Yes, I am a bit of a noob (I just purchased my tour yesterday) and originally was a palm girl so I am taking to the internet and trying to find as many tips and tricks that I can.

One thing I can't find to help me is how to sign off the Enhanced Gmail Plug-in. It is the only non-default app I am running and I want to close all non-default to preserve battery life and see if this app is why my battery gets hot. I continuously hit close app but when I check the switch application, it is still open. When I registered, I accidentally hit keep me signed in and would like to change that.

Thanks in advance!
    09-08-09 10:03 AM
    Yes, I am a bit of a noob (I just purchased my tour yesterday) and originally was a palm girl so I am taking to the internet and trying to find as many tips and tricks that I can.

One thing I can't find to help me is how to sign off the Enhanced Gmail Plug-in. It is the only non-default app I am running and I want to close all non-default to preserve battery life and see if this app is why my battery gets hot. I continuously hit close app but when I check the switch application, it is still open. When I registered, I accidentally hit keep me signed in and would like to change that.

Thanks in advance!
    Should I just delete the app and download it again?
    09-08-09 10:19 AM
    I don't think you can close it. I have tried several times to close mine without success.

The battery on my Curve doesn't get hot. I don't know if the Tour is different but I don't think the battery should get too hot.
    09-08-09 10:30 AM
    Even though it appears as an open / running app, I don't think it's taxing the battery. I've had mine installed for over a week now and I see no appreciable drain on the battery. The only time the icon is not present is after reboot; however, it reappears as soon as you get an e-mail.
    09-08-09 10:41 AM
    thanks for the quick responses!

Different app question: anyone know if the bank of america app is safe to use? i do online banking, but don't know if i trust mobile banking.
    09-08-09 11:02 AM
    I wouldn't! Your device can be intruded upon much easier than your PC. It isn't prudent to have your financial account information and personal information floating around in cyberspace, especially, on a mobile device.
    09-08-09 11:29 AM
    I would probably trust it. The BlackBerry is the Fort Knox of mobile devices.
    09-08-09 01:21 PM
    I found my way out gmail app: quick pull app!
    09-08-09 01:40 PM
    Can't closr my Enhanced Gmail plug-in on my BlackBerry Bold either. I guess it behaves like the Messages app where it stays open all the time. Oh well, as long as it doesn't affect battery life. But then again I like to close everything else except the default apps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-09 10:56 PM
    I wouldn't! Your device can be intruded upon much easier than your PC. It isn't prudent to have your financial account information and personal information floating around in cyberspace, especially, on a mobile device.

Very untrue! Encryption on data over mobile networks is heavily encrypted by default...let alone that all blackberry data goes through their own encryption as well...double the encryption vs. no DEFAULT encryption on a mac/pc
    09-25-09 02:04 AM
    Yeah, i agree with ryan. Mobile connections are more secure than using your home PC. Now, if your phone is stolen and you somehow have financial info on there, well that is a different story.
    09-25-09 08:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD