Okay, so I've had my fair share of using MOST of the carriers here in Indonesia. with the big 3 being Telkomsel, Indosat and XL. i've encountered lots of problems with those carriers, Telkomsel is the most expensive of all, though their signal strength is arguably better than the others, that is until 2 or 3 months ago when the undersea cable snapped leaving most customers in Jakarta with THE worst connection, i migrated to XL, mid priced, signal was poor enough said... it is the first carrier to introduce blackberry in Indonesia though (i think?). and now i'm using Indosat, cheaper than the other 2 and signal is.. so so.., customer service sucked, it's like you're talking to a wall! gosh ;( i've never tried the lesser carriers though like 3 and Axis. being the new carriers, i don't really trust them, though i hear 3 is quite acceptable in the UK and Australia, any thoughts? So.. all you foreigners coming here, you can basically get the idea about carriers here! choose wisely

oh and a word of advice if you're using a CDMA blackberry, either leave it back home or subscribe to the international roaming plan from your home country! 100% of Indonesians know CDMA carriers here has the worst connection ever!! dropped calls and all. but it is the cheapest. 10 cents an hour from Esia.

BIS plan pricing:
    Indosat: 19 USD or 190.000 IDR per month
    Telkomsel: i forgot the exact price but i think it's around 18 USD or 180.000 IDR per month?
    XL: 50 cents USD or 5000 IDR per day, 15 USD or 150.000 IDR per month
    AXIS: 39 cents USD or 3900 IDR per day, 2 dollars 50 cents USD or 25000 IDR per week, and 10 USD or 100.000 IDR per month
    Last edited by wanderlust92; 09-05-09 at 12:09 PM.
    09-05-09 12:02 PM
    any one know how to remove the carier logo from the firmware??
    so when we start up we don't have to see those logo any more
    09-06-09 02:38 PM
    Indosat already launch the BIS Lite services with the lowest prices, only IDR 55.000.
    Telkomsel still IDR 180.000, with no argue, they have the widest coverage in Indonesia.
    XL is so so in services, since last 5 years, their services drop to average

Axis are the last one jump in BIS, I use this for IDR 70.000 for 3 months then will raise to IDR 100.000
    CS are good enough (a lot better than Telkomsel). But the coverage are bad.. the worst I think.
    09-11-09 03:19 AM
    I thought must modified the vendor file somewhere then reinstall the OS.
    09-11-09 03:20 AM
    bis lite from indosat can't browse, it is used for email and messenger only
    09-15-09 10:59 PM
    bis lite from indosat can't browse, it is used for email and messenger only
    correct, but it says you can browse thru I-GO application, extra cost will applied
    09-15-09 11:15 PM
    Okay, so I've had my fair share of using MOST of the carriers here in Indonesia. with the big 3 being Telkomsel, Indosat and XL. i've encountered lots of problems with those carriers, Telkomsel is the most expensive of all, though their signal strength is arguably better than the others, that is until 2 or 3 months ago when the undersea cable snapped leaving most customers in Jakarta with THE worst connection, i migrated to XL, mid priced, signal was poor enough said... it is the first carrier to introduce blackberry in Indonesia though (i think?). and now i'm using Indosat, cheaper than the other 2 and signal is.. so so.., customer service sucked, it's like you're talking to a wall! gosh ;( i've never tried the lesser carriers though like 3 and Axis. being the new carriers, i don't really trust them, though i hear 3 is quite acceptable in the UK and Australia, any thoughts? So.. all you foreigners coming here, you can basically get the idea about carriers here! choose wisely

oh and a word of advice if you're using a CDMA blackberry, either leave it back home or subscribe to the international roaming plan from your home country! 100% of Indonesians know CDMA carriers here has the worst connection ever!! dropped calls and all. but it is the cheapest. 10 cents an hour from Esia.

BIS plan pricing:
    Indosat: 19 USD or 190.000 IDR per month
    Telkomsel: i forgot the exact price but i think it's around 18 USD or 180.000 IDR per month?
    XL: 50 cents USD or 5000 IDR per day, 15 USD or 150.000 IDR per month
    AXIS: 39 cents USD or 3900 IDR per day, 2 dollars 50 cents USD or 25000 IDR per week, and 10 USD or 100.000 IDR per month
    I think now Telkomsel is getting cheaper,,, about IDR 90,000.00 and the speed I'd faster than other.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-11 06:32 AM
    you cant... its locked to the phone... just close your eyes so you dont see it
    01-22-11 06:57 AM
    you cant... its locked to the phone... just close your eyes so you dont see it
    Close eyes then start dreaming,LOL.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-11 08:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD