Which app is the best weather application for the Tour? I am willing to pay for one. I have heard that BerryWeather is the best and while I do like it, I am not able to view satellite images with it. Which app is the best that has everything that BerryWeather has but also has the satellite pictures? thanks
    09-06-09 09:46 PM
    You can set your custom radar image to whatever you want in BerryWeather.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-09 10:08 PM
    There are none better than Berryweather in my opinion. I tried bbweather, accuweather, The weather channel, and a couple of the other big ones and I was not impressed with them. Too many screens to navigate just to even get to a map then it would take forever to render.

Not sure why you are hung up on satellite imagery, but the maps that Berryweather uses appear to be Doppler that loops and has terrain maps. It also offers you the option to use a custom map of your choice if you do not like the one that's in use. You might want to DL it and see if you can use a satellite image in place of the standard radar map. If it doesn't simply delete it off your Berry if you don't like it. You have a three day trial with it.
    09-06-09 10:18 PM
    My-Cast Weather you can get it from Handango. It is the best weather app hands down. Try the free trial. I have been using it for years on all my phones. It costs 9.95 for three months. Just my personal opinion.
    09-06-09 10:22 PM
    so you're paying almost $40 bucks a year for a weather app? That seems a bit steep to me but if it's what you like, I guess more power to you.
    09-06-09 10:55 PM
    I use WeatherEye, simple and effective, very basic. It's all I need.
    09-06-09 11:22 PM
    Yes I guess it's a bit expensive. But I love the interface and features. I am also a weather geek so to me it's well worth the money. I'm sure that it is over the top for most.
    09-07-09 06:03 AM
    A lot of users actually use berry weather. I suggest it as long as you have the $$$ you won't be disappointed. Great app!

09-07-09 08:37 AM
    I use berry weather and really like the application. My only concern with them right now is the fact their support is questionable. I have having an issue with the updating of advisories and have posted this on their forums and written them email about it.

Have you heard back from them? I have not.
    09-07-09 08:51 AM
    many hear say they like Berryweather. I tried it, dont really like it. I now have weatherbug elite which is a one time fee of 5 bucks and i love it, use it everyday for radar and the 10 day forcast.
    09-07-09 09:10 AM
    I like BerryWeather and yes it is the best. But I have the problem that it drains my battery way too fast and leaks memory pretty bad too. I'm guessing this is because it runs in the background constantly. I for one am thinking about getting weather bug elite just to try it out because the battery drain with beweather is killin me. But overall, I still do think it is the best weather app. Not everyone shares the same experience as me so I won't be biased in that regard.

Does anybody know with weather bug elite does the temp always show on the icon or do you have to scroll over it to see it?

09-07-09 09:47 AM
    Does anybody know with weather bug elite does the temp always show on the icon or do you have to scroll over it to see it?

it gets displayed like this.... top of the screen

09-07-09 11:26 AM
    I prefer berryweather... It cost 9.99... But it is well worth it... Great interface and it shows the tempature on the icon... Thats my opinion...
    09-07-09 11:48 AM
    BlackBerry Weather is my favorite - and it's free.
    09-07-09 12:32 PM
    I always used Weatherbug until a couple weeks ago when I got BBWeather--free, and I love it!
    09-07-09 01:08 PM
    Weatherbug Elite. Hands down
    09-07-09 01:15 PM
    I've always used Weather Bug. its simple and works great.
    09-07-09 01:37 PM
    I've always used BlackBerry Weather and now for least with their latest update you can add a GPS follow functions which is great if you travel. And as another poster mentioned earlier, best of all it's free. So a big round of thanks to the developer.

I can only vouch for the GPS follow function to work on the Verizon network, I dunno about the other carriers. Hella easy to set up.
    09-07-09 03:15 PM
    Using BerryWeather and it works flawlessly on my Tour...
    09-07-09 03:27 PM
    I use Weather Bug Elite and love it. It has real time alerts and shows the temp on the home screen. And for the price you can't beat it!!!!!!
    09-07-09 04:28 PM
    Weatherbug elite IMO
    09-07-09 06:03 PM
    Weatherbug is just fine for me
    09-07-09 06:26 PM
    BerryWeather FTW!
    09-08-09 12:01 AM
    I'm using weatherbug right now but I'm having trouble with the icon on the main screen refreshing to the current forecast. If I hit the BB button and go to the full menu that icon is correct. Any one have a similar problem with either weatherbug of other weather apps?
    09-09-09 03:52 PM
    Been using BerryWeather and I like it, not love it. Each app has it's own thing that makes it better than the other. But I just like the look and it's more user friendly imo. I have some people saying why should I pay for apps when many are free, but I like what I like so I spend the $10. Well, this was cheaper cuz of the 20% off deal going on.
    09-09-09 04:09 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD