i have had my bb curve for only like six months and i absolutly love it butttttt i want a new tour soooo bad anybody know a way to upgrade with sprint without having to pay 600 or whatever the price is for a new tour
    09-03-09 11:28 PM
    Go on craigslist and see if there is one for sale for like three hundred bucks. eBay also.
    That's where I'm checking as well not having alot of luck at it though. Lol
    it's still a new device so ppl want alot of cash for it still

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-09 12:13 AM
    well i don't know about sprint CS, but you can always try that. i know verizon has a policy where if your phone breaks or is malfunctioning twice, they offer you a new phone (or something like that)
    i don't know if it's the same with sprint, but it's worth a shot
    09-04-09 12:45 AM
    well i don't know about sprint CS, but you can always try that. i know verizon has a policy where if your phone breaks or is malfunctioning twice, they offer you a new phone (or something like that)
    i don't know if it's the same with sprint, but it's worth a shot
    A new phone of the same model, yes. A Tour for a Curve, no. They'll give you a replacement Curve, probably refurbished. And not if the owner, say, "accidentally" breaks the original device. That's entitlement at its finest, and they're not going to indulge it.

To the OP: I don't mean to sound insensitive, but you signed up for a contract with a Curve, not a Tour; therefore, you will have to keep that Curve until your premier yearly upgrade or your contract runs out. Conversely, you could get a Tour at full retail price or perhaps somewhat cheaper through another seller. Sucks, I know, but that's just how it goes.
    09-04-09 02:35 AM
    We have a local store and they will usually work with you. I friend was asking about an upgrade (non bb) and the clerk said he could not do it. But called him back because another customer did not like the model that he wanted and he got a cheap deal from the other customer. Maybe they will keep an eye out for you.
    09-04-09 08:28 AM
    A new phone of the same model, yes. A Tour for a Curve, no. They'll give you a replacement Curve, probably refurbished. And not if the owner, say, "accidentally" breaks the original device. That's entitlement at its finest, and they're not going to indulge it.

To the OP: I don't mean to sound insensitive, but you signed up for a contract with a Curve, not a Tour; therefore, you will have to keep that Curve until your premier yearly upgrade or your contract runs out. Conversely, you could get a Tour at full retail price or perhaps somewhat cheaper through another seller. Sucks, I know, but that's just how it goes.
    You are right on. What I think we all wish for is more flexibility to have shorter contracts.
    09-04-09 09:29 AM
    You are right on. What I think we all wish for is more flexibility to have shorter contracts.
    That's right....more flexibility. Maybe we need Universal Cell Care...a National program so everyone can have the cell they want when they want it without having to even pay for it. No credit checks, no limits, no pre-existing waiting periods!!!
    09-04-09 11:43 AM
    That's right....more flexibility. Maybe we need Universal Cell Care...a National program so everyone can have the cell they want when they want it without having to even pay for it. No credit checks, no limits, no pre-existing waiting periods!!!
    Ya, sure, that would fly. Why not just make all the newest ones free while you're at it?

My cranky nature aside, just get a used one and hope it's legit. Otherwise, wait until your contract is up and switch the phone.
    09-04-09 12:00 PM
    You will need to wait until you have had your Curve for 1 year. If you are a Premier customer then that is when you will be eligible for an upgrade. Provided you continue to pay your monthly bill on time. Suck it up, you got a $570 phone for what? A hundred bucks? And now 6 months later you want a $550 phone for $200? Sprint or any other carrier is in business to make money, they already lose their butts on the discounted phones. Good lucjk though. Try going into a corporate Sprint store and becoming "friends" with the employees......it always helps!
    09-04-09 12:21 PM
    I want a Tour too. But I wouldn't dream of cheating the system in an effort to get it.

09-04-09 01:56 PM
    I want a Tour too. But I wouldn't dream of cheating the system in an effort to get it.

My sentiments exactly...That is one sweet device.
    09-04-09 05:42 PM
    Look on the marketplace forums on CB for one. That's how I got my Storm. I suppose you could also add a line to your account to get another BB.

09-04-09 05:50 PM
    If you were on verizon you could just add a line for $9.99 and get the new customer/upgrade price. I wouldn't do it, but I know people who do it all the time. Then just have you service swapped between the new phones. Have no clue how Sprint works but it's an idea.

09-04-09 07:33 PM
    I'll let you all know that Verizon can offer you one pricing on phones with manager approval. I recomend doing this over the telephone through CS and not in a store setting. I personally just upgraded from an LGDar� to BB Cuve a paid one year contract price for the phone. I only had my LG for eight months.

Give it a try u don't have anything to lose.

09-04-09 10:02 PM
    I'll let you all know that Verizon can offer you one pricing on phones with manager approval. I recomend doing this over the telephone through CS and not in a store setting. I personally just upgraded from an LGDar� to BB Cuve a paid one year contract price for the phone. I only had my LG for eight months.

Give it a try u don't have anything to lose.

Um, maybe the consumer doesn't have anything to lose, but the company might?
    09-05-09 02:27 AM
    How attached are you to sprint? You could move to VZW and get one, then pay the ETF for sprint. Of course you want to check plans and stuff so you don't end up spending double every month.

09-05-09 03:49 AM
    Um, maybe the consumer doesn't have anything to lose, but the company might?
    I guess so, they still get their money for the phone, and we all now the markup is HUGE on these phones !
    09-05-09 11:51 AM
    They make way more money when customers honor their contracts and stick to paying the amount they agreed to pay to the carrier upon signing.

09-05-09 11:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD