So I jumped and bought the Tour early (had another year on my contract but Sprint does that new thing where you can renew early) and ditched my Curve 8330.

Long story short...my message tones sometime start playing when I get a message then get cut off, like its messed up or something, but most of the time plays fine. Its starting to really bug me and I dont know if this is something that can/will be fixed with a software update or isnt cause if it isnt I'm going back to my curve or getting a new one.

Second question, Google Maps not wanting to use the GPS properly? anyone??

Thanks for the help.

~VAC
    09-06-09 06:47 PM
    it cuts off if you are doing something on the phone if thats what you mean?
    09-06-09 06:54 PM
    Nope, it does it when I'm not even touching it, it'll like start playing the tone (one of the regular blackberry tones) and then like skip most of it and play a piece of the end, or just jumble it together.
    09-06-09 06:56 PM
    Same problem. Like lets say for SMS you have a triple beep tone. You get a text, and it will beep once or twice then cut off, and it soiunds odd when it cuts off too. I noticed it is worse with downloaded tones. But none the less, its a problem. I hope the new OS fixes this. It is annoying.

How often does it happen to you? Id say it happend maybe 10 times in the 10 days ive owned the Tour.
    09-06-09 07:01 PM
    Yea about the same, once a day at least, sometimes twice.

How did you set it to play a tone 3 times???? Or did you just mean the tone is a 3x beeping sound? lol (I miss my curve and being able to play it play 3 times)
    09-06-09 07:05 PM
    We cant be the only people having the problem can we??? Anyone else???
    09-06-09 09:31 PM
    Are the ringtones you're having problems with 3rd party or are they the stock tones that came with your berry? If they're 3rd party, make sure they're saved in your device's memory and not on the memory card. I was getting a lot of cut off ringtones or ringtones that wouldn't play at all until I moved the files. Once I moved them and did a battery pull, the problem went away.

I hope this helps for ya!
    09-06-09 09:43 PM
    Nope only one of mine are from 3rd party, and it does it with that one and the non-third party one, granted it is the same SMS tone from the curve, I dont think it carried over, the phone does come with that right???

I'm pretty sure it's the phone and I'm really debating going to sprint and getting a replacement but I do not want to deal with redownloading EVERYTHING and redoing everything (well not everything but just the little stuff), and if its still a problem Im going back to the curve where the only problem I had was it being SLOW!

I read up on the Google Maps thing, hope they fix that it's starting to get annoying.
    09-07-09 09:44 AM
    I have had the same problem, too. And it's not only with the built-in ringtones, but more often than not it is. I have one ringtone that is very simple, just four beeps. Sometimes it glitches out and loops it so it ends up being six or seven beeps. It is very strange.
    I'm hoping there are several minor things fixed in the first OS update, and hopefully that update comes soon. My major gripe is Google Maps not being able to use the GPS.
    09-07-09 11:34 AM
    Agreed, I'm debating replacing the phone with a new one but not sure if its worth it or if I'll have the same problem. I mean so far I only see 2 people saying they're experiencing these problems too which leads me to think it maybe only our phones...I'm not sure, I havnt even had the phone a week yet so I still have time to decide.

Hopefully google fixes their thing because I used to use it ALL the time, now I'm using BB maps which kinda sucks :-\
    09-07-09 01:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD