Does $190 seem reasonable for a gently used 8900? I have an 8220 now, and am looking to upgrade. Someone on craigslist is willing to take $190.
    09-04-09 09:17 AM
    Used devices can range from very low to almost retail price. As with all second hand purchases, just be wary of how used it might be.
    If the price is too good to be true, then it probably is. The price seems decent. You will have to inspect the phone to see if it's in good condition.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-09 09:22 AM
    $190 for a gently used 8900 sounds to good to be true. Before picking one up, I would pop in my SIM card to make sure you can make and receive calls and that the PIN is functional. I don't know how much they are going for in your part of the country, but I just sold my 8900 without a box, with just an aftermarket A/C charger, and USB micro cable, and 4 GB micro SD card for $440. If you can get it for $190, that's fantastic, just make sure everything works before the seller disappears.
    Last edited by sonni_kuba; 09-04-09 at 09:29 AM.
    09-04-09 09:27 AM
    thanks for your thoughts guys, I will be sure to check those thing before paying. lady seems legit, shes a techer, who cant trust a TEACHER. lol
    Last edited by duhaas; 09-04-09 at 09:37 AM.
    09-04-09 09:34 AM
    I recently purchased a used 8900. I spent almost 2 months trying to find the right one. I learned MANY lessons, so I figured I would give you a heads up of what I figured out through my journey.

1)always ask to see a picture or to see the phone before buying. if they refuse to send a picture or make some b/s about "i dont have a camera"... on to the next person

2) check to see if the phones pin is cleared. I purchased on phone that looked good and worked fine when i popped my sim in. However, when I called t-mobile to activate my bb account to the phone they said the pin was not cleared. long story short, the phone was fake/screwy... RIM told me that phones pin was connected to a peal in spain and the phone I had was fake.

3) open the battery cover and make sure things look good back there. One 8900 i looked at had the memory card slot messed up. The guy played it off like " ohh... i never noticed, you dont even need extra memory anyways" LIE!

4) understand the difference b/w the att and t-mobile version. t-mobiles 8900 has uma and will allow wifi calling for tmobile users. the att 8900 does not have that feature

5) like the other person said... its the deal is too good to be true, then something is wrong with the phone. The only exceptions are naive people who know nothing about phones and just want to get rid of it. They are very rare. Most people know the going rate for a gently used 8900 is 250+... so if someone offers 190, either they dont know how much its worth or they are scamming you.

good luck and let me know how it goes!
    09-04-09 10:08 AM
    What's wrong with it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-09 10:25 AM
    just picked up the phone from the woman, its in perfect condition, i'm guessing she didnt realize what she could get. although she was asking 250, and i said 190 and she said ok. she switched to the tmobile gtouch2. just in the process of putting the latest os on the phone, so far so good
    09-04-09 12:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD