hey people!!!
    i start like two year ago w the tmobile 8320.. now i have the 8900 since the very first day it come out, today its having some problems with the trackball.. i was doing my homework online and i find out replace the trackball wont be ease as i did with the 8320, it will break the warranty... should i contact tmobile and try to get another one like a replacement maybe will be for a refurbished one.. should i try to replace the trackball my self .. or just sit and wait for the 9700 to come out??? any ideas here?

other thing.. its me or ubertwitter slow the system? i install the app .. start the phone to act to slow.. i unistalled the app did a whipe of the phone, work fine for a week then reinstall the app, but this time i did a better set up like not working background.. and its working better i guess, but some time slow. other one out there with the same problem?
    09-04-09 04:49 PM
    8900 is a POS- I'm shocked how anyone gave it such great reviews. I'm in the same boat but went through 5 replacement 8900's. I've since gone back to my 8320 which I'm happy with (and has had zero problems)

Your replacement will be a refurb and while it may have a better trackball initially, they are all defective IMO and the same will happen again. Why they didn't make the trackball replaceable or a better build quality is beyond reason...

All I can suggest is that when you get the replacement check it for everything. I was sent an 8900 that had a loose screen, one that was actuallu cracked, one that was chipped / all scratched up and then a couple that only lasted a couple weeks before dying.

Hopefully the 9700 is better quality or Ill be getting an HTC.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-09 04:57 PM
    Replace the trackball yourself! Is easier than you think trust me...why risk gettin another one that might have software issues...or u can wait and get the 9700 lol
    09-04-09 05:13 PM
    IF i can change a trackball anybody can change a trackball!!! lol go to youtube!!!
    09-04-09 08:08 PM
    If you're under warranty, let T-Mobile replace it. If not under warranty, replace it yourself. I hate the trackball with a passion since I've replaced so many.
    09-04-09 09:30 PM
    I've had problems with my trackball two times before, but was able to fix it without replacing the trackball. The trackball was not responsive in a certain direction, and got it to finally work without taking case apart.

Is this the problem people have with their trackballs, or do they stop responding all together?
    09-05-09 01:14 AM
    Use twitterberry. its fast, has all the features I need, and it doesn't slow down my bb. I also have my fam and besties forwarded thru texts to my bb. But I have unlimited messaging so its no extra charges.
    You may wanna check and see if you have any apps you can dump to make more room.
    09-05-09 03:33 AM
    Replace the trackball. I believe there is a walk through on this site or check you tube for videos.
    I use twitterberry and it works great. Visit TwitterBerry for BlackBerry Smartphones from you phone browser.
    09-06-09 01:02 AM
    Does anyone have experience with a replacement phone from Tmo?? Other than these horrible ones above, has anyone been able to talk a rep into sending them a NON-REFURB device?
    09-06-09 02:28 PM
    I've got a refurb 8320 in my hands and I have had 0 problems with it.

09-08-09 04:35 PM
    I've had problems with my trackball two times before, but was able to fix it without replacing the trackball. The trackball was not responsive in a certain direction, and got it to finally work without taking case apart.

Is this the problem people have with their trackballs, or do they stop responding all together?
    I had this problem just today. I used a hand wipe cleaner to go over the trackball and then I adjusted the speed from my normal 70 to 90 and everything seems to be ok for the time being. I've now had this problem twice and I never had it before with my old 83xx series.

What did you do when you encountered the problem?
    09-08-09 06:33 PM
    Does anyone have experience with a replacement phone from Tmo?? Other than these horrible ones above, has anyone been able to talk a rep into sending them a NON-REFURB device?
    Good luck with that. Usually I think you get stuck with a refurb and there's not much you can do about it.

I'd never trade in my original 8900 for some refurb unit that was someone else's nightmare.

I guess if a problem occured and there was no other option, I'd either buy a new one or wait and upgrade to the next release (if it wasn't too long).

I keep an old Motorola V600 that I had all tricked out in chrome plating in a drawer if I ever need a temporary replacement. I used to love that V600 but it had to go into retirement when the 8300 series came out.
    09-08-09 06:37 PM
    Replacement from T-Mo or Asurion? I lost my previous berry and Asurion sent me a NIB one...only paid for the deductible. Don't know about warranty issues with T-mo though.
    09-08-09 09:00 PM
    TMO? Nope. If you have insurance on your phone, then you pay the deductible and get a brand new phone.
    09-25-09 09:09 AM
    Im on my 3rd Replacment 8900. All free of course because it falls under the 1 year warranty.

The Refurbs are practically brand new. They usually wipe and clean the OS and given a new housing. My previous ones were still in their plastic wrap when it arrived in the mail.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 09-25-09 at 08:19 PM.
    09-25-09 08:17 PM
    hey people!!!
    i start like two year ago w the tmobile 8320.. now i have the 8900 since the very first day it come out, today its having some problems with the trackball.. i was doing my homework online and i find out replace the trackball wont be ease as i did with the 8320, it will break the warranty... should i contact tmobile and try to get another one like a replacement maybe will be for a refurbished one.. should i try to replace the trackball my self .. or just sit and wait for the 9700 to come out??? any ideas here?

other thing.. its me or ubertwitter slow the system? i install the app .. start the phone to act to slow.. i unistalled the app did a whipe of the phone, work fine for a week then reinstall the app, but this time i did a better set up like not working background.. and its working better i guess, but some time slow. other one out there with the same problem?
    TRUST ME. Get it replaced if you still have warranty. They will send you a Fresh 8900. I'm on my 3rd one
    09-25-09 10:58 PM
    Im on my 3rd Replacment 8900. All free of course because it falls under the 1 year warranty.

The Refurbs are practically brand new. They usually wipe and clean the OS and given a new housing. My previous ones were still in their plastic wrap when it arrived in the mail.
    Key word there is "practically". Dunno about you, but if I'm paying for a NEW phone and it breaks under warranty, I expect it to be fixed or replaced with a new phone. The refurbs they sent my way were chipped, scratched, had loose screens and had a wobbly trackball click louder than my 8320 keyboard. Repair it urself and save the trouble of dealing with them.

09-27-09 10:39 PM
    Id see if you could get that sticker off. I got lucky after I did a warranty with my phone after 3 months (my headphone jack broke) and when the new one came and I went to put the battery on it I blew in it to make sure the dust was out and the sticker just came off on its own . Lucky me I had a piece of wax carboard and I just stuck it to that if I ever need to crack it open I can do so and then put it back if I need a warranty. I doubt its going to break in an otterbox defender though .
    09-27-09 11:14 PM
    This is my 2nd 8900 no more problems. First 8900 the trackball stopped working. Everything is working smooth now. OS .231 is very stable.

09-28-09 04:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD