Here is my horror story of Sprint.

From the beginning, I have five phones on a 3000 Family Share.About a year ago I upgraded two of my lines to the Curves with know plan changes.Well, it turned out after that my bill was 850.00 for one month.It took me standing in the Sprint store for 8 hours on 3 different occasions to reslove the matter.As matter of fact, the supervisor looked at me and said "what are you doing here again".That makes you feel special dont it.

Recently, I upgraded my 2 curves to the Tours.They agree to give me a 100.00 instant rebate per phone and a 100.00 mail-in-rebate per phone.I recieve the phones and have no rebate forms.Well, I am also having problems with the phones so they inform me that they will send replacement phones.I ask them to please include my rebate forms and they assure me that they will personally make sure they are sent (yea right).So, I get the 2 replacement phones and again, know rebate forms.They also only sent me one mailer for 2 phones so I cant fit both phones in the single enevlope.I called on 3 different occasions to get another mailer before they sent the additional mailer.

I get my bill and what should be 250.00 is 1,303.04 (WHAT).I call them up and they tell me that I was billed for all 4 phones because I did not send them back.Well, I could not send them back because they would not send me another mailer.They also had activation chargers which should not be because I ordered through Tele-Sales.They also told me that I was pro-rated because of the new phones even though the plan had not changed.They told me this occurs because they plan has to stop to add the new phones and then restart with the new phones.Well, if I am pro-rated then I also have to pay the month in advance on top of all the other fees.

After another 9 hours on the phone (yes 9 full hours) and a credit here and there, they finally credit me and get my bill right.I told them that I want something for my time because if I had not spent my time my service would have been interruppterd.We are talking 17 hours of talk time total.They refuse.

So, without mailers I wsa billed for the phones,billed activation which you dont get through tele-sales,pro-rated even though my plan didnt change.Then they tell me that well we have credited you a 1,000 dollars.Well should I be happy that they are fixing there mistake because they are idiots?

This is why Sprint has the worst customer service in the history of any company.I wish that there was a corporate number that I could contact somebody.I am about ready to cancel and never look back.
    09-04-09 10:43 AM
    I would expect them to charge you for the phones if they didn't receive them back. If it was me, and the phones did fit in the mailer. I would spend $5-$10 on an padded envelope and postage and rather deal with getting a $10 max credit than having to get a $1k+ credit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-09 11:15 AM
    Sprint Nextel Corporation
    6200 Sprint Parkway Overland Park KS 66251
    Phone: (800) 829-0965
    09-04-09 11:20 AM
    Not sure if it still matters, but u can download rebate forms @ sprintrebates.com.

09-04-09 12:49 PM
    all I can say about sprint is that the day the raise their prices they will vanish...
    09-04-09 09:56 PM
    Simplexity is still worse

(They do fulfillment for RadioShack.com, WireFly, NewEgg, OfficeDepot, and other websites)

Sprint will usually do what they say they will. It took me 11 hours on the phone over 3 days to personally speak to a supervisor, who couldn't do anything, had to have someone in finance call me back, guaranteed by the next morning.

I actually got the call the day after that.

They are incapable of responding in under 72 hours, and their Indian call center will say anything to resolve the call
    Last edited by pauldriver; 09-05-09 at 06:47 AM.
    09-05-09 06:42 AM
    I have a suggestion for you, switch carriers and avoid the headache. If you do switch, go with T-Mobile(not because I have them as a carrier). They have by far the best customer service out there. Honestly, I would not have dealt with Sprint for that many hours because I feel that as a company Sprint should've corrected the mistake the first time around. That's why they're going to lose a lot of customers to T-Mobile.

09-05-09 06:51 AM
    What do you mean that should have charged me? Also, both phones WOULD NOT fit in the mailer I tried.Im not going to spend my money sending them back. That is not refusing to send them back.The point is here Sprint did not do what they said they were going to do in which I had to pay for their error.There is no excuse for that period.If they would have told me that I could download the rebates or bring the phones in obviously I would have to aviod these problems.Once again, this shows how Sprint customer service misrepresents people and does not give them correct information.I could talk to 10 different Sprint reps and I bet I would get 10 different stories.Thats right if the price went up, Sprint would not even be an option.I cant belive that someone would even have the nerve to say that this my fault.Unreal
    Last edited by jackyl; 09-05-09 at 09:27 AM.
    09-05-09 09:24 AM
    As far as I know you are suppose to download them from the website. I haven't been trained in or worked in customer service in years (thankfully) but everyone that has mentioned the rebates to me in tech support say "They didn't send me a form" and I direct them to the website to check the status or get the forms.

Long sentence.
    09-05-09 03:53 PM
    When I bought my BB last year, I got a copy of the rebate form in the box, AND a note about the website AND an email about the website
    09-05-09 05:33 PM
    A $1300 problem could have been avoided for a mere $10. I find that hilarious, next time stop being stubborn and spend the little cash it costs to just send it back. You could have avoided the headache and the $1300 bill.
    09-05-09 05:57 PM
    I really don't see why your surprised they charged you for the phone. They tell you if you don't send the phone back they will charge you. Its not some hidden secret.

09-05-09 07:18 PM
    This is why when I make purchases for things that may need replacing I drag myself off of my couch and that bag of chips, and do my business with a real human being. That way, if something needs replacement, you go to the store and get it done.

I guess I don't know how people need CS so often. I'll have been with Sprint for two great years soon, and had to call CS twice. Neither time pertaining to a billing error.

If I had to guess, the people most vocal about CS are what the CS people call a nightmare. They want something for nothing and are always looking to get everyhing for free. You can read about those types of people in hundreds of threads. They have a bizarre sense of entitlement and when they don't get what they want, they cry horrible CS.

Anyone not seeing marked improvement in Sprint CS since Dan took over isn't paying attention and is damning Sprint for an old (though deservedly so) issue.

09-06-09 01:27 AM
    I've been with Sprint for 12 years, going on 13 with no problems. The people I contact in CS are always helpful and get my issues resolved with no problems.

Do you talk to them like a person and treat them with respect, or do you have the attitude where you think you're entitled to 30 free phones because you waited 5 mins on hold and shout at them?

edit: And I just received my BB Tour last Monday, and they included the rebate form in there with me. Did you check the packing list?
    09-06-09 11:10 AM
    So it is my fault that I was charged when Sprint told me they would send me the proper mailers? Wolf1989, you must work for Sprint.They did not follow through with teir commitment, not me.Yes, I do talk to them like human beings and am respectful.I never tried to get anything from them, but WHAT THEY TOLD ME THEY WERE GOING TO DO.This is why Sprint has the worst CS rating, for good reason.
    09-06-09 10:51 PM
    Doesn't sound like you got too sh*tty of a deal if you got a $100 instant rebate AND a $100 MIR...sounds like you just need to be a little patient and it will all get cleared up...after all you did get an extra $100 off your Tours...which is a $100 less than most people paid...I'm just saying...CS can be frustrating ANYWHERE...I guarantee you I can find a horror story from VZW, TMO, ATT, and any other carrier you wish to discuss...yes before you ask I do work for Sprint...but guess what? You think we're bad to deal with? Try being on the other end of the phone...bet I deal w/more BS in a day than you do.
    09-06-09 11:56 PM
    I would have just spent the $10 and sent the phones back and avaoided the 1k bill...I honestly think there is more to the story but 9 hours is unaccptable

09-06-09 11:57 PM
    I would have spent that $10 too, but that's just me.
    09-07-09 12:03 AM
    LOL!!
    Sprint did the right thing here...
    And FYI, sprint doesn't have the worst CS anymore, they were actually the only company to improve on CS last quarter.
    And like others have said, if you HATE sprint that bad, than cancel and go somewhere else... I PROMISE it won't be any different, besides paying more for your bill!!!!

09-07-09 04:20 PM
    Come on life isn't always a bowl of cherries but 9 hours IS the pitts. If you have ever been on the scrwd up end of a cs nightmare you might agree that some sort of consolation for the prolonged aggravation is just good business

09-07-09 04:59 PM
    So it is my fault that I was charged when Sprint told me they would send me the proper mailers? Wolf1989, you must work for Sprint.They did not follow through with teir commitment, not me.Yes, I do talk to them like human beings and am respectful.I never tried to get anything from them, but WHAT THEY TOLD ME THEY WERE GOING TO DO.This is why Sprint has the worst CS rating, for good reason.
    Actually I don't work for sprint. Sprint has actually improved their customer rating by leaps and bounds. They are continuously getting recognition for it. I think perhaps there is more to this story that you aren't telling everyone here. You seem to have gotten a good deal and yet you couldn't fork over maybe $10? Yes they said they would send you a different mailer but guess what? People make mistakes. You have jumped to some drastic conclusion on customer service because this one bad experience. You don't like sprint then cancel and go somewhere else. Judging by your tone on this forum I think sprint would most likely be glad to see the back of you.

09-07-09 06:53 PM
    They also only sent me one mailer for 2 phones so I cant fit both phones in the single enevlope.I called on 3 different occasions to get another mailer before they sent the additional mailer.
    It sounds like you got the extra mailer and you still didn't send the phones back. I'm a little confused as to why you think they wouldn't charge you.

09-07-09 07:19 PM
    if hi don't like sprint then cancel and go somewhere else. I have sprint for almost 3 years and no complaint.
    09-07-09 07:54 PM
    And like others have said, if you HATE sprint that bad, than cancel and go somewhere else... I PROMISE it won't be any different, besides paying more for your bill!!!!
    Yes, it will be different with T-Mobile. T-Mobile has the best customer service in my opinion and many would agree. I had Sprint for several years and their CS was nothing compare to TMOs. Also, their prices are competitive if not cheaper than most carriers so I would disagree with the "besides paying more for your bill" comment. I haven't been with them long enough but long enough to know their CS is great.
    09-09-09 06:29 PM
    The last time I had to return a phone sprint sent me the UPS label and I still had the box around and I sent it in. I do understand your frustration. The rebate forms you can get from any sprint store if go in and ask for them. I did not get them when the phone came. I called and they said that you can download the form or go to the store and ask for it. For me the customer service has been great. The service center replaced my Tour when I was having trackball issues.

I believe they stil do returns by UPS and they sent me the label and the bag and I believe you can just fill out a new label with their UPS account information and you can still send the phone back.
    09-09-09 07:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD