Ok, i'll try and make this as "not so confusing" as possible. On my computer I have a gmail account. I went into the settings of gmail though, and changed my "send from" account to my university email address (I have all of my university email being sync'd to gmail, so I wanted it setup so that when I reply, it wont reply using my gmail account, it'll reply using my university email account). With me???

Alright, I also have gmail being pushed to my Berry. But i'm wondering if there's any way I can set it up so that when I send an email to someone, it sends using my university email address. I know that I can go into the settings and change the "Reply To" field, but as far as I know, that'll only affect what email account they reply to if they decide to respond to my email. It wont change the fact that when I email them, the email will be shown as coming from [email protected]. Still with me??? lol

Does anyone know of a way to do this without me adding my university email account to my Berry as well. I know that if I go this route, I'll recieve all of my emails twice (1 in each account) and I dont wanna deal with that. Any ideas or things that worked for others???
    09-02-09 09:03 AM
    The only "From:" addresses available that you can use are those setup and configured in your email setup app.

You cannot arbitrarily change the "From:" to whatever you want. The sending address's account must be configured on your bb.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-09 09:13 AM
    Can't you change that in your BIS setup?
    09-02-09 10:13 AM
    The only "From:" addresses available that you can use are those setup and configured in your email setup app.

You cannot arbitrarily change the "From:" to whatever you want. The sending address's account must be configured on your bb.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Not true. Under Email Settings if you change the account name and reply address it will do what you want.
    Gemployee likes this.
    09-02-09 10:17 AM
    Not true. Under Email Settings if you change the account name and reply address it will do what you want.
    yea, you can change the reply address, but you can't change the address they see on their end from which the email came. That's what I would like to change.
    09-02-09 10:31 AM
    yea, you can change the reply address, but you can't change the address they see on their end from which the email came. That's what I would like to change.
    Changing the Email account name and the reply-to address under your email settings will change the address that they see on their end. I have my work exchange mail forwarded to my vzw.blackberry.net email address and when I reply to anything it appears as if it is from my work address just by changing those two settings.
    09-02-09 10:48 AM
    i know this is an old post, but i am having the same problem.

did you ever figure out how to reply to emails using your school account?
    08-24-10 10:04 AM
    I think if you add the school account to your BB you'd be good to go.
    Then send from that account.
    08-24-10 10:52 AM
    It's true that emails would appear sent from reply-to address. From my email settings help:

About email address names

Note: Depending on your messaging service plan, you might not be able to add email addresses or set up a BlackBerry� email address for your BlackBerry device.

By default, the Email account name field displays your email address. You can name an email address to make it more meaningful to you. For example, if your email address is [email protected], you could name it "Justin Jones at work".

When you compose an email message from your device, the name that you give to your email address appears in the Send Using field at the top of the email message. The name that you give to your email address also appears on the Home screen below the messages application icon for the email address.
    Too bad I can't send from multiple alternate email addresses. I use google apps to retrieve mails from several different servers. On iPhone I can set it to send and reply using different addresses as long as they are already verified in Gmail. On BB, I have to create separate accounts so I can send from multiple alternate addresses.

Worse, when I reply an email retrieved from my master account, BB would only use email address from master account. Anyone know any plugin that enable sending from multiple alternate addresses?
    04-22-11 06:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD