My phone sends darn emails to quincy everyone 5 minutes, I want it to stop. Can someone tell me what to uninstall and how to do it?
    09-02-09 03:37 PM
    Uninstall RIM Internal Tools from your Computer.

Reinstall the OS on your Blackberry.
    09-02-09 03:39 PM
    There's an option, but I can't remember where it is, to disable the emails. OR you could change the email address to your own. But you should've deleted the RIM internal tools from your computer before you installed the OS.
    09-02-09 03:41 PM
    There's an option, but I can't remember where it is, to disable the emails. OR you could change the email address to your own. But you should've deleted the RIM internal tools from your computer before you installed the OS.
    Nope, even if you try and turn off quincy in the options it will keep sending those random emails back and forth, you have to wipe your phone, then before reinstalling .191, go into your computers Add/Remove or Uninstall programs section in the Control panel and look for Blackberry Internal Apps, Uninstall it and then after it is gone, use Loader.exe to Reinstall .191, There will be no more problems after that, Remember to backup files beforehand though
    09-02-09 03:46 PM
    Nope, even if you try and turn off quincy in the options it will keep sending those random emails back and forth, you have to wipe your phone, then before reinstalling .191, go into your computers Add/Remove or Uninstall programs section in the Control panel and look for Blackberry Internal Apps, Uninstall it and then after it is gone, use Loader.exe to Reinstall .191, There will be no more problems after that, Remember to backup files beforehand though
    you DO NOT have to wipe the device. I know there is an option to disable it also.
    09-02-09 03:49 PM
    you DO NOT have to wipe the device. I know there is an option to disable it also.
    The option to disable it DOES NOT work, You can try it but I guarantee you will still be sending and recieving random messages with RIM, Unless you know of a way to remove the .cod from the phone without reinstalling, a wipe is the only way. I had this same problem with .140
    09-02-09 04:06 PM
    I just remember reading about it, but I haven't seen any posts about it not working for good. You can either change the email to your's or wipe and reinstall since the previous method doesn't work (Phones get too complicated lmao)
    09-02-09 04:08 PM
    My phone sends darn emails to quincy everyone 5 minutes, I want it to stop. Can someone tell me what to uninstall and how to do it?
    Does your BMW have an iDrive in it?

If so, I'm assuming you can navigate through it.

You can use an iDrive but you can't properly install a leaked 5.0 OS?!?!

I'm just messing with you. As members have said, any leak thats a 5.0 leak has an internal bug reporting system (reserved for RIM testers), in this case "Quincy" will email bugs and what not to RIM. You'll have to remove it from your actual desktop using the "Add/Remove Programs", the program is called RIM Internal Tools or something to that effect...it'll probably be the only RIM related item on your Add/Remove Programs list.

After that, wipe your phone and reinstall the OS and you'll be good to go. Be sure to back up your contacts and what not before wiping.
    09-02-09 04:13 PM
    Does your BMW have an iDrive in it?

If so, I'm assuming you can navigate through it.

You can use an iDrive but you can't properly install a leaked 5.0 OS?!?!

I'm just messing with you. As members have said, any leak thats a 5.0 leak has an internal bug reporting system (reserved for RIM testers), in this case "Quincy" will email bugs and what not to RIM. You'll have to remove it from your actual desktop using the "Add/Remove Programs", the program is called RIM Internal Tools or something to that effect...it'll probably be the only RIM related item on your Add/Remove Programs list.

After that, wipe your phone and reinstall the OS and you'll be good to go. Be sure to back up your contacts and what not before wiping.
    Yep, i said the same thing above, it is called "Blackberry Internal Apps" in the Add/Remove section.
    09-02-09 04:18 PM
    Then use BBSAK and remove all CODs that have quincy in them....i dont see why the option to disable it doesnt work in this build, it work in previous ones
    09-02-09 05:17 PM
    Then use BBSAK and remove all CODs that have quincy in them....i dont see why the option to disable it doesnt work in this build, it work in previous ones
    Good call, I forgot about BBSAK, but the option to disable it in .140 did not work either. I disabled it after any battery pull and it still sent and recieved the messages with RIM.
    09-02-09 05:32 PM
    I'm very impressed with the speed of loading OSes now that I know the trick of using App Loader.

BBSAK's ability to wipe is incredibly quick (under a second? is that truly possible?)

I'd just wipe, reinstall .191 to your PC, make sure to remove the internal tools, and then reload via AppLoader.
    09-02-09 06:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD