I've got Viigo right now, and it's nice, but I don't use even 20% of what it does, and to be honest, it eats through memory like termites in an old wooden house.

So I've been trying to find a decent RSS reader that doesn't take too much memory and isn't loaded down with stuff I won't use.

So what RSS readers do you all use?
    09-04-09 01:34 PM
    I've got Viigo right now, and it's nice, but I don't use even 20% of what it does, and to be honest, it eats through memory like termites in an old wooden house.

So I've been trying to find a decent RSS reader that doesn't take too much memory and isn't loaded down with stuff I won't use.

So what RSS readers do you all use?
    Check out Arr! SS reader. You can find it here in the forums. Its pretty new and there was a post about it in the blog a couple days ago. Havent tried yet, but am keeping my eyes on it.
    09-04-09 01:46 PM
    I use arrss. Some feeds you cannot add, they just simply won't work, however its a decent lightweight reader. No memory loss on .151. Plus the price is right. Donate if you like it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-09 02:00 PM
    Have you tried Viigo Lite? It is just basic RSS feed.

Download | Viigo
    09-04-09 04:45 PM
    I made post about this a few weeks ago and said I dumped Viigo due to memory.

Short end of a long story, I started using Google Reader through my BB browser. At first I ABSOLUTELY HATED Google Reader. I had a hard time navigating and I missed the interface Viigo gave me.

Now, I actually enjoy GR. With it, I can check my feeds through my BB, my laptop, my computer, my iTouch, and at work. The interface through the BB browser isn't anything close to what Viigo offers, but it is a VERY worthwhile sacrifice.

My memory is so much more stable and I can save an unlimited number of blogs for future review (something that took up more memory as you saved more blogs) without worry.

I say give it a try for a week or two. What do you have to lose? It's free.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-09 08:31 PM
    Ok so, I have both a question and an answer, sort of.

First the answer.
    While I don't know of any readers that would fit what you are looking for, what I do know is that if you have a twitter account there are many really lite twitter apps that rock. The reason I mention this is because there are a few places I follow on twitter because of how they tweet. Mashable.com & CrackBerry for example (amongst many others) tweet things like.... "Click's Picks! Free BlackBerry Media Roundup For Your Labor Day Weekend {link to article} " When UberTwitter notifies me I have a new tweet and I see something like that... all I have to do is click the link if I want to read more, or do nothing if I don't want to read more. Super simple and MANY sites do the same exact thing. So basically I am using ubertwitter as an RSS Reader. I hope this helps.

Now, for the question.
    Not ALL sites do this so I am infact using a reader also. I use Viigo, which, don't get me wrong, I like... however I want a reader that syncs between the PC/Web and my phone so that when I read my feeds on my phone and delete them, I don't have to re-delete them when I check my feeds on the web or vice versa. If the application is ALSO available for the iPod Touch that would be even more amazing... but alas, I will not hold my breath. I HAVE tried the google reader mobile site, and attempted to use it regularly for about 2 weeks... I just can't handle it. Sorry google, your mobile version blows like a hurricane. Any one have any suggestions for me?
    09-05-09 12:21 PM
    To add to my last post... on what I am looking for. I know that "Arr! SS" has "-Full synchronization of read, unread, starred articles in Google Reader" as a planned feature. But I am looking for something that has that feature now. Not later. No offense to "Arr! SS", I am sure it is awesome now and will be even more awesome soon, it just doesn't have what I am looking for quite yet.
    09-05-09 12:30 PM
    09-05-09 12:51 PM
    Have you tried Viigo Lite? It is just basic RSS feed.

Download | Viigo
    Has anyone tried viigo lite? I tried downloading it but kept getting "Device not recognized" error.

I'm using OS 5.0.140 but it has the option to choose a 5.0 OS version.
    09-05-09 10:57 PM
    I use Google REader, this is not an app. Its a webservice that has a moble page. This is great because weather im on a PC or my Phone i can look at my RSS feedsd and not have to read stuff in doubles. You can just download a Launcher for google readers mobile site from any launcher site, or add it to your bookmarks.
    09-06-09 06:09 PM
    09-13-09 11:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD