After being a loyal Treo Palm user I made the change to the Tour and it has been almost 30 days now and I am getting use to it and beginning to like it. I went to an amusement park with the family and challenged my daughter to a go-cart race. I was going around the corner in the lead and all of a sudden I went over a bump or something and my Tour flew out of my case (the leather magnetic holster style that came with it) and I hear my daughter yell that she ran over my phone I pull over to the side and the attendant hands me my scuffed up phone. Believe it or not, it works perfectly but the screen and frame are all scuffed up and looks horrible. I took it to Sprint to see if they could do anything for me but since its cosmetic they can't help. Being the neat freak that I am, there is no way I can keep this phone even though it works fine. Absent spending $500 for a new one, any suggestions?
    09-04-09 04:59 PM
    I kno someone is selling one on here for $375 he says is a week old, but it looks perfect and its still got the plastic...you might want to search...
    09-04-09 05:04 PM
    Hope you have insurance. $50 if you do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-09 05:05 PM
    You might also want to try Craigslist.com! Your from NY I see lots of ppl sellin Tours for $400 or $350...cheaper than $500 lol
    09-04-09 05:06 PM
    you can try ebay for a fulll replacement, thou i just looked and the prices are around 400..........so hope you do have insurance

We've Got Technology Covered // OtterBox.com

it protects the phone well
    09-04-09 05:08 PM
    If you go down the road of buying a used phone, be sure to verify that the ESN is good before forking over the cash. In fact, if you buy a used phone from someone locally (via craigslist, for example), then it's probably a good idea to arrange to meet the person at a Sprint store to have them activate the phone in your name before paying the seller.
    09-04-09 05:09 PM
    FYI, you can only sign up for insurance within the first 30 days of activating your phone. You need to get on that and then file for a replacement claim after about a week or 2. Don't do it immediately, because that just screams "SCAMMER!".
    09-04-09 05:10 PM
    If it works fine, just replace the scratched up parts?

They should be all here;

9630 - Cellular Nationwide Network - Cellular Accessories - 3G, Sony, Panasonic, LG, SonyEricsson,
    09-04-09 05:24 PM
    I have insurance but it is not an option since the phone is working fine and the damage is only cosmetic. If the screen was broken or I lost it that would be a different story. And those thinking about it - no - I am not about to commit insurance fraud and say I lost it. As far as buying a new one, I would probably spend the extra $100 to get it from Sprint so I have no future problems. I am wondering if I can purchase a new "housing" for the Tour. I inquired at the Sprint store and they said since the Tour is so new, parts are not even available.
    09-04-09 05:27 PM
    If you want, you might be able to get the Sprint store to put this on for you.
    Tour Repair Kit - Ebay
    09-04-09 05:31 PM
    So say you lost it, or lose it if you have issues with lying.

09-04-09 05:32 PM
    So say you lost it, or lose it if you have issues with lying.

Just drink a whole bunch of Jack Daniels (until you can barely walk) , take your phone with you on a leisurely stroll jog the neighborhood and I guarantee you WILL lose or irreparably damage your phone.
    09-04-09 05:36 PM
    I have insurance but it is not an option since the phone is working fine and the damage is only cosmetic. If the screen was broken or I lost it that would be a different story. And those thinking about it - no - I am not about to commit insurance fraud and say I lost it. As far as buying a new one, I would probably spend the extra $100 to get it from Sprint so I have no future problems. I am wondering if I can purchase a new "housing" for the Tour. I inquired at the Sprint store and they said since the Tour is so new, parts are not even available.
    well in that case, take a hammer to it. that way you can get your replaced then
    09-04-09 05:40 PM
    Yeah insurance companies deserve it, that's what they get for leveraging your dollar at 30 to 1 in foreign markets.

See what I did there, AIG joke...

09-04-09 05:44 PM
    I would have just throw my tour againt so wall so that it cracks and tell em to get me a new one...

That's why we pay 7 dollars a month for rest of our lives.

09-04-09 05:48 PM
    I would have just throw my tour againt so wall so that it cracks and tell em to get me a new one...

That's why we pay 7 dollars a month for rest of our lives.

No, we now pay $7/month (as opposed to the $5 that it used to be) because dishonest people cheat the system by committing insurance fraud and driving up deductibles and premiums for the rest of us.

09-04-09 05:53 PM
    here's a good one for sale. I'd grab this one if I were you. Price will def go up, but looks to be worth it.

BlackBerry 9630 (Verizon) Brand New! NO RESERVE! - eBay (item 150369249209 end time Sep-05-09 10:36:12 PDT)
    09-04-09 05:58 PM
    I have a few hairline scratches on my blackberry key and back key. I'm holding off on removing that white sticker on the screw though.

09-04-09 06:44 PM
    Stop using a holster. 1. they look completely lame. 2. they clearly don't work.
    09-04-09 06:53 PM
    Damn dude. That sucks. Insurance fraud is bad mmmmmkkkkkkaayyyyy!

09-04-09 07:13 PM
    If it works fine, just replace the scratched up parts?

They should be all here;

9630 - Cellular Nationwide Network - Cellular Accessories - 3G, Sony, Panasonic, LG, SonyEricsson,

Great website - thanks. Only one problem. I have absolutely 0 mechanical ability and would probably do more harm than good in fumbling around to make the repair. Additionally, if I add up the screen, keypad, bezel plus labor, I might be better off throwing in an additional few hundred and getting a new one. I guess I could always try to sell my told one. Either way, it is going to cost me some money. Gosh, that was the most expensive go-cart ride I have ever been on
    09-04-09 08:19 PM
    No, we now pay $7/month (as opposed to the $5 that it used to be) because dishonest people cheat the system by committing insurance fraud and driving up deductibles and premiums for the rest of us.

LOL! Absolutely true.
    09-04-09 08:20 PM
    Great website - thanks. Only one problem. I have absolutely 0 mechanical ability and would probably do more harm than good in fumbling around to make the repair. Additionally, if I add up the screen, keypad, bezel plus labor, I might be better off throwing in an additional few hundred and getting a new one. I guess I could always try to sell my told one. Either way, it is going to cost me some money. Gosh, that was the most expensive go-cart ride I have ever been on
    Lol ya that sucks man. Well its all for the kids right?

09-04-09 08:22 PM
    Man that truly sucks. Hopefully you have something you can revert back to for a while until you get a new berry.
    09-04-09 08:29 PM
    When I got my 8330 off of craigslist last year, it worked great but was pretty beat up. I found a new faceplate and battery cover off of ebay for quite cheap. And although I didn't have a clue what I was doing, I managed to install them and ended up with a new looking 8330. So, that is definitely an option for you with your Tour I think!

09-04-09 08:36 PM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD