I searched but could not find the answer so I'll post. Your input is very much appreciated, heres the deal.
    I'm switching to Verizon from Tmobile and need to get 2 phones. I currently have a curve 8310 so I thought a tour for myself,I text, surf web, email and look at pdf and spreadsheets,facebook. but my 16 year old daughter is used to her sidekick for facebook, myspace, texting, pics, music.

What would you recommend for myself and my daughter? Thanks again.

Eric
    09-02-09 08:42 PM
    i have had mine since january and use it for email and web surfing and general stuff. i am on .148 OS right now with no issues at all. i am happy with it. i tried alot of hybrids and leaks before the official came out and it was fun. always action on this site with new stuff which makes it fun. the name crackberry is so fitting. i cant get enough of this site. it my first smart phone as well. i cant ever see myself going back to a normal phone. i am interested in the iphone, but not with at&t. if it comes to verizon i might go with it. my friend at work just got the tour and i was playing around with it for a little bit today. its a nice phone. i guess it depends on if you like buttons or touch screen. my wife has a curve and hates my phone. lol. i kinda like both actually. people like the storm because of the large screen as well. the tour is smaller but its still a nice size. just goto verizon and play with both, you can always get either one and i think you have so many days to exchange if not happy with it.
    09-02-09 08:49 PM
    Since Verizon has the buy one get one free go with the Tour. Just my two cents.
    09-02-09 09:01 PM
    You know why you searched and had no answers? Because in the end its your choice. Asking these questions gets you no where

LoL. I STILL LOVE MY STORM!
    Screw that Tour
    09-02-09 09:07 PM
    2 Tours, the Storm is not for everyone and takes a lot of getting used too, if you ever do at all.

The Tour is something you can walk into and use comfortably with very little learning curve.. my $0.2, take it for what it's worth.

Ultimately, nothing anyone here says is gonna make the choice for you.
    09-02-09 09:09 PM
    all your choice, do what Smoke N crack said go to your nearest verizon and play with both, the storm does take alot of gettin use to like mentioned before... all in what you want.... I love my storm personally
    09-02-09 09:24 PM
    2 Tours, the Storm is not for everyone and takes a lot of getting used too, if you ever do at all.

The Tour is something you can walk into and use comfortably with very little learning curve.. my $0.2, take it for what it's worth.

Ultimately, nothing anyone here says is gonna make the choice for you.
    you said 20 cents. I'm sorry I just caught that and had to point it out. All in good fun.

Anyways, I've had a storm for about a year now and I love it. It was my first Blackberry and I can easily say I'll never go to another phone. The Storm has all the functionality of a businessman's Blackberry and all the fun of an iPhone.

I love the SurePress and the reduced keyboard and have gotten very good at typing on it. If you are used to typing on a physical keyboard, go with the Tour. Like Blaze and others have said, its your decision in the end. Find a friend with a Storm or Tour or go to the stores and try them out.

Good luck.
    09-02-09 09:30 PM
    I would recommend the Storm personally but I would say wait until the Storm2 is released before making the leap.
    09-02-09 09:32 PM
    if you cant wait for the storm 2, id start with storms. theres 15 or 30 days you can exchange it once. start with the storms because the tour has no learning curve as B1aze said.

but just be aware of the screen real estate youll be losing if you go tour.

i love my storm but if i cant get one that clicks right (tried all fixes) then im going with a tour.
    09-02-09 09:49 PM
    IMO, neither is appropriate for a 16 year old unless he or she is some sort of child Hollywood star, especially a Tour.
    09-02-09 09:59 PM
    IMO, neither is appropriate for a 16 year old unless he or she is some sort of child Hollywood star, especially a Tour.
    times are changing. kids get normal phones by like 10-12 now. and phones like the voyager or sidekick when like 14-16.... its only logical that a bb or iphone is next right?
    09-02-09 10:03 PM
    Why don't you get the stour. J/k its really up to. I love my storm can't really put it down. When I do in about 15 min I'm either texting someone or browsing this site.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-09 10:46 PM
    Funny, you posted in the Storm forums, you'll probably get people telling you to get the Storm. I have seen so far people telling you to decide for yourself, which is the best answer. We can't possibly tell you what you'll be happy with.

But since you asked, get the Tour
    09-02-09 10:49 PM
    got my storm today 10 hours straight in my hand so far its great i love it
    09-02-09 10:50 PM
    Since Verizon has the buy one get one free go with the Tour. Just my two cents.
    I was told by the Verizon rep that the Tour isn't eligible for the "free" phone.
    09-02-09 10:51 PM
    Agreed that no 16 year old needs a blackberry. But if you are going to get one free anyway buy the tour and get a free storm

Play with both and give the one u like less to your daughter

Ur kid may not be so happy with this agreement
    09-03-09 04:34 AM
    Thanks for all your input. I've heard problems and returns with the storm, but I suppose all phones have some problems.

As far as a 16 year old getting a BB. She is starting her high school junior year this year but only half days, the second half a day will be split between community colleage where she was accepted to the early addmission teachers program and working as a TA in the in elementary school with the kids. She'll get 9 colleage credit for the program. So with her traveling to various schools in the district her not having a phone is not an option for me, so if i can get a tour for $49.99 after discounts, why not?

Thanks again all.

Eric
    09-03-09 07:57 AM
    As one of the very few that is still on his first Storm that I have had for nearly a year with almost zero problems (despite the early OS issues). I would recommend the Storm, then again, I went thru the learning curve with not much problem. If your daughter is the normal texter of this day and age, she will most likely not like it. Since a physical keyboard is easier to get used to.

I use mine throughout the world, with absolutely no issues. For email, Facebook, IM apps, internet, news, business apps, etc. Not only is it my life-line to my company (being a personal phone that my company covers the extra costs when I travel), but is also the only means of communication with my family as I travel the world. I love my Storm!

Then again, I have not experienced half the issues you can read about on this site. As mentioned, I've had my Storm for nearly a year and still enjoy it to this day. But... to each their own ;-)

09-03-09 08:33 AM
    Thanks for all your input. I've heard problems and returns with the storm, but I suppose all phones have some problems.

As far as a 16 year old getting a BB. She is starting her high school junior year this year but only half days, the second half a day will be split between community colleage where she was accepted to the early addmission teachers program and working as a TA in the in elementary school with the kids. She'll get 9 colleage credit for the program. So with her traveling to various schools in the district her not having a phone is not an option for me, so if i can get a tour for $49.99 after discounts, why not?

Thanks again all.

Eric
    There is a high number of returns and issues with the tour also. Ie. Trackball and reception issues. Which is the lesser of two evils for u?

09-03-09 09:33 AM
    I suggest you take her to a VZW store or a Best Buy and let her try a Storm. You won't find the answer to the question "which should I get" in any forum. Just suggestions and recommendations. I got a Storm yesterday, it has OS 148 that seems to work very well. I like it, and I moved from a Curve.
    09-03-09 09:54 AM
    Its like this if u go with the storm u have to be very smart and patient and with the tour u dont need to be smart but i prefer the storm because of the screen.
    09-03-09 11:37 AM
    Get the Tour...Everyone i know has dumped the Storm for a different model.
    09-03-09 11:42 AM
    I was close to giving up on the storm, but once they fixed my issue this phone is the best one yet.

I just like the big screen!

09-03-09 11:54 AM
    Once you get a storm, and try to go back...you'll miss all that screen's real estate!!!
    09-03-09 01:58 PM
    The Storm!!
    09-03-09 02:28 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD