if you have to get a refurbed.
    09-08-09 11:45 PM
    You have a 1 year warranty from original purchase date. Even if you have to get a refurbed.
    How can you tell when your phone was manufactured if you cut off that part of the box for the rebate?? I'm wondering if my tour was manu before or after all these issues???? Is there a way I can check on the actual phone??

09-08-09 11:59 PM
    How can you tell when your phone was manufactured if you cut off that part of the box for the rebate?? I'm wondering if my tour was manu before or after all these issues???? Is there a way I can check on the actual phone??

You know I not sure. I only know how from the UPC. Not every Tour had issues. If your does, then exchange it. If it doesnt, you have a 1 year warranty to protect you.
    09-09-09 12:05 AM
    I juste exchanged my 7/30/09 built to a 8/11/09 build and boy what a difference, the build quality is soooo much better ;-)
    how do you check the built date?
    09-09-09 12:18 AM
    Same here I been having problems since late July when i got it.
    I didnt buy it in the store, but online. Do I need to bring the whole box w/ me when i take it to the store?
    09-09-09 02:44 AM

THANK YOU - I just snapped a photo of the larger label with all of the bar codes and manufacture place/date as well as the smaller bar code flap.

I see that they want the ENTIRE LARGER LABEL.
    09-09-09 09:59 AM
    Agreed, returned the first one I received the same day. The one I have now has been good, not great. The other night I was using my wife's Curve and I realized that I had gotten used to the less than stellar Tour track ball operation......it really sucks compared to her Curve. I called Verizon yesterday, explained what happened and they are sending a new one out ASAP. The rep was great, she acknowledged that many of the original Tours have faulty trackballs and that a fix was put in place. She said she went through the same issues with her first Tour and now has a new Tour and said that it works perfectly. She was very understanding and extremely helpful! I should have the replacement tomorrow!! ( I should have done this sooner).
    09-09-09 10:13 AM
    My original build date was 7/14/09 Mexico 5, I thought that I could live with changing the sensitivity because everything else was working good, especially no muffled sound...The phone to me is the most important part, the screen ripple was a bit bothersome, but not a deal breaker. But now that I have swaped it out I am a very happy BB Tour owner...Sprint was very aware of the problem handed me a new handset without the box and I just did a restore from my previous backup, I did have to download all of my 3rd party apps (I should have asked Sprint to do a transfer to my new phone) Now I just read that Sprint lowered the PRE by $50 and added a 2 year warranty, going to make sure that applies to my wifes phone that we purchased less then 30 days ago. "JUST DO IT"
    09-09-09 10:39 AM
    Can someone tell me how to check the build date?
    09-09-09 10:57 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD