I mean, compare some of the most important (to me) aspects of the two phones, and the iphone is the clear winnar!

1. Battery changes, and this is HUGE for me. I can walk around all day every day with the iphone in my pocket, and a spare battery on charge or in my pocket, and NEVER have to have my phone hooked up on a charger! My smartphone is ALWAYS with me. This is clearly a significant advantage over the Storm.

2. Picture messages. I don't know what I would do if I couldn't view all the T&A MMS messages all my buddies send me day to day (that brighten my day). Winnar=Iphone again.

3. Multitasking. I am stuck, quite often, with 20-45 minutes of idle waiting time, in cars or waiting rooms, etc., and on the Iphone, I can listen to music on Pandora, and simultaneously surf the internet. Very entertaining and cool. Another win for the Iphone.

4. LED message waiting indicator, with assignable color codes. I can have the phone laying on the table, or poking up a little from my shirt pocket and glance down and see if I have any SMS, MMS, Email, or PIN messages unread, and I can know exactly who or what kind of message it is based on the assigned LED color. Another Iphone>Storm.

I could go on and on, but I just thought I'd throw out the real main advantages of the Iphone, and how it is so vastly superior to the Storm, just so everyone can be clear on that point.

facetious thread is facetious
    09-05-09 02:18 PM
    Haha very clever

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-09 02:23 PM
    But I do all that just fine with my storm.. And I thought you couldn't multi task on the iphone that was one of the best things bout the storm

09-05-09 03:13 PM
    I mean, compare some of the most important (to me) aspects of the two phones, and the iphone is the clear winnar!

1. Battery changes, and this is HUGE for me. I can walk around all day every day with the iphone in my pocket, and a spare battery on charge or in my pocket, and NEVER have to have my phone hooked up on a charger! My smartphone is ALWAYS with me. This is clearly a significant advantage over the Storm.

2. Picture messages. I don't know what I would do if I couldn't view all the T&A MMS messages all my buddies send me day to day (that brighten my day). Winnar=Iphone again.

3. Multitasking. I am stuck, quite often, with 20-45 minutes of idle waiting time, in cars or waiting rooms, etc., and on the Iphone, I can listen to music on Pandora, and simultaneously surf the internet. Very entertaining and cool. Another win for the Iphone.

4. LED message waiting indicator, with assignable color codes. I can have the phone laying on the table, or poking up a little from my shirt pocket and glance down and see if I have any SMS, MMS, Email, or PIN messages unread, and I can know exactly who or what kind of message it is based on the assigned LED color. Another Iphone>Storm.

I could go on and on, but I just thought I'd throw out the real main advantages of the Iphone, and how it is so vastly superior to the Storm, just so everyone can be clear on that point.

facetious... thread is facetious

I love the way you did this to show what the iPhone DOES NOT have.

I had the iPhone but then got rid of the iPhone... I am BlackBerry all the way.

I heard once you go Berry, you never go back...lol

I want to get a Storm...

For those of you that have the Storm. Should I wait for the Storm II or go ahead and get the Storm for $49.00 while supplies last.

What the significant differences between the Storm and Storm II. I heard that the Storm II was getting WiFi... If so, then I will wait for the Storm II.

I also checked the Storm in the store, why is it only showing 30,800,746bytes when it has 1gb of internal memory. What has taken up all the room?

I have the BlackBerry Flip (Cellular South) right now and am waiting to switch to Verizon. I have 50,761,996 file free. Alot more than the Storm. I have more stuff on my flip than the Storm does, why such memory drain?

msblueline
    09-05-09 03:56 PM
    I love this thread!!!!
    09-05-09 04:06 PM

I want to get a Storm...

For those of you that have the Storm. Should I wait for the Storm II or go ahead and get the Storm for $49.00 while supplies last.

What the significant differences between the Storm and Storm II. I heard that the Storm II was getting WiFi... If so, then I will wait for the Storm II.

I also checked the Storm in the store, why is it only showing 30,800,746bytes when it has 1gb of internal memory. What has taken up all the room?

I have the BlackBerry Flip (Cellular South) right now and am waiting to switch to Verizon. I have 50,761,996 file free. Alot more than the Storm. I have more stuff on my flip than the Storm does, why such memory drain?

msblueline
    Wait for Storm 2, maam.
    09-05-09 04:31 PM
    nice! awesome post!
    09-05-09 04:38 PM
    @msblue:

I don't know when the S2 is coming, but $50 bucks isn't bad, if you don't mind the huge learning/research curve associated with making the Storm a smooth running machine (which is not even necessary unless you are a power user, and max out the phones abilities), I'd get one. I do not know of a better phone, but there are certainly better suited phones for some people.
    Last edited by anymanusa; 09-05-09 at 04:47 PM.
    09-05-09 04:42 PM

I want to get a Storm...

msblueline
    Storm has 1gb onboard and 8gb micro sd card. I would probably wait for the Storm 2 if you are going to get it. With the newest OS leaks for the Storm it has improved greatly but the thing is when the Storm 2 comes out it will have a lot of these features from the get go. No reason to get locked in with an older phone. $50 is a great deal but again no need to get locked in yet. No doubt I will change my device once December hits but personally I miss having a physical keyboard because its just another thing the device has to handle.
    09-05-09 04:44 PM
    Storm has 1gb onboard and 8gb micro sd card. I would probably wait for the Storm 2 if you are going to get it. With the newest OS leaks for the Storm it has improved greatly but the thing is when the Storm 2 comes out it will have a lot of these features from the get go. No reason to get locked in with an older phone. $50 is a great deal but again no need to get locked in yet. No doubt I will change my device once December hits but personally I miss having a physical keyboard because its just another thing the device has to handle.
    Did you even understand the sarcastic post? It was meant to be teheh funny.

09-05-09 05:12 PM
    When I read the title I though RC was in the forums again but thank the lord it was this brillant post. Great job anymanusa best post I have read today

09-06-09 01:30 AM
    Maybe the 3rd generation storm will have these capabilities? We'll have to wait and see
    09-06-09 01:41 AM
    Can we please stop breaking rule number 54 please.

#54 do not quote a wall of text

09-06-09 02:44 AM
    But I do all that just fine with my storm.. And I thought you couldn't multi task on the iphone that was one of the best things bout the storm

Someone doesn't get it lol
    09-06-09 04:56 AM
    Maybe the 3rd generation storm will have these capabilities? We'll have to wait and see
    Not to mention maybe finally getting a video camera.
    09-06-09 06:26 AM
    i think all those touchscreens kinda suck actually! ofcourse the iphone is a fun phone, but as for practicale, the storm is more prac, iphone you can't get a warranty on except from an outside source, you always feel so worried about dropping it, ect..
    09-06-09 06:30 AM
    I just want to let you know that most of the things you mentioned in your little list you can do it with a blackberry if you know which one can do it, also that is why apps are for, to put colors in your led etc, Iphone sucks just with the fact that you cannot mms att all unlike you said. Even a start tac can mms or the cheapest metro pcs can do it....
    Good Luck wit your Iphone.
    09-06-09 06:41 AM
    Nope.
    The storm is much better.
    End of discussion.

09-06-09 07:35 AM
    I just want to let you know that most of the things you mentioned in your little list you can do it with a blackberry if you know which one can do it, also that is why apps are for, to put colors in your led etc, Iphone sucks just with the fact that you cannot mms att all unlike you said. Even a start tac can mms or the cheapest metro pcs can do it....
    Good Luck wit your Iphone.
    Nope.
    The storm is much better.
    End of discussion.

Ya'll not very quick on the uptake are ya?

The post was about how many salient points the Storm has over the Iphone, in a jesting, facetious manner.

Nothing I posted about the Iphone is true about the iphone, but instead, true about the storm.
    Last edited by anymanusa; 09-06-09 at 12:24 PM.
    09-06-09 09:05 AM

09-06-09 09:23 AM
    iPhone sucks. Its for little babies to play with.
    Last edited by Sighx; 09-06-09 at 09:56 AM.
    09-06-09 09:43 AM
    Did you even understand the sarcastic post? It was meant to be teheh funny.

lol nope I didn't but now I will laugh. :-)
    09-06-09 06:15 PM
    Can no one tell that obviously the iphone cant do any of those things? Those are all storm capabilities. Cmon guys get it???

Its funny...
    09-07-09 12:10 AM
    Can no one tell that obviously the iphone cant do any of those things? Those are all storm capabilities. Cmon guys get it???

Its funny...
    it just goes to show how many people dont read the entire post or the comments that follow
    09-07-09 12:30 PM
    I hereby amend the first post to include whitty remarks regarding the ability of the Iphone to tether, another superiority it holds over the Storm.
    09-07-09 05:27 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD