I seem to be having a problems for quite a long time now, and wanna know if anyone has a solution or if anyone else is having the same problem. Tried bringing my phone to verizon and the whole gig, but they have no idea. Even tried getting a new phone and it still didn't help. For some reason, I'll send a message using BBM and it will go through sometimes, 75% of the time it'll say contact is busy or contact is unreachable. constantly to all my BBM contacts. I have no idea what it is. I hope someone can really help me out with this. It is the most aggravating thing.
    09-03-09 10:50 PM
    Have you verified with the person to which you are trying to send a message that they are not marked unavailable or busy?
    09-03-09 10:52 PM
    it always says busy until the open it doesnt it?
    09-03-09 10:53 PM
    Are you using BBM 4.7 (the one that came with your Tour) or did you upgrade to BBM 5.0?
    09-03-09 10:53 PM
    it all depends. It will stay on for awhile and the suddenly dissappear. Yes i have verified with the other user that they are not marked as Unavailable.
    09-04-09 12:05 PM
    The busy ordeal is easily explainable, as it has already been. (If the user is idle for so long and don't check their message, they will display as busy on YOUR screen.)

Now, as far as the unreachable goes, how many BBM contacts do you have? Are they all people that you personally know, or are you going through the forums adding people who have displayed their PINs? If you have more contacts than you talk to on a regular basis, that user may have switched out their old BB, and therefore their PIN is no longer active, hence the unreachable. Just a thought.
    09-04-09 12:09 PM
    Another explanation regarding this...based on what I've observed; is that there seems to be some sort of incompatibility with certain criteria of BBM when there is inter-version conversation going between 4.7 and 5.0 users.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-09 03:19 PM
    Another explanation regarding this...based on what I've observed; is that there seems to be some sort of incompatibility with certain criteria of BBM when there is inter-version conversation going between 4.7 and 5.0 users.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yup, I'm inclined to agree. When I upgraded to BBM 5.0 my girlfriend (AT&T Bold) and I suddenly had a ton of problems trying to BBM each other. She'd constantly show up on mine as "Unavailable" and roughly 50% of our messages would actually go through to one another.
    09-04-09 03:23 PM
    If the contact does not read the message within one minute, you get the "Clock" or "Busy" notification. Go to Options >Security Options >General Settings. Scroll down and make sure Content Protection is Disabled...
    09-04-09 03:24 PM
    I have the same problem with my 8900 (not sure which version of BBM but whatever one came with it is what I have)...ever since the huge BBM crash a month or whatever ago at least once a day I have a contact that goes "unreachable" and the message never gets sent, even after the unreachable status goes away. Sometimes this happens the first time I send someone a message, but it will also sometimes happen in the middle of a BBM conversation and all of a sudden I'll get an SMS from the other person asking where I disappeared to. It's getting a little frustrating...
    09-04-09 03:44 PM
    I have the same problem with my 8900 (not sure which version of BBM but whatever one came with it is what I have)...ever since the huge BBM crash a month or whatever ago at least once a day I have a contact that goes "unreachable" and the message never gets sent, even after the unreachable status goes away. Sometimes this happens the first time I send someone a message, but it will also sometimes happen in the middle of a BBM conversation and all of a sudden I'll get an SMS from the other person asking where I disappeared to. It's getting a little frustrating...
    I'm in the safe unfortunate situation. My girlfriend has the 9530 Storm on a different network and it happens to the both of us all the time.

We've pretty much given up and resorted to using SMS or calling when possible.

Does anyone know if there's a fix to this? Is it even an issue with the device?
    As chipperchow said, this has been happening since the 'crash'.

Would upgrading to 5.0 fix anything?
    09-09-09 12:13 PM
    I had this problem as well, where I would send a IM to someone and I would show that it was delivered, but then the contact would display "contact is busy". If the user you sent the BB IM to does not open the message right away, it will display the "contact is busy" message until they open it. Hope this helps!
    01-27-10 05:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD