THEMES DON'T WORK ON 4.7 .167 or .173 or 5.0 .140 or .154!

Can we just stop the threads already?

You are going to have issues with your messages...not getting alerts...not being able to read them....not being able to clear the icons....not being able to delete multiple messages.

If you use these or any hybrids based on them...DON'T USE THEMES!

Also don't post about your problem....there are too many threads on this already....

Unless you find a fix. First one works too so any fix must work on more than one alert.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-09 05:37 PM
    The Zen theme is the best anyways. Trust me ive used many many themes and all they do is make the phone lag hardcore! Also some themes will make your memory leak.

ALSO the 4.7 .151 themes will not work except a few, but still its not worth it!
    Last edited by suby723; 09-06-09 at 05:43 PM.
    09-06-09 05:40 PM
    THEMES DON'T WORK ON 4.7 .167 or .173 or 5.0 .140 or .154!

Can we just stop the threads already?

You are going to have issues with your messages...not getting alerts...not being able to read them....not being able to clear the icons....not being able to delete multiple messages.

If you use these or any hybrids based on them...DON'T USE THEMES!

Also don't post about your problem....there are too many threads on this already....

Unless you find a fix. First one works too so any fix must work on more than one alert.

Thanks for posting this. I wanted to but was scared of getting flamed.
    09-06-09 05:44 PM
    What is sad is he posted this before...got moved to the theme forum though instead of in both places.
    09-06-09 06:04 PM
    this should be a sticky
    09-06-09 08:05 PM
    Honestly themes and the storm is like oil and water ! They just don't go together, I tried a gew and always had to switch back to the default due to some MAJOR flaw.

09-06-09 08:09 PM
    Honestly themes and the storm is like oil and water ! They just don't go together, I tried a few and always had to switch back to the default due to some MAJOR flaw.

09-06-09 08:09 PM
    i like themes but ive seen some pretty bad ones that just kill a phone.(should say used a few.lol.) the theme im using with .191 has been rock solid since i put it on. nothing bad to really write about. now with 5.0 out and hopefully(for theme builders sake) a newer version of plazmic we can see some more stable themes created.
    09-06-09 11:15 PM
    What is sad is he posted this before...got moved to the theme forum though instead of in both places.
    Yeah, I felt we needed another thread to stay around here after reading another 50 posts about this.....
    09-06-09 11:22 PM
    Thank god you posted this! I can finally stop repeating myself endlessly on every other thread. Now if they will just read this.....hmmmmm....lol.
    09-06-09 11:29 PM
    for some reason my custom theme isnt working for the .167...can anyone help?

ROFL jkkkkk

dont worry ladies and gentlemen, im sure one of these storm gurus will come up with something that is capable.

09-06-09 11:33 PM
    Don't be so sure. Themes worked on mine from 164 through 173. Not on 5.0 though
    09-07-09 12:45 AM
    Why do people like themes when ever I use them the os is a lot slower. The oly thing that is good about themes is that it looks good but is it really worth it?

09-07-09 01:43 AM
    for some reason my custom theme isnt working for the .167...can anyone help?

ROFL jkkkkk

dont worry ladies and gentlemen, im sure one of these storm gurus will come up with something that is capable.

My WiFi and flick scrolling don't work with .167 either... I actually forgot how much I like the Default theme.
    09-07-09 05:48 AM
    Honestly themes and the storm is like oil and water ! They just don't go together, I tried a few and always had to switch back to the default due to some MAJOR flaw.

I'm not trying to continue the OT crap, but sometimes you have to say something.

WHile I'm sure you had some bad luck with some themes, I've found that 99% of the time it is due to using a theme that is over taxing your phone. THere are a ton of great themes out there that don't slow your phone down one bit. Most of of them are free. As a matter of fact, many of the "premium" themes are the ones that try to do too much and cause lag.

Often times the MAJOR flaw is that you are running a theme, WB, MB, plus 15 other apps in the background. The theme just happened to be the straw that broke the proverbial camel's back.
    09-07-09 06:19 AM
    The Zen theme is the best anyways. Trust me ive used many many themes and all they do is make the phone lag hardcore! Also some themes will make your memory leak.

ALSO the 4.7 .151 themes will not work except a few, but still its not worth it!
    The best for you at least. The theme I've been using for months now, I like because its functional but not laggy. Considering .151 and above basically plugged the leaking, the theme hasn't been an issue on memory and speed.

There are alot of themes that seem good on the outside but once used, not as functional but there are good ones out there. They don't make it "lag hardcore" like you exaggerate.
    09-07-09 08:53 AM
    I'm not trying to continue the OT crap, but sometimes you have to say something.

WHile I'm sure you had some bad luck with some themes, I've found that 99% of the time it is due to using a theme that is over taxing your phone. THere are a ton of great themes out there that don't slow your phone down one bit. Most of of them are free. As a matter of fact, many of the "premium" themes are the ones that try to do too much and cause lag.

Often times the MAJOR flaw is that you are running a theme, WB, MB, plus 15 other apps in the background. The theme just happened to be the straw that broke the proverbial camel's back.
    well stated, many good themes out there, many bad apples too. I am more a simplistic person so ELLE, MIRO and ENSO are very good IMO
    09-07-09 11:47 AM
    well stated, many good themes out there, many bad apples too. I am more a simplistic person so ELLE, MIRO and ENSO are very good IMO
    I must be the only person with love for the glass smoke theme. The pro version is the only theme I've ever bought.
    09-07-09 11:55 AM
    i think i tried the glass theme too and liked it
    09-07-09 12:03 PM
    been using fullview theme and have no issues with it. no leaks nothing. as stated, some themes are good some arent.
    09-07-09 12:09 PM
    My themes worked with .140 while I was running it..

09-07-09 12:33 PM
    The Elle theme seems to work with .167. Cleared a missed call, cleared a sms notification after deletion of the message. Thought there was a problem with the call screen and the speaker button after it didn't work on a call but I tried it on the next call and it was flawless.

Can there be something to the order in which you use the themes? When I upgraded to .167, it restored my elle theme automatically. had some problems but it was both in the theme and in the Zen theme with a missed call icon. After a few hours it seems the OS settled down. I took a chance and put my elle QL theme back up and it is working fine.

Howarmat..I loved the Enso theme, but when I installed it on on my phone a few months after my .151 upgrade it totally fried my phone. I had to restart it about a dozen times because stuff was totally going crazy and then I had to hope the phone functioned long enough for me to change my theme before it crashed.
    09-08-09 01:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD