If I buy tetherberry, would I still be charged the $60 a month from at&t?
    09-05-09 03:21 PM
    Not unless ATT ever catches on. The whole ideas of TB is to circumvent that charge. The few times I've used TB its worked fairly well for simple webmail viewing and browsing. Flash sites and any VOIP, not so much.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-09 05:29 PM
    I don't know about att, but I've been testing it for about a week on my 8900. Works pretty good, but after seeing a leak of the new desktop manager I'm not sure I'm going to pay for it. I'm currently having issues with my laptop, so I haven't yet tried the tethering function on the new DM but I'm very anxious to try it.

09-05-09 05:53 PM
    If I just tether over bluetooth, would they catch on?
    09-05-09 06:21 PM
    Just stay under 5 gigs/month. If they ever asked I would say I stream music a lot. :-)

09-05-09 07:36 PM
    Can you give me an idea as to how much 5GB of data is?

09-05-09 09:30 PM
    i am curious about tethering as well, i have a fully unlimited account so i am really not worried about charges and all, i just want a simple solution that is basically plug and play where i just install the program and it lets me hit connect or what ever, however i do value my speed when conneting so if you are saying that voip and video are somewhat sluggish i would want to find a better solution for this.... any insight anyone?

when is the new DM supposed to launch/leak?
    09-06-09 12:22 AM
    I use VZW and pay $15 a month to tether my Storm. Can I eliminate that charge with this program?
    09-06-09 05:47 AM
    i dont get the point of tetherberry.. i tethered the modem by myself, it takes 5 minutes.
    09-06-09 06:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD