One of my friends is operation on a Bold and his Blackberry Maps talks to him on a turn by turn basis. I was wondering how to get mine on my Storm to do the same. Is there an update? how do I get it if so?
    09-03-09 06:27 PM
    What version do you have of blackberry maps? When I go to BB maps on my 8900 I can click the menu button and click find directions, I don't know if this is turn by turn because I have a gps in my car so no use for this, but on the other hand it would be something I would look into as I'm not always in my car.

But when I think of Verizon I think why would they let you use BB's turn by turn directions when they want you to use their VZnavigator. Might want to call Verizon & ask if it is possible.

Rlacsamana19.
    09-03-09 06:34 PM
    One of my friends is operation on a Bold and his Blackberry Maps talks to him on a turn by turn basis. I was wondering how to get mine on my Storm to do the same. Is there an update? how do I get it if so?
    lol
    09-03-09 06:37 PM
    it says i'm running 4.7.0 for Maps. But Idk what verizon would have to do with anything about the turn by turn feature. Shouldn't it already be included in the version? and Blitz, whats funny? if you don't have helpful info on the topic then dont be a tool and just dont say anything
    09-03-09 06:45 PM
    check out google maps from your BB browser at m.google.com/maps

it has turn by turn directions, not quite like vz navigator but it is a little bit better than BB maps as BB only uses satellites so if your not outside it won't pick up your location where as google maps uses cell towers if it can't find you using satellites

Also to let you know, Verizon has the right to tell BB not to allow certain features with there service. Just like how they don't have wifi on any of there phones at this time as its a way to make more money, so to make more money they can say we want them to only be able to use VZnavigator and nothing else. its up to verizon
    Last edited by rlacsamana19; 09-03-09 at 06:54 PM.
    09-03-09 06:47 PM
    I have google maps on my phone as well however it doesnt give the turn by turn directions out loud so i dont have to look at my phone while i drive. Unless i'm missing something there too.
    09-03-09 06:54 PM
    I'm stumped. I'd say ask your friend what he has done.
    09-03-09 07:10 PM
    found something called NAV4ALL. which talks to you, don't know if it cost anything or not.
    09-03-09 07:15 PM
    You've been a lot of help! i'll look into it all! Thanks!
    09-03-09 07:16 PM
    Garmin Mobile will also give you turn-by-turn directions. It's not free, however. BBMaps does not have that capability.
    09-03-09 07:19 PM
    not a problem, glad a newbie like my self can help out, i'm downloading the app my self right now.
    09-03-09 07:23 PM
    Garmin Mobile will also give you turn-by-turn directions. It's not free, however. BBMaps does not have that capability.
    BB Maps does have that feature just doesn't talk back to you. I just checked it out on BB maps and its just like google maps.

Also found this! All known GPS Applications for BB - BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community
    09-03-09 07:27 PM
    You are correct. I chose my words poorly. I meant to say, bbmaps does not have spoken directions. Nav4All does, as does Garmin Mobile.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-09 07:36 PM
    You are correct. I chose my words poorly. I meant to say, bbmaps does not have spoken directions. Nav4All does, as does Garmin Mobile.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    ha didn't even notice you were a Forums Moderator, I pwned a Forums Moderator :P lol
    09-03-09 07:49 PM
    I'd use google maps if it had track up like most GPS's do. Pain in the *** to use the other
    09-03-09 08:01 PM
    check out google maps from your BB browser at m.google.com/maps

it has turn by turn directions, not quite like vz navigator but it is a little bit better than BB maps as BB only uses satellites so if your not outside it won't pick up your location where as google maps uses cell towers if it can't find you using satellites

Also to let you know, Verizon has the right to tell BB not to allow certain features with there service. Just like how they don't have wifi on any of there phones at this time as its a way to make more money, so to make more money they can say we want them to only be able to use VZnavigator and nothing else. its up to verizon
    There is one phone that does have WIFI its the xv6800. I have one and a storm.
    09-04-09 02:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD