Hey guys, I just want to know if anyone on this forum has purchased this skin and if they could tell me if it is worth the $32.00. I looked on amazon, and they don't carry the blue one, and there they are 22.00. Can someone recommend a good skin? I saw a thread on here about the 8900's chrome chipping and I was wondering if this is a wide spread issue, or if it just effects some people? Thanks for reading, and have a great day!

Btw, the skin can be located here:

http://shop.crackberry.com/iskin-vibes-fx/4A54A5765.htm
    09-07-09 12:05 AM
    Here is the absolute best combo.

Get a best skins ever and a TMO black silicon case. Done.

Cheap, effective, perfect.

Less than 20 bux for both.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-09 12:45 AM
    Here is the absolute best combo.

Get a best skins ever and a TMO black silicon case. Done.

Cheap, effective, perfect.

Less than 20 bux for both.

Thanks Laz! Amazon has them for .83 cents.
    09-07-09 02:22 AM
    Lol. Well, the Amazon cases are not the actual tmo cases. The tmo case has the BEST form factor and thickness factor. The Blackberry RIM skin with the logo is THIN and clumsy. I've tried them all: Innocase, no names, RIM.

The best form factor, most protective case for the best price, is the TMO skin with all button coverage.

And no its not a lint magnet after 1 week.

I've used the same case and BSE since January and my 8900 is flawless.

To each his own.

Innocase --- tooo thin and too hard to remove, damages fones, this is well documented.

I rest my case.

Time for a hot bath.

09-07-09 07:22 AM
    I really like it cuz it doesn't pick up dust and stuff unlike capdase. Now I wish they would hurry and come out with the tour version

09-07-09 07:39 AM
    lazerus,

where are you buying the case? thx!
    09-07-09 09:01 AM
    i was going to buy that too. Thanks for the info.
    09-07-09 09:23 AM
    I have the Vibes FX and I love it. I purchased an Seidio Innocase II and holster which I really liked (but yes, my bezel did get scratched, but that's for a different thread), then I received a Vibes FX as a gift. FYI - the Vibes skin works perfectly with the Seidio holster.

It's a soft case compared to the Seidio, but it's not soft (or sticky to slide in and out of my pocket) like a typical skin. So it falls somewhere in the middle between the hard case and the skin. I also like that all the ports are covered - since I don't have to worry about dust/lint getting into places while I'm carrying it in my pocket. I was surprised to like the mirrored screen protector. It comes in handy to see who is coming up behind me! I have the blue color (wave) which is not as bright as it looks online (at least on my monitor), so it gives a nice pop of color but toned down enough that I don't feel like I need to hide it in major business meetings.

I will add that I put a BSE on all my BBs the minute I get them, and while I removed the back piece to get the Seidio case to fit, I do still have the BSE on the top front and that makes me feel better since that area is exposed with this case.

My BB was dropped on concrete with this on and neither case nor BB had a mark on it. IMHO, if you're going to shell out for one of the more expensive cases, this one is a very good choice!
    Last edited by gritsinct; 09-07-09 at 10:07 AM.
    09-07-09 09:58 AM
    Tmobile case is the best. Better than the OEM blackberry cases because it covers all parts of the body in a sleek form factor.

09-07-09 10:59 AM
    So I would have to definitely get them at the tmo store for the 8900 cases?
    09-07-09 11:01 AM
    The iSkin is by far my favourite skin yet. I have tried OEM, no-name, and innocase. The iSkin is the nicest and stays on the best. I ordered a no-name iSkin wannabe off ebay, it should be here this week so I can compare. But just from looking at the pics, the iSkin is still going to be nicer. It was pretty expensive though - so I don't know if it nicer and worth the extra $20 or so. I posted some pics of mine here.

I ordered right from iSkin, and saved 15% by signing up for their newsletter.
    Last edited by sotypical; 09-07-09 at 01:54 PM.
    09-07-09 01:51 PM
    I had the exact opposite experience with the T-Mo silicone skin. It got "rough" sooner then I expected and collected a ton of dust. I ended up getting the OEM Silicone skin and, although it's thinner than the T-Mo, it lasted longer and doesn't have the dust problem.
    09-07-09 01:57 PM
    Im using SwitchEasy Rebel case and so far.. i love the look of JAV in that case.... ^^

Here's a look of it...

09-07-09 08:42 PM
    i think that the iskin is the best looking case out there!!
    09-08-09 10:38 PM
    thats so funny oom panda. i was just about to mention the switcheasy rebel and complain that i had only seen them for iphones. good to know they make them for the 8900 as well!
    09-08-09 10:39 PM
    thats so funny oom panda. i was just about to mention the switcheasy rebel and complain that i had only seen them for iphones. good to know they make them for the 8900 as well!
    hello smijes... ^^ yeah.. i dont know either whether they make it other than iphone in US and Europe... coz I check all over the web and I didnt find one...

I brought in my home country, Indonesia tho... My friend here, kudvu002 also wants this case and he ask me whether I can sent that case to US... ^^

Im workin on that...
    09-08-09 11:44 PM
    Just got my iskin,it looks great and doesn't attract dust like cheap silicone ones. The side buttons are easily activated even with the skin BUT the top ones ie mute and standby aren't as responsive. Also it takes a little bit to get used to the feel of the side alphabets on the keypad as the skin brings it almost flush with the keypad, but that's just because I'm used to that tactility response. After a few smses and emails, you get used to it. So overall, I reckon its a good choice if you're looking for a silicone like skin and it supposedly uses an antimicrobial material which dicourages bacteria growth. Apparently.

09-09-09 04:57 AM
    exzibit3;3547344 thanks for that review! I guess I will have to stop being cheap and buy one lol!

09-09-09 07:34 AM
    you could get the exact same product but its not "ISkin" on ebay for about 5 dollars (comes with two and one screen protector) with free shipping!

I'm waiting for mine as I type! =)
    09-09-09 10:34 AM
    exzibit3;3547344 thanks for that review! I guess I will have to stop being cheap and buy one lol!

No problemo I'm sure if I could be stuffed to post a pic, they'll be a whole load of people ordering it in because it looks schmick!
    09-10-09 12:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD