Hi folks,

Just upgraded from my old 8300. Got a brand new ATT 8900 and i am hoping there is a way to turn then green LED off when the phone is charging and turned off.

Thanks for the help
    09-07-09 10:27 PM
    Haven't seen an option to do it. Sry can't help much but will b awsome to turn it off

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-09 10:33 PM
    No-way to do it. Out of curiosity, why are you turning the phone off to charge it anyway? I don't think there is any reason you need to do that.
    09-07-09 10:33 PM
    No-way to do it. Out of curiosity, why are you turning the phone off to charge it anyway? I don't think there is any reason you need to do that.
    i don't like to be woken up by the late night calls or texts i get from people. If i am putting it on silent to avoid that i figure i might as well turn it off.
    09-07-09 10:34 PM
    i don't like to be woken up by the late night calls or texts i get from people. If i am putting it on silent to avoid that i figure i might as well turn it off.
    Yea, just set the damn profile to off and you are good to go. That green light is bright enough to keep you up even with the phone not making any sounds!

Also, I would recommend getting a charging cradle, they are great. Then you can have a bedside clock while you sleep.
    09-07-09 10:36 PM
    Just set it so that when you plug it in it goes into bedside mode, and have it turn the radio off when in bedside mode
    09-07-09 11:32 PM
    Just set it so that when you plug it in it goes into bedside mode, and have it turn the radio off when in bedside mode
    I used to do that, but when ever I plug the phone into my laptop of desktop, it goes into bedside mode

Now, I just set the profile to "off" before I go to bed.
    09-08-09 03:30 AM
    Nope, there's no such option... You either can get it turned off completely or it stays on. Nothing in between.
    09-08-09 08:57 AM
    Try BlackBerry 101: Lecture 15: 3 New-to-BlackBerry How Tos... there is a More on the LED Indicator
    09-08-09 09:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD