So I want to get a phone and also something to keep in the car as a portable harddrive for my music and also internet access. But which to choose? Netbook or iPhone (w/ data plan only)? Tour or 9700?

VZW: The tour has everything I want, now that they seem to have the build issues fixed. But I went in today and the rep told me the netbooks suck! And that I'd be better off buying one from best buy and getting the air card from him... which is an option, but I didn't know netbooks didn't come w/ 3G access?

ATT: I'm not a big fan of buying brand new phones, because of problems like the tour had. But I would like the 9700's trackpad. I also like the iphone's super portability and small size, but can it compare to a netbook in performance and features?

Thanks in advance... And please don't say "just use your BB" or "iPhone can do all that"; I would prefer two devices.
    09-02-09 11:21 PM
    Oops, I meant "Onyx" instead of "Essex" in the thread title. Maybe a mod could fix that for me?
    09-02-09 11:24 PM
    Here's an idea:

1) If you stick with Verizon, get the Tour that's expected to come out with wi-fi, trackpad, and all that other goodness.

2) Get their mi-fi device and get a new ipod touch (next gen supposedly coming out with a camera and bluetooh - saw a bluetooth device that said it would eventually work with the next gen ipod touch, we'll see).

I don't know how the plan would cost for that. It's better than being on AT&T (not hating).

- Just realized that would be three different things to buy. Something to think about nonetheless
    Last edited by pachenkster; 09-02-09 at 11:34 PM.
    09-02-09 11:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD