quick post looking to gain info since i think im gonna switch to a tour when i come back.

compared to the storm how does the tour stack up with..

radio- any better than the crappy storm, with bad reception, and dropped calls?

reboot? like when i want to switch sims, the storm takes fooooreeevver

standby time?

typing? I used to have a 8703 and then went to a storm (which isnt that great) but liveable
    09-07-09 07:36 AM
    Much improved radio in my op. Still boots slower aftter swapping sims. All in all, much better phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-09 07:57 AM
    If u like touchscreen wait for the storm2. If u can't deal with the touchscreen anymore go to the tour

09-07-09 08:08 AM
    the Tour walks all over the storm in every way possable. I came from a storm and can't believe how much better the Tour is compared to the Tour! The Tour is a lot faster, has a much more vivid screen, double the memory the storm has and the quality of the Tour is a lot better then it is on the storm
    09-07-09 08:15 AM
    If you want a touch screen wait on the storm 2 other wise get the tour. But never had the problems you had with the storm. not the easist for typing put other than that!
    09-07-09 08:20 AM
    The Tour really is a better phone. I've been a Blackberry user for about 10 years, but I really love technology and like "the latest and greatest". I always get every new Blackberry. Last September I switched to VZW, and on launch day I got the Storm. Initially it was frustrating,but got better with os updates. My wife had my old Curve, and wanted the Tour because of the better camera and screen. Since VZW is having the BOGO sale, when I got her Tour last week I picked one up for me as well. I planned on simply selling the Tour to make a few hundred bucks, but decided it to use it for a day or two to decide which one I really wanted.

Let me just say it feels so good to be back on a device with an actual keyboard. That, and the phone is so much snappier. I don't think they Storm was improving much with the OS updates (Iwas running 4.7.0.151), I think I was just getting more used to it. The Tour is SO much faster, plus I am way more productive with the keyboard, it is way less steps to perform each task. I do miss the big screen, but that's it.

The Tour has way better battery life, and is just much more solid. I would reboot my Storm every day or two, but I haven't rebooted my Tour since I got it!!!

Like I said I miss the big screen, but I don't miss it enough to deal with how slow it is.

09-07-09 08:24 AM
    yea im kinda tired of the touchscreen, no way is it easy to edit or cut and past like on a QWERTY board, (maybe its my bigger fingers) my 8703 was a breeze.

nother thing is im kinda getting tired of the slowdown on the storm... after two days its a snail

and forget about the call reception, i dropped calls on it in the states in my home market... its a PITA over here in other countries as well
    09-07-09 05:04 PM
    Tour works way better in low service only bad thing is it takes forever to load but only done 2 bat pulls in 3 weeks way better than storm!

09-07-09 05:09 PM
    i couldnt wait to get rid of my storm i was sooooo disapointed with it but i did come from an iphone however after using the tour and the javelin i have yet to return to the iphone even after going to the palm pre i ditched it to get my tour and i love it
    09-07-09 05:38 PM
    well this all seems to be goood news! appreciate the info and the firsthand accounts, you cant really get a good idea from messing around with the store model
    09-07-09 05:55 PM
    Currently, I have the tour. I've owned 3 storms, all of which caused me headache after headache. The storm was the slowest blackberry I've ever used. Also, the touch screen got to be a nuisance towards the end of my ownership, having to constantly wait for the phone to catch up with my inputs. The cases for the storm constantly trapped dust, and I found that leaving my phone unprotected kept it cleaner. Now, with the tour, all the issues of a virtual keyboard are gone. I previously had the VZW curve 8330, and let me just say, the keyboard on my tour is 20x better than that of the curve. Response from the phone is quicker, I think that audio quality is better, and overall, the phone feels more refined than the storm. To top it all off, the tour comes with a good case, whereas my storm came with nada. Tour is the best VZW blackberry hands down.

09-07-09 05:59 PM
    Uh, reboot. I know some people claim a reboot time of 2 minutes or so for their Tours. Mine takes 8 minutes. Seriously. That is the only thing I truly dislike. I thought the 8330 took a long time to boot, but it is faster than the Tour. Good thing I don't have to reboot often. In fact, installing or deleting apps is the most common reason for me to reboot. My Tour is much more stable than my Curve ever was.
    09-07-09 06:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD