Seems like whenever I read articles like "the best smartphones for ____", the ones that usually get mentioned are the iPhone and perhaps the Tour. Very, very rarely do I see the Bold mentioned, and yet most of us who have the Bold feel it is second to none. And not just because it's the one we own, but because it simply has the best feature set out there right now.

I guess it's good in a way, because it can be our little "secret". But it kind of grates on me that these so-called "experts" can whiff so badly on this one.
    09-04-09 12:30 PM
    I doubt if too many reviewers will recommend the Bold, since it is only available from AT&T. The big hype for AT&T is the iPhone.

Tours are available from more than one carrier (Verizon and Sprint).

I had to ask for a Bold at the AT&T store. Even after I did, the salesman tried his hardest to sell me an iPhone. Even AT&T salespersons do not push the Bold. Their big thing is the iPhone. Only the manager of the store had a Bold as his personal phone. All the salespersons in the AT&T store had iPhones.
    09-04-09 12:46 PM
    Bosses get Blackberries, minions get iPhones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-09 12:58 PM

That's funny but so true!

09-04-09 01:09 PM
    I had to ask for a Bold at the AT&T store. Even after I did, the salesman tried his hardest to sell me an iPhone. Even AT&T salespersons do not push the Bold. Their big thing is the iPhone. Only the manager of the store had a Bold as his personal phone. All the salespersons in the AT&T store had iPhones.
    This. I had to basically justify why I didn't want an iPhone to the sales rep at my AT&T store when I bought my Bold. One told me that she had never met anyone who wanted a smartphone that didn't want an iPhone.
    09-04-09 02:11 PM
    This. I had to basically justify why I didn't want an iPhone to the sales rep at my AT&T store when I bought my Bold. One told me that she had never met anyone who wanted a smartphone that didn't want an iPhone.
    When I said I didn't want an iPhone, he pushed the Nokia E71x. I returned it because it was defective. Then the guy pushed for me to get an iPhone. I had to tell him no I wanted a Bold.

09-04-09 02:15 PM
    IPhone is ATT's cash cow, of course they're pushing it. Not that its a bad phone, BB is just better.
    09-04-09 02:24 PM
    IPhone is ATT's cash cow, of course they're pushing it. Not that its a bad phone, BB is just better.
    Pretty much AT&T is Apple's b*tch. No way around it. It's just the truth.
    09-04-09 02:28 PM
    The AT&T store near me didn't even have any Bolds when I got mine. I had to have the manager order it for me. It was well worth the wait :-)

09-04-09 03:16 PM
    When I went to get my bold, I pretty much went up to the salesman and told him what I wanted without browsing the store. He asked me if I would reconsider and get an Iphone. I told him HECK no, why would I want that piece of CRAP. There were several people that heard me and you could tell were waiting to hear why I wouldn't get one. He got offended and asked me if I knew somebody who had one. I told him I know several people and my kids actually own Itouches and I don't think too highly of them. He finally figured out I was a lost cause, so then he started pitching their cable/internet/phone deal. I was very close to just walking out and ordering it online, but I like my purchases right away, so I kept saying no until he finally finished with my purchase and I've had a smile on my face ever since.
    09-04-09 03:28 PM
    I also had the sales guy try and get me to buy an iPhone - twice. He kept trying to lead me back to one of the very prominent and large iPhone displays. Not that I didn't give the iPhone a good try in the store. I did. But no go. It was the Bold all the way and I have never regretted it.
    09-04-09 04:31 PM

So true. Lol.

People who get the ish done always have a BB. I see a lot of BB8800's, 8700's, Curves, and a Bold here and there. My agency Director has a Bold, so do a few of the Commissioners. LT. Gov has one for his personal use.

iPhones are found at secretaries desks and in the Art Dept.
    09-04-09 06:20 PM
    I've ordered every cell phone since one of my old Nokia snickers from the carriers website. Only disadvantage I can see from it so far is that I have to wait a few days after release, but if there's any problems with the release, they'll of had a couple days to get it worked out.
    09-04-09 06:50 PM
    Tried talking me into a IPhone also, was able to talk them into an instant rebate instead of mail-in.

09-05-09 08:15 PM
    Tried talking me into a IPhone also, was able to talk them into an instant rebate instead of mail-in.

Good job!

09-05-09 08:18 PM
    While they still mention the iphone as #1 over on phonedog.com two reviewer's both list bold as #2 or 3 which is still very good. I think the thing to remember is the bold has never really had a negative review. But if you put it in top 5 list it does not tend to hit top for most since most people (not all) have been in love with iphones and touchscreens.

So while the bold is a remarkable device and probably my favorite device until onyx it tend to not be on the top of the list since it is not considered a fun phone by the average consumer but any real user will vote it as a must have. We often forget there are many users or condumers just looking for fun, and the iphone offers that by the boat load at the sacrifice of true function of a smartphone. That's why I never pay attention to top lists and just read individual reviews.

09-05-09 08:25 PM
    I own both
    09-05-09 08:49 PM
    2009 Smartphones Reviews-- TopTenREVIEWS

oh omg .. this is all wrong lol ... 3g 8900 ..
    Last edited by y0us3f; 09-05-09 at 09:15 PM.
    09-05-09 09:11 PM
    2009 Smartphones Reviews-- TopTenREVIEWS

oh omg .. this is all wrong lol ... 3g 8900 ..
    I can't hardly give much consideration to a source that shows the Curve 8900 as *having* WiFi, then ranks the Storm above the Bold. Look at their "blue bar" ratings and tell me how they have the Storm at #3.

So, ummm...FAIL. This is exactly the kind of ignorance to which I was referring in my original post.
    09-06-09 12:07 AM
    I can't hardly give much consideration to a source that shows the Curve 8900 as *having* WiFi, then ranks the Storm above the Bold. Look at their "blue bar" ratings and tell me how they have the Storm at #3.

So, ummm...FAIL. This is exactly the kind of ignorance to which I was referring in my original post.
    umm curve 8900 does have wifi hahaha
    09-06-09 01:44 AM
    Wow don't I look like an *****. I was thinking 3g then my brain took a hard left and went with wifi. I blew that one!

09-06-09 01:48 AM
    Wow don't I look like an *****. I was thinking 3g then my brain took a hard left and went with wifi. I blew that one!

Happens to all of us

09-06-09 07:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD