AT&T has announced that the iPhone will be getting MMS September 25th.

http://www.theiphoneblog.com/2009/09...eptember-25th/

We know many of our iPhone customers are eager for an update on our rollout schedule for Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS). We�ve been working for the past several months to prepare our systems and network to ensure the best possible experience with MMS when it launches � and that launch date is: September 25 for iPhone 3G and 3GS customers. MMS will be enabled through a software update on that day.

We know that iPhone users will embrace MMS. The unique capabilities and high usage of the iPhone�s multimedia capabilities required us to work on our network MMS architecture to carry the expected record volumes of MMS traffic and ensure an excellent experience from Day One. We appreciate your patience as we work toward that end.

We�re riding the leading edge of smartphone growth that�s resulted in an explosion of traffic over the AT&T network. Wireless use on our network has grown an average of 350 percent year-over-year for the past two years, and is projected to continue at a rapid pace in 2009 and beyond. The volume of smartphone data traffic the AT&T network is handling is unmatched in the wireless industry. We want you to know that we�re working relentlessly to innovate and invest in our network to anticipate this growth in usage and to stay ahead of the anticipated growth in data demand, new devices and applications for years to come.

We thank you for your business and look forward to keeping you updated on our initiatives.
    AT&T Media Kit | iPhone 3GS
    Last edited by avt123; 09-03-09 at 05:10 PM.
    09-03-09 01:40 PM
    About damn time!!!
    09-03-09 01:57 PM
    Finally! My roommates all have iPhone 3G and it sucked not being able to send them a quick MMS.

So many times I've been shopping for shared house items and wished I could send them a picture to make sure I'm getting the right thing.
    09-03-09 02:20 PM
    Good to see. I've always used e-mail even when I used my Blackberry though.
    But a good thing nonetheless.

I hate that it's a software update though so I'm going to have to restore my jailbreak.
    09-03-09 02:29 PM
    Finally !!!
    09-03-09 03:39 PM
    I hate that it's a software update though so I'm going to have to restore my jailbreak.
    Yea, that part sucks. I just save my folders, re-download the packages I need and then drag my folder back in with SSH and everything is good to go. The process doesn't take me any longer than 15min.
    09-03-09 04:09 PM
    sweeeet gonna have to re jailbreak after im sure
    09-03-09 04:22 PM
    through i tunes im assuming?
    09-03-09 04:25 PM
    ridiculous. advanced my patootie
    09-03-09 04:39 PM
    ridiculous. advanced my patootie
    Well, its not Apple's fault; it's AT&T. Other iPhone carriers been had MMS since June.
    09-03-09 04:58 PM
    So will I need to jailbreak my phone to get it? I'm a little nervous about doing that

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-09 05:11 PM
    I updated my OP with info from AT&Ts site... Good stuff lol
    09-03-09 05:11 PM
    So will I need to jailbreak my phone to get it? I'm a little nervous about doing that

No you won't...
    09-03-09 05:17 PM
    Lmaoooo! Wow.....
    09-03-09 05:28 PM

Like Sandos said, no you wont have to jailbreak. This is an official update.
    09-03-09 05:29 PM
    So I take it 3.1 will be coming out that day
    09-03-09 05:39 PM
    Although what's funny about all of this is when I went and got my 3GS as a replacement for my Bold and switched to the iPhone data plan from my BIS plan, modified my carrier settings, MMS worked, and has ever since. The reason I say it's funny is that when I would mess around with my old 3G on 3.0 with the BIS plan, I could not for the life of me get MMS to work. It's a very ironic situation more than funny I suppose. It's got to have something to do with the family messaging plan.

Either way, I'm happy because I can get my wife (who is not on my family plan - long story) off of my back about MMS on her 3G in exactly 22 days!!!!!
    09-03-09 05:42 PM
    Sorry but I am still pretty new to the iPhone. But how do I get this update when it comes out?

09-03-09 05:43 PM
    So I take it 3.1 will be coming out that day
    Probably announced at the upcoming conference... Has to be 3.1... They wouldn't just have everyone update their IPCC file IMO.

EDIT: or it could be something like 3.0.2, but that would seem pretty useless with 3.1 so far along in beta, but who knows...
    Last edited by sandos; 09-03-09 at 05:47 PM.
    09-03-09 05:44 PM
    Sorry but I am still pretty new to the iPhone. But how do I get this update when it comes out?

connect that day to itunes and check for update
    09-03-09 05:45 PM
    About time : DD

When you plug in your iPhone to iTunes anytime after the release it will tell you an update is ready. Pretty simple I think relative to some RIM OS updates.
    About time, although there is common knowledge on how to accomplish this... at least it will be official.
    09-03-09 08:48 PM
    Well, its not Apple's fault; it's AT&T. Other iPhone carriers been had MMS since June.
    It's definitely Apple's. AT&T plays some part in it for letting Apple get them from behind (another words, manhandled)
    09-03-09 11:33 PM
    It's definitely Apple's. AT&T plays some part in it for letting Apple get them from behind (another words, manhandled)
    Are you sure about that? By judging from the keynote this summer, Phil was clearly mad at AT&T, and even threw some shots at them. I think it was obvious to anyone watching it. Honestly, I don't think AT&T was ready. Maybe AT&T is ready, as of right now, but in June, no.
    09-04-09 07:44 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD