I am in the process of making the switch to the iphone and wae wondering if there is a site for iphones that compares in quality and content like crackberry for the blackberry.

I am liking the iphone so far and really am leaning toward the switch. I'd like to read some more info and get some insight from others as well.

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-09 09:09 PM
    Ha, I asked this question one time and felt REALLY dumb when someone gave me the link!!

http://www.theiphoneblog.com/

If you scroll to the bottom of the CrackBerry homepage, there are links for the sister sites.
    09-07-09 09:24 PM
    Well I sure appreciate the link. I ise the mobile version and have not seen the link

Thanks again

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-09 10:24 PM
    Be very careful. Research fully.
    Ask yourself why you want the iPhone and be honest with yourself. If you want apps, amazing screen and browser, then you won't go wrong.
    If it's your primary/only mobile, research battery life - I mean, *really* research. Understand what you will have to give up to gain what I would categorize as substandard battery life.

It is the most gorgeous phone out there, with the most amazing display and browser anywhere. However, mine went back one day shy of the 30 days - the battery sucks. And if I can't rely on it to be there when I need it, it's not worth having.

Research with a clear understanding of what you want and need.
    09-08-09 12:09 PM
    Ask yourself why you want the iPhone and be honest with yourself. If you want apps, amazing screen and browser, then you won't go wrong.
    If it's your primary/only mobile, research battery life - I mean, *really* research. Understand what you will have to give up to gain what I would categorize as substandard battery life.

It is the most gorgeous phone out there, with the most amazing display and browser anywhere. However, mine went back one day shy of the 30 days - the battery sucks. And if I can't rely on it to be there when I need it, it's not worth having.

I agree. The initial wow of the Iphone can make some jump without really looking at their needs. I have wrote down everything I use my BB for and have found the Iphone to be a better match for me. Nothing at all wrong with the Tour, as a matter of fact I really like it, but the Iphone just fits my needs more. It really is a give and take though. I will lose some of my service in the surrounding areas due to the lack of AT&T reach, but I seldom go there so I will just deal with it when it happens. I will also miss the ability to customize alerts. Even with jailbreak, there is nothing out there that allows me to do what the blackberrys can do.

As for battery...yeah...not the best, but I will deal with it. I am only on day 4 so it is possible I could still go back to my Tour, but at this point I am not seeing that happen. I will pay an ETF if VZ ever gets the Iphone though...assuming they don't cut out all the good things.
    09-08-09 01:36 PM
    for me, i have noticed that my battery improved a lot after about a week, i plug in my phone for the night (regardless if its bb or iphone). at the beginning by 6pm my phone would be dead, but now it last me all day without any problems.

wifi and gps kill it the most,
    09-08-09 09:00 PM

My battery life is much better than my storm on my new 3gs. Its also getting better as time goes on. I have no regrets leaving my bb. Although the iphone is missing a few items it more than makes up for them w/ everything else it can do.
    09-09-09 06:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD