Hi I was wondering if it could be done.
    I look for an answer but so far i havent found anything, I would like to knoiw if I could use my Sprint blackberry tour 9630 with boost mobile?
    the phone is unlocked
    09-06-09 02:44 PM
    Theoretically there shouldnt be any problem b/c Boost is owned by Sprint and uses their network... however since its a PDA esn, boost might not allow PDA esn's to be activated. You can always try and let us know.
    09-06-09 02:51 PM
    No the Tour only has CDMA & GSM network capabilities. Boost mobile along with Nextel are IDEN networks
    09-06-09 03:46 PM
    Boost unlimted. Is cdma

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-09 07:49 PM
    Boost has areas with the cdma side, but they are only in select markets.
    09-07-09 08:18 PM
    There are a few at howardforum that got the 8330 activated on boost cdma.
    09-07-09 10:45 PM
    question will a nextel sim work in a verizon storm
    09-09-09 12:03 AM
    Is this possible now since boost now advertises and supports a blackberry?
    01-20-10 04:36 PM
    Check the boost cdma section of howardforums.com for a how to guide of getting sprint blackberrys on boost. It can be done and has been done (yes, with the tour!), even before this new boost bb plan.

01-20-10 05:25 PM
    Does this mean when people say "Where you at?" you can say "On a Tour".
    01-21-10 09:15 AM
    I looked on howard forums and crackberry and I can't seem to find out if EVERYTHING will work on the Tour through Boost. BBM, PIN, Email, etc without downloading a bunch of different apps. Can the Tour work natively since Boost has cdma capabilities now?
    02-11-10 06:01 PM
    I looked on howard forums and crackberry and I can't seem to find out if EVERYTHING will work on the Tour through Boost. BBM, PIN, Email, etc without downloading a bunch of different apps. Can the Tour work natively since Boost has cdma capabilities now?
    If you looked at howardforum most of those questions are answered. There are two sides to BOOST, iden and cdma. There are people on HF that got the sprint branded 8330 to work on the Boost CDMA side. BBM, BB browser or anything that uses the BIS service will not work on the phone. There are service books floating around that you can get BB browser and MMS to work.

I advise you to use the search button and read the stickies on Howardforum, there is a lot of info and work arounds to get many sprint phones on boost.
    Last edited by iredline5; 02-11-10 at 07:48 PM.
    02-11-10 07:45 PM
    Well my problem wasn't reading. It was searching. LOL. I started from the beginning so maybe I will find the answer I'm looking for. If not, I guess I'll just get the boost bb.
    02-12-10 04:03 AM
    Sooooo....Anyone can say if it is actually possible or not? ...I would like to try to have the device with the BOOST Blackberry Unlimited plan...Any idea if it is possible to activate it with all the services working????
    02-26-10 03:59 PM
    A couple of my co-workers have boost and they r enjoying there unlimited plan for 60 bucks..but thy don't like the curve

02-27-10 10:58 AM
    so then it is possible to take the tour to boost? that's what i am thinking of doing since its the same service for less. if they have a curve then they can have a tour.

A couple of my co-workers have boost and they r enjoying there unlimited plan for 60 bucks..but thy don't like the curve

04-11-10 08:46 PM
    You will need to have a boost technician do it for you since the network IDs are totally different. I am not sure if you can do it yourself, because I am only trained with what I need to know for boost... Though I will ask my Blackberry Rep when he stops in next time...

Boost Phones with Walkie-talkie capability are IDEN.
    Boost Phones without it are CDMA, which is a new network for Boost.
    04-12-10 02:09 AM
    Thanks for the info.

You will need to have a boost technician do it for you since the network IDs are totally different. I am not sure if you can do it yourself, because I am only trained with what I need to know for boost... Though I will ask my Blackberry Rep when he stops in next time...

Boost Phones with Walkie-talkie capability are IDEN.
    Boost Phones without it are CDMA, which is a new network for Boost.
    04-12-10 07:50 AM
    I checked into it with Boost & I got a huge no way from them. After checking more, I was told that I still wouldnt get as good as coverage because Boost only runs on the Sprint network towers and there wouldnt be the extended roam coverage. The people that told me this may be full of crap I don't know. After Boost told me no way on the tour I'm no longer interested. I like bbm and such too much.

04-15-10 02:10 PM
    It just boggles my mind to know that MetroPCS can make damn near any phone work on their network. So if they can do it I don't see why Boost can't.
    08-10-10 07:04 AM
    Hi everyone, for a fact you can used Sprint 9630 to boost mobile (CDMA). I myself have successfully connected a few blackberry tours now to boost mobile unlimited $50 plan or pay as you go plan. It wasn't an easy task but it can be done.. Like the previous post by halerazor and others have said, the boost mobile is both an CDMA and IDEN network..So please check what network would be available in your area by going to the boost mobile website...
    08-30-10 02:15 AM
    Hi everyone, for a fact you can used Sprint 9630 to boost mobile (CDMA). I myself have successfully connected a few blackberry tours now to boost mobile unlimited $50 plan or pay as you go plan. It wasn't an easy task but it can be done.. talk, text, web and some apps would work but no bbm or bis.
    08-30-10 02:22 AM
    No the Tour only has CDMA & GSM network capabilities. Boost mobile along with Nextel are IDEN networks
    This is not true. Boost is both CDMA and IDEN. You can purchase a phone with either option.

This is on their website.
    09-13-10 09:11 PM
    i was asking about switching to boost and taking my sprint # and using my tour. the sales rep gave me bs answers as to why boost wasnt as good as sprint. i said ""if it is the same network how could it be different" and the response was sprint is better than boost......BS!!!!!
    09-13-10 11:45 PM
    Yeah getting network coverage is easy but getting black berry service is the real challange! Whats the point of being able to connect the phone without using all its featueres? I've done the before though I had everything working but the bbm and push email through bis. I could get my email but I had to use some generic app. So its almost useless with out the actual bis service.

The way to go about getting newer black berry handsets is demand! We demanded a blackberry for boost and we got it what I have been doing is going to the boost mobile webesite and clicking on the contact us option and flooding them with emails asking for them to come out with a newer bberry if So I beg u all flood them with email because when they see that they have a ton of demands they will start to see the dollar signs and produce for the demand.
    09-30-10 12:57 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD