Hey crackberry gang as title states, I'll be getting my bb-storm tomorrow, this will be my first blackberry so I'm just wondering what things should i get in order for it.

i.e: Firmware (OS)
    APPS
    etc. etc.
    09-03-09 02:35 PM
    Hey crackberry gang as title states, I'll be getting my bb-storm tomorrow, this will be my first blackberry so I'm just wondering what things should i get in order for it.

i.e: Firmware (OS)
    APPS
    etc. etc.
    Let me tell you that if it's your first Blackberry you are in good shape. I think the transition from keyboard to touch screen is the hardest. Still there will be a lot to learn so be patient, and go easy on that touch screen.

Enjoy!
    09-03-09 02:38 PM
    Let me tell you that if it's your first Blackberry you are in good shape. I think the transition from keyboard to touch screen is the hardest. Still there will be a lot to learn so be patient, and go easy on that touch screen.

Enjoy!
    Yeah from what i've heard so far it's been getting neg reviews but patients is the only remedy I suppose.
    09-03-09 02:42 PM
    just browse around the forums and you can find tons of info on 3rd party apps and which os suits your needs
    09-03-09 03:40 PM
    If u are tech savvy .191 is a great os to start with

admittedly you'll lose camera and app functionality but the speed of the os more than makes up for it for a user like me. Flick scrolling and threaded SMS is rather sweet too

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-09 03:56 PM
    Hummm i guess its going to be a long day tomorrow
    09-03-09 05:42 PM
    Why don't u wait until oct and get the storm 2??????

09-03-09 05:49 PM
    It was both my first Blackberry and first touch screen. I loved it from day 1 - ordered it on release day in November. Spend a few days here, and you'll be in good shape.

For apps, I love: Google Sync, QuickLaunch, Google Maps, Google Voice, QuickPull, Slacker, Poynt, iHeartRadio to name a few off the top of my head.

Welcome!
    09-03-09 10:13 PM
    Make sure you install 151 OS, it is by far the best.
    09-03-09 10:22 PM
    If you could, I would really wait for the storm 2 to come out. The additional memory will be well worth the wait. Not to mention WiFi and the better touch screen.
    09-03-09 10:33 PM
    I think .167 is the new 4.7 king. So far, it has been great.

09-03-09 10:35 PM
    If you could, I would really wait for the storm 2 to come out. The additional memory will be well worth the wait. Not to mention WiFi and the better touch screen.
    what he said
    09-03-09 10:57 PM
    Do Not Get This Piece Of Junk Phone... Its Awful Wait For The Storm 2 Or Get The Tour. This Is A Warning!
    09-03-09 10:58 PM
    Get the storm2 instead thats when it comes out.
    09-03-09 11:28 PM
    Here is what a 1st gen iphone looked like: no song ring tones. no games. no flash. no instant messaging. no picture messaging. no video recording. no voice recognition. no voice dialing. no wireless blue tooth (ad2p) no 3.5 mm headphone jack. no 3g (ev-do/hsdpa) no gps. no real keyboard. no removable battery. no expandable storage. no direct itunes music store access (over wi-fi or edge)
    At least the storm 1 has class! Feel good about a storm 1. Iphone blows!
    09-03-09 11:31 PM
    No!! Dont get a storm, get the Storm 2.
    Wait it out
    It be out like OCT 14th
    09-03-09 11:31 PM
    Do Not Get This Piece Of Junk Phone... Its Awful Wait For The Storm 2 Or Get The Tour. This Is A Warning!
    I am just curious why you would try to deprive someone of a superior phone? Be specific. Give good details that can be backed up with facts.
    09-03-09 11:33 PM
    No!! Dont get a storm, get the Storm 2.
    Wait it out
    It be out like OCT 14th
    Here is what a 1st gen iphone looked like: no song ring tones. no games. no flash. no instant messaging. no picture messaging. no video recording. no voice recognition. no voice dialing. no wireless blue tooth (ad2p) no 3.5 mm headphone jack. no 3g (ev-do/hsdpa) no gps. no real keyboard. no removable battery. no expandable storage. no direct itunes music store access (over wi-fi or edge)
    A storm 1 is nothing this horrid.
    09-03-09 11:34 PM
    So glad someone brought up the iphone's origins again. And it was seen as the end all for everything else. Why? The storm is already 10x better than the original iphone. Problem is, its meant for a different type of user, not the ones that would find the iphone better.

People who are used to touch screens hate the storm, I love mine and have been doin qwerty for years, took me just under 2 hrs to get to where im typin as fast on the storm as my curve it replaced.
    09-04-09 01:09 AM
    Make sure you install 151 OS, it is by far the best.
    +1, I like this OS the best because it fixes the memory issues, its a bit faster, and you can still use your camera.
    09-04-09 05:43 AM
    QuickLaunch, Google Maps, QuickPull, Slacker, Poynt, Pandora, MemoryBooster 2.0, and if you're interested in changing the LED colors for phone calls, e-mails, SMS, etc., and having the option of vib & ring definitely get BerryBuzz!!!BerryBuzz 2.0 - Custom LED Colors, Repeating Alerts and more! - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store
    Last edited by xwhite_rabbitx; 09-04-09 at 04:34 PM.
    09-04-09 05:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD