I've installed the 5.0.0.190 on my computer and is trying to update my T-mobile 8900. I plugged in the phone and clicked on update software but the 5.0 OS comes up on a list but it has a star next to it. The star is denoted by "Only active Blackberry Service subscribers are entitled to install this upgrade". I don't have a data plan and don't have the money for it. Is there anyway around this lock? Or is it something else?
    09-05-09 02:55 PM
    Have you checked out the Blackberry 101 lessons on upgrading OS version, or the Upgrade/Downgrade procedures link in my signature... or even the stick thread at the top of the 8900 on upgrading OS to .250... there is a lot of great information about upgrading your OS in those links.

And did you ever think about posting this in the BETA OS forum???
    09-05-09 02:59 PM
    You won't get much help here... try searching the Beta OS Forum for an answer http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/

Quick clue though... delete the Vendor.xml file
    09-05-09 03:04 PM
    And good luck with all the pain you are about to feel. Welcome to the wonderful world of beta applications.
    09-05-09 03:21 PM
    u can put out the batterry when begin installing OS, when screen load text.... wait for loading........... get back ur batterry..... it's oke . gud luck
    09-05-09 03:28 PM
    u can put out the batterry when begin installing OS, when screen load text.... wait for loading........... get back ur batterry..... it's oke . gud luck

09-05-09 03:33 PM
    Wow... someone's hooked on phonics.
    09-05-09 03:34 PM
    And their first post...
    09-05-09 03:39 PM
    sorry ! i'm not using BB for along time. i'm using a palm device.
    i mean : when u start install new os after delete vendorID file.
    u plug off the batterry out and continue when the screen appear : wait for device intililazing.......... u can plug in batterry in ur BB...
    i'm already come back to BB with a 8900 Javelin and installing OS 5.0 with my javelin.... it's okie
    09-05-09 03:51 PM
    sorry ! i'm not using BB for along time. i'm using a palm device.
    i mean : when u start install new os after delete vendorID file.
    u plug off the batterry out and continue when the screen appear : wait for device intililazing.......... u can plug in batterry in ur BB...
    i'm already come back to BB with a 8900 Javelin and installing OS 5.0 with my javelin.... it's okie
    Sorry, but this procedure you describe is no where in any procedure I've ever done, or read... and I've done a few... I have never pulled the battery out during an OS upgrade!!!

I'd recommend one of the procedures I talked about in Post #2.
    09-05-09 04:03 PM
    Removing or installing the battery while the device is plugged in to a PC or a regular power charger is a bad idea. I have done this a couple of times as a test and it always locks up my BB.
    09-05-09 04:06 PM
    but have many guys at our country, our forum ( tinhte.com) has been using this way and it's still okie.... when u upgrading ur BB & have problems abt not accept for continue, required email or some other problems. this stuff can solved it.... i'm come from Vietnam where forum tinhte.com has preview abt the first Palm Pre GSM in the world
    09-05-09 04:08 PM
    but have many guys at our country, our forum ( tinhte.com) has been using this way and it's still okie.... when u upgrading ur BB & have problems abt not accept for continue, required email or some other problems. this stuff can solved it.... i'm come from Vietnam where forum tinhte.com has preview abt the first Palm Pre GSM in the world
    You should really check out CB's Blackberry 101 lesson... this can help you to learn about the Blackberry the correct way... check it out... there is a link under "Blackberry Help" on every forum page.
    09-05-09 05:25 PM
    Removing or installing the battery while the device is plugged in to a PC or a regular power charger is a bad idea. I have done this a couple of times as a test and it always locks up my BB.
    I agree, and the reason DM isn't allowing you to upgrade, is because its version 5.0 Downgrade desktop manager to 4.6-7 and you'll be good to go. And of course as always follow the procedures listed....
    09-05-09 07:28 PM
    What you could do is just run Loader.exe after you have installed the OS to your computer, it's in the same folder as Vendor.xml, which is the file you need to delete in order to successfully install the os to you phone.

Its in C:\Program files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
    09-05-09 07:43 PM
    What you could do is just run Loader.exe after you have installed the OS to your computer, it's in the same folder as Vendor.xml, which is the file you need to delete in order to successfully install the os to you phone.

Its in C:\Program files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
    Ok I tried that too, but 5.0 wont even show up on the loader. Anything else I could do?
    09-06-09 10:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD