Hey guys, Ive been debating returning my Tour, and going back to my Curve. I like the tour and all, and I havent had any issues yet (knock on wood) but I really do miss my Curve. I feel like the Curve is a tank. Please convince me not to, cause I have been debating all day today. Any comments or advice would be helpful. Am I the only one who wants to go back to the Curve??
    09-03-09 10:24 PM
    How much is left in your 30 days?
    09-03-09 10:25 PM
    If you're not happy with the Tour and would be more happy with the Curve, or you feel like you just can't live without your Curve, go back to it.

Nobody here will have hard feelings.

In the end, it's whatever device YOU want, not what people recommend.
    09-03-09 10:26 PM
    Do what works for you. You tried a different phone but you want your Curve. Go for it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-09 11:19 PM
    I say go with the one you want. I would just always keep in mind that it always takes times to get used to a new device; so just make sure you aren't just having the "growing pains".

But if the Curve makes you happier, then I'd say stick with the Curve.
    09-03-09 11:31 PM
    Sure. If it's what you prefer to use, why stick with the Tour? If you have no reason to keep it, don't.

09-03-09 11:33 PM
    I am thinking of going back to my Curve because of the dam trackball & the battery life =\ I even have a 1600mAh battery too because the stock sucks. I might just leave all my BBM buddies and go with the Pre lol
    09-04-09 12:40 AM
    Hey guys, Ive been debating returning my Tour, and going back to my Curve. I like the tour and all, and I havent had any issues yet (knock on wood) but I really do miss my Curve. I feel like the Curve is a tank. Please convince me not to, cause I have been debating all day today. Any comments or advice would be helpful. Am I the only one who wants to go back to the Curve??
    Good luck with the curve.

09-04-09 02:55 AM
    I am thinking of going back to my Curve because of the dam trackball & the battery life =\ I even have a 1600mAh battery too because the stock sucks. I might just leave all my BBM buddies and go with the Pre lol
    You are complaining about the Tour's battery life and have a Pre........are you serious?? Using Pre and battery life in the same sentence is an oxymoron...LOL!!

OP......go with whatever device works best for you. We can't tell you what you should like best, only you can decide that. All I can tell you is that I came from the 8330 and would never go back. My 8330 used to lag so much I couldn't take it anymore. But the curve was still a great phone though.
    09-04-09 07:48 AM
    Do it.
    10 chars
    09-04-09 08:07 AM
    If you're within your 30 days, I'd say, "go for it". Otherwise, I'd sit tight and wait to see if the software enhancements and / or the OS upgrade make the phone more appealing or desirable.
    09-04-09 02:23 PM
    I considered this as well. Also thought about switching to the Pearl 8130 simply because I love the form factor, but in the end I kept the Tour. Main two reasons: 1. The browser is faster, and with the higher resolution screen the pages look much better and require less scrolling around to find what you're looking for. 2. Videos on the Tour are much better. The media player itself is wayyyyyy better. The videos will play in full screen and they look great. I was never impressed by the video player in the Curve.

I'm also waiting for the big 5.0OS update which will be coming to the Tour.

The Curve is a great phone, and having the easily replaceable trackball is a huge plus in my book but it's just not enough to recommend it over the Tour. If BB would update the Pearl with a faster processor, higher resolution screen, and 5.0OS I'd be all over it. Maybe some day...

Good luck with whatever you decide.
    09-04-09 03:10 PM
    just use whatever device makes you happy man. In the end isn't that what matters?

09-04-09 03:28 PM
    Go with your gut feeling. As others have mentioned, use the phone that you like best not necessarily the phone of the day.
    09-04-09 05:20 PM
    I've found myself thinking the same thing, that the Curve was just a steady, solid built fantastic device--sometimes I miss it.

I'd also miss certain things about this new device too....16gb memory card!
    09-04-09 06:46 PM
    The Tour is better than the Curve in every way. Why would you want to roll back? Are you planning on scrapping your DVD's and going back to VHS also?

I bet you don't realize how awesome the Tour is until you try to go back to the Curve and it feels like you are using a toy.

my 2 cents...
    09-04-09 06:54 PM
    I can't imagine going back to my 8330. I'd miss the speed, screen, and camera among many things the Tour does better.

But, use whatever makes you happy. The 8330 has my wife plenty satisfied.
    09-04-09 06:56 PM
    Battery life of my fiances curve is sooooo much better then my tour. I miss that.

09-04-09 07:00 PM
    I might miss a few things about my curve, but if I went back to it, I would miss MANY things about the tour. For example, much better camera, media player, resolution and screen, browser speed, general speed, memory, form factor and keyboard (personal pref), GPS, available themes, etc etc etc.

Nope. Couldn't go back!

09-04-09 08:58 PM
    I used a Curve 8330 for about 3 days a while back before ending up with the Tour. I'm am still trying to get used to the keypad of the Tour and used a friends Curve 8330 for a few minutes the other day and realized I could type much faster on the 8330 keypad. I like everything else about the Tour though so.... I think for me the perfect device would be the 8900, high-res screen like Tour, WIFI, keypad like 8330. Unfortunately, AT&T/T-Mobile lack coverage in my area . Its either Verizon/Sprint only for me so therefore I'm sticking with Tour.
    09-04-09 09:19 PM
    If you can hold off a while longer, I believe a CDMA version of the Curve 8520 will be launched sometime soon...

09-04-09 11:28 PM
    doesnt surprise me! ive gone from a curve with alltel, to a curve with vzw, then a storm, then back to the curve, then to a bold, then back to a curve. so i can relate to wanting to go back to the curve. the fact is, i can rely on my curve and it does everything i need it to. might not be the newest, fastest, or prettiest BB out right now, but like another the OP said, its a TANK!!!
    09-04-09 11:35 PM
    whatever makes you happy
    09-04-09 11:39 PM
    It's just like a new pair of jeans. The more you wear them, the more comfortable they get. Sure, the keyboard is a bit of an adjustment to the curve. I find myself being able to type with fewer errors on my Tour than on my old curve. Fingers almost roll over throughout the keypad rather than having to hover then push. Once again, personal preference. I would keep the Tour.
    09-04-09 11:57 PM
    whatever makes you happy
    . I was happy with my Curve, I'm fact VERY happy. I'm happier with my Tour. For me, #1 is the increased app memory, #2, beautiful display. I also like the increased RAM, and I got used to the changes in the keyboard. The battery lasted longer in the Curve, but the battery in the Tour lasts out the day for me, so no big deal. So... for me, the Tour is an improvement over the Curve, as next year's model BB will hopefully be better than the Tour. BTW, I tried the Pre, and it didn't "fit" me. YMMV.

09-05-09 12:00 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD