Based on the 9520 model number and the proving track record with that number (20) wouldn't it be logical to assume that the Storm 9520 will come to T-Mobile? I think its time that T-Mobile got a not just "cool" device in their arsenal but also a unique one at that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-09 11:42 AM
    yah, a lotta xx20 phones do go over to tmo. actually, i think tmo has gotten every xx20 phone out there. hmmm....iono. im crossing my fingers that they do get the s2. i like the uma feature, as i do travel a lot. did get news some time ago that they are getting a touchscreen bb, but no new developments have been leaked. then again, tmo is very good at keeping things under wrap.
    09-02-09 01:02 PM
    i hope tmo gets it. i would be really pissed if only verizon got it. i would then switch to vzn, but those greedy douches would then squeeze my nuts for every nickel and dime that i had.
    09-02-09 01:14 PM
    I am holding out hope that TMO gets this phone. From all accounts it appears there will be a GSM only flavor of this handset, but will they release 2 hardware GSM models to support 3G for ROGERS/ATT and then T-Mobile?

Correct me if I am wrong, but ROGERS/ATT share the same 3G bands, while T-Mobile utilizes a different one?

I have said it once and will say it again but I think all carriers should have a touchscreen Berry as part of their flagship BB offering. These exclusivity agreements stink! I would hope to see everyone get this phone now that VZW got in under the initial first generation hype.

The 3G is not that huge for me personally since it will have Wi-Fi, but it's gonna kill my pocketbook if I have to go ebay unlocked and grab this thing from ROGERS. Honestly I would have bought an S1 a long time ago if only there was an OS that was 100% stable for EDGE. Sigh.....

Let's hope T-Mobile sees this phone before year-end.
    09-02-09 03:34 PM
    Radiogunea verified that it was coming to T-Mo a while back.

09-02-09 04:02 PM
    t-mobile can't get lucky with 2 major devices in 1 year. this has never happen before. they will be getting the driftwood. that alone will make an impact on their network. there's a higher chance of s2 going to at&t then tmobile. at&t needs the s2 because the iphone won't be the exclusive product anymore. the iphone is headed to verizon and other carriers very soon. at&t iphone profit will not be extremely high as before. you have to remember tmobile has their exclusive product the g1/g2.tmobile customers should be happy. you are getting a 3g blackberry that you rightfully deserve after such a long time. go grab a driftwood tmo folks.
    09-02-09 04:13 PM
    t-mobile can't get lucky with 2 major devices in 1 year. this has never happen before. they will be getting the driftwood. that alone will make an impact on their network. there's a higher chance of s2 going to at&t then tmobile. at&t needs the s2 because the iphone won't be the exclusive product anymore. the iphone is headed to verizon and other carriers very soon. at&t iphone profit will not be extremely high as before. you have to remember tmobile has their exclusive product the g1/g2.tmobile customers should be happy. you are getting a 3g blackberry that you rightfully deserve after such a long time. go grab a driftwood tmo folks.
    Actually if you want to get technical, T-Mobile got more than 2 major devices (and I won't even count the myTouch 3g) They got the 8900, Touch Pro 2, and are getting the 9700 as well as the Motorola Morrison (I'm not sure if this will count or not, but oh well. ) Although I'm not sure if they'll get the 9520 with the 9700 debut, but I sincerely hope so.
    09-02-09 04:19 PM
    Radiogunea verified that it was coming to T-Mo a while back.

Its not even CONFIRMED if the phone will even come to GSM carriers. If so I want to see proof from this Radiogunea. Not word of mouth.
    09-02-09 06:21 PM
    Actually if you want to get technical, T-Mobile got more than 2 major devices (and I won't even count the myTouch 3g) They got the 8900, Touch Pro 2, and are getting the 9700 as well as the Motorola Morrison (I'm not sure if this will count or not, but oh well. ) Although I'm not sure if they'll get the 9520 with the 9700 debut, but I sincerely hope so.
    and i think he was talking more on the line of BLACKBERRY products.. Sorry for double posting.
    09-02-09 06:22 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f40/bla...ml#post3030977

here is your proof sir. not word of mouth and its straight from the source
    09-02-09 06:50 PM
    Proof as in an official document saying the storm 2 will come to GSM carriers.
    09-02-09 10:52 PM
    i hope tmo gets it. i would be really pissed if only verizon got it. i would then switch to vzn, but those greedy douches would then squeeze my nuts for every nickel and dime that i had.
    Guess they would have $0.15 then huh? lol haha
    09-02-09 11:00 PM
    lol, touche rlac
    09-03-09 12:59 AM
    Its not even CONFIRMED if the phone will even come to GSM carriers. If so I want to see proof from this Radiogunea. Not word of mouth.
    Does it even need to be confirmed? The GSM/UMTS world is much bigger than the EVDO CDMA market. Without a GSM version, where else can RIM sell this new BB, except a few more smaller markets?
    09-03-09 01:16 PM
    Does it even need to be confirmed? The GSM/UMTS world is much bigger than the EVDO CDMA market. Without a GSM version, where else can RIM sell this new BB, except a few more smaller markets?
    I would be more convinced if it was visible evidence rather than rumors? and if im not mistaken on the first bb storm you could unlock it. and whats this one so different. so until i can see visual evidence of a GSM storm 2 i will shut my mouth
    09-03-09 03:17 PM
    Aren't these screenshots evidence of a GSM/3G variant (9520)?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/st...-183-a-297842/
    Last edited by mpallo; 09-03-09 at 03:39 PM.
    09-03-09 03:36 PM
    The videos I've seen show a 9520 running on ATT with Vodaphone branding. Which means it's a GSM model, since that is what Europe uses. Does that mean it's coming to the US or Canada, no but it makes it a lot more likely. I just hope TMo gets it cause I refuse to back to ATT
    09-05-09 08:18 AM
    I never had at&t i heard they suck to.
    09-05-09 09:07 AM
    Maybe when the Storm 3 is about to hit the masses would TMO be getting the S2. Its like a curse, TMO does not get all the cool Blackberries. When I got my 8900 when it came out, I started hearing rumors of a 3G Blackberry (9700/Onyx) for TMO coming in summer and here we are; still not released.
    09-06-09 12:04 AM
    Maybe when the Storm 3 is about to hit the masses would TMO be getting the S2. Its like a curse, TMO does not get all the cool Blackberries. When I got my 8900 when it came out, I started hearing rumors of a 3G Blackberry (9700/Onyx) for TMO coming in summer and here we are; still not released.
    The 9700 is supposedly coming, when who knows, but it sounds like ATT is getting it first, but I did see pics of one that was Tmobile branded so maybe.
    09-06-09 12:52 PM
    T-Mobile always seems to be on the bottom of the totem pole when it comes to getting any good phones worth getting with the exception of a couple.

Always the smallest selection compared to likke AT&T / Verizon.

That is one of the reasons I left them.
    09-06-09 01:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD