Okay... so i've had several blackberries over the years, currently running a Tour on Verizon. My company is finally pushing me to get a company phone with email. (Until now i have been running my Tour on BIS, but they want me to have full integration and are willing to pay for it.)

I dont want to carry 2 phones AND i want my privacy. SO... i can:

1. Keep my tour and get another one or an iphone from work.
    2. Get another cheap phone on Verizon, and get a tour from work.

My questions...
    1. I can forward calls to another device, keeping my calls separate, but can i forward text messages somehow?? (I dont think so.)

2. With BES, the BES admin sees EVERYTHING on the device. Is that the same with Microsoft Exchange Server sync? In other words... if i get an iPhone from work, can they see all my text messages and personal email, just like a BES admin can?

Any advice on how iPhone Microsoft exhchange works with seeing things on my device would be HUGE help.

Thanks all!
    09-03-09 11:35 PM
    Answers:

1. No way to forward texts from one phone to another.

2. BES admin can see all of your business mail, calls and texts, but not your personal BIS mail. There is no similar logging on Exchange with Activesync.

If I were you I would go the iPhone route for work and keep the Tour for personal. I have the same setup except iPhone is for personal and Tour for work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-09 12:26 AM
    As an IT admin, the only thing you IT guys can see if you're on the Exchange Server is your e-mails and parts of your security policies.
    09-04-09 08:22 AM
    1. Yes you can. I have a personal phone (Blackjack 2 Winmo) that I forward all txts to my work phone (Tour). I am sure you can find an app for the IPhone or BB to do the same.

2. ActiveSync is nothing like BES. They will not see everything and only your e-mail, contacts, calendar. If you choose to sync those. As far as I know at least.
    09-04-09 08:43 AM
    You can always use google voice to forward your texts. Its a little complicated in setting up but it can be done
    09-09-09 04:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD